Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disaster View Post

Sonlen
Marro Stingersx5
Theracaus
500points/18spaces
Axe Grinders x4 280
Q9 460
Guilty 490
Isamu 500

Honestly, I would turtle up. Send out Guily to out range the stingers when you Sonlen Bomb is dead. Then the Dwarfs can super speed onto them. Once they are all finished up, Q9 cleans house.
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:12 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

Jotun 225
Horned Skull Brutes x3 450
Tarn Viking Warriors 500

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utger man View Post
Jotun 225
Horned Skull Brutes x3 450
Tarn Viking Warriors 500
I hate dissing on other people's armies, but I have to say that this will not work. Q9 will clean those Brutes up, and your giant is dwarf fodder.
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

I agree with Son of Arathon. Jotun and the Brutes would be in trouble facing off against Chief's Q9/Axegrinder army.

This army would fair better against Chief's army:

Fen Hydra
Aubrien Archersx4
Deathreaversx2
Kyntela Gwyn
500points/23spaces
------
There's no guarantee that this army would win either... Q9 and Axegrinders are tough. If you play it right though, the Aubrien/Deathreaver combo should eliminate the Axegrinders without too much trouble and Hydra+Deathreavers should be able to care of Q9.
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Fen Hydra
Aubrien Archersx4
Deathreaversx2
Kyntela Gwyn
500points/23spaces
I'd go with...

Phantom Knights x5 350
Zetacron 60
Black Wyrmling x3 490 / 20

Rush most of my PK's past the rat screen to engage the Hydra and archers, while Zeta hammers the Hydra. Keep a squad or so back near Zeta to keep the rats off, and Black Wyrmlings take them out without triggering scatter.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:29 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Fen Hydra
Aubrien Archersx4
Deathreaversx2
Kyntela Gwyn
500points/23spaces
I'd go with...

Phantom Knights x5 350
Zetacron 60
Black Wyrmling x3 490 / 20

Rush most of my PK's past the rat screen to engage the Hydra and archers, while Zeta hammers the Hydra. Keep a squad or so back near Zeta to keep the rats off, and Black Wyrmlings take them out without triggering scatter.
Q9 180
Axe Grinders x3 390
AE 500

Q9 can hammer away with QG on the phantoms. The grinders then help finish them off. At that point the AE have an easy time cleaning house.
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post

Q9 180
Axe Grinders x3 390
AE 500

Q9 can hammer away with QG on the phantoms. The grinders then help finish them off. At that point the AE have an easy time cleaning house.
Dude, Q9/Dwarves again?

Anyways:

Snipersx2//200
Repulsorsx4//360
Nakitas//480
Isamu//490
Otonashi//500
24 spaces

Use the Repulsors to engage Dwarves, and the snipers do their thing. There should be enough Repulsors to engage Q9. When the AE drop, fall back, allowing the Nakita's smoke powder as cover. The can also force the Dwarves to engage, risking a . Isamu's Vanish could help him engage an AE and kill them. Otonashi 's Tricky Speed could propel her to a glyph, or to engage with Q9. Oh, and pray.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 8th, 2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Theese boots are made for kickin', and that's just what they'll do...
Old December 26th, 2011, 08:21 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Snipersx2//200
Repulsorsx4//360
Nakitas//480
Isamu//490
Otonashi//500
24 spaces
OK, how about the no-brainer, non-Repulsor counter:

Quasatch Hunters x ....uh...3 300
Black Wyrmling x6 480
Marcu Esenwein 500 / 13

Well, I'm not sure that this would work, but ideally Marcu would engage the Snipers early, rendering the Repulsors useless to whichever Snipers he locks down. Marcu wouldn't last long, but the idea is to give the Quasatch some time to take out the Repulsors.

The Wyrmlings are there, obviously, to try taking out the Nakitas and Snipers before my monkeys are gunned down. I might try this one with a buddy on game night.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old December 26th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Snipersx2//200
Repulsorsx4//360
Nakitas//480
Isamu//490
Otonashi//500
24 spaces

Black Wyrmling x6 480
Marcu Esenwein 500 / 13

Well, I'm not sure that this would work, but ideally Marcu would engage the Snipers early, rendering the Repulsors useless to whichever Snipers he locks down. Marcu wouldn't last long, but the idea is to give the Quasatch some time to take out the Repulsors.

The Wyrmlings are there, obviously, to try taking out the Nakitas and Snipers before my monkeys are gunned down. I might try this one with a buddy on game night.
It lives on!

Nice idea nate! Your army might not win, but Sasquatch's minions can pose a real threat to my build.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Black Wyrmling x6 480
Marcu Esenwein 500 / 13
Marrden Hounds x2 (180)
Marrden Nagrubs x3 (270)
Tor-Kul-Na (490/23)

The Hounds are immune to the Black Wyrmlings' special, and their Plague can really hurt expensive squads like the Quasatch. Once your army disperses to avoid the Hounds, Tor-Kul-Na and his snacks can move in without getting swarmed, Trample Stomping anyone who gets in the way.
Old December 28th, 2011, 02:33 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:

Black Wyrmling x6 480
Marcu Esenwein 500 / 13
Marrden Hounds x2 (180)
Marrden Nagrubs x3 (270)
Tor-Kul-Na (490/23)

The Hounds are immune to the Black Wyrmlings' special, and their Plague can really hurt expensive squads like the Quasatch. Once your army disperses to avoid the Hounds, Tor-Kul-Na and his snacks can move in without getting swarmed, Trample Stomping anyone who gets in the way.
120 Krug
300 Harq x 5
80 Raelin
500 23 hexes

Harq's supported by Raelin shoot the Hounds and Grubs. Krug cleans up.
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:21 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marro Stingers x5 300
Deathwalker 8k 430
Zetacron 490
Isamu 500 points/ 19 hexes

Zetacron snipes raelin and then 8k starts destroying Harqs by the dozen. If a Harq gets a lucky shot or krug gets him and kills 8k the Stingers will have no trouble killing krug and the remaining Harqs. Isamu is just filler.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion