Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 14th, 2009, 01:33 AM

kafkaesque is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Tor-Kul-Na

Stompy usually stays alive long enough to go through about half the ranged units, though. 6 life 5 defense can't be taken down in 1 round. He gets worse with Nagrubs. I don't fear ranged squads much, unless I have to charge some 4th or 10th.
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:07 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I hate Tor-Kul-Na... He Trample Stomped all of my romans in one turn and then one shotted Marcus.

I say he is overpowered.
Getting 4 Trample Stomp in a row is unlikely but not terribly (17.9% chance.) I've played him a lot and he usually just gets one or two at a time (and sometimes none!) although it is pretty sweet when he goes on the ramage. I love using trample stomp to take out Isamu because it's one of the few ways to reliably kill that pesky ninja.

The one-shotting of Marcus is something you probably won't see again in a long time (.46% chance, or about 1 in 200).

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:03 PM

celtic warrior is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I played last night with TKN against DIVIDERS . They can sure stop trample stomp.
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:17 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic warrior View Post
I played last night with TKN against DIVIDERS . They can sure stop trample stomp.
How so? Cell Divide only triggers when receiving wounds from a Normal or Special Attack, not a special power like Trample Stomp.
Quote:
Cell Divide: When a Marro Divider you control receives one or more wounds from a Normal or Special Attack by an opponent's figure, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 17 or higher, ignore any wounds that figure just received and, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Marro Dividers on a same-level space adjacent to the defending Marro Divider.
Dividers are just as susceptible to Trample Stomp as any other squad.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
How so? Cell Divide only triggers when receiving wounds from a Normal or Special Attack, not a special power like Trample Stomp.
Quote:
Cell Divide: When a Marro Divider you control receives one or more wounds from a Normal or Special Attack by an opponent's figure, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 17 or higher, ignore any wounds that figure just received and, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Marro Dividers on a same-level space adjacent to the defending Marro Divider.
Dividers are just as susceptible to Trample Stomp as any other squad.
Actually, he is correct. Technically you didn't destroy the figure if the enemy rolled 17+, because the wound was ignored. if you don't destroy the figure, movement ends, so you are done with trample stomp.
What R˙chean is saying is that Dividers don't even get the chance to roll a 17+. The power is only triggered by wounds from normal or special attacks, which isn't the case with Trample Stomp.
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I didn't realise it was different than a special attack.Thanks for pointing it out. Now I have to get a rematch!!
If an ability doesn't say Special Attack, it isn't one.
Old February 15th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Looking for a ka-tet

Sonlen4MVP is surprisingly tart

I have a question regarding this guy and the only reason I ask is because I dont want to cheat my buddy I play with on the weekends. When using his special the part I get confused about is the same level situation. For example, if he starts on lvl 1, moves up to lvl 2 using 2 movement and is adjacent at that point and same level as a small or medium enemy, I assume he can then trample stomp? Then use his third movement to move into that spot and continue up another level? I am just wondering if he starts on lvl 1 can he only trample people on lvl 1? or can he move up a lvl , achieve the same lvl as an opponent, trample and continue his movement? I apologize if this has been asked before, I just hate cheating.

Great Trades : EyeOfSauron, Ryougabot, Draconious x 2, Daddyscaper, Wytefang, Huggable Zombie, Comicgash, jordy40, thestaton, SuperflyTNT and Unicornbrownies.
Old February 15th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

TKN can move up and down levels while in the middle of Trample Stomp, but the key to this ability is that he must be on a space where he can legally stop when you roll the d20 to try to put a wound on a fig.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 15th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Looking for a ka-tet

Sonlen4MVP is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
TKN can move up and down levels while in the middle of Trample Stomp, but the key to this ability is that he must be on a space where he can legally stop when you roll the d20 to try to put a wound on a fig.
Thank you for the quick response. +rep

Great Trades : EyeOfSauron, Ryougabot, Draconious x 2, Daddyscaper, Wytefang, Huggable Zombie, Comicgash, jordy40, thestaton, SuperflyTNT and Unicornbrownies.
Old February 20th, 2010, 07:58 AM

mr.potato is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

does tor-kul-na still get to attack after wounding (and not killing) a hero with trample?

Eh sir, I don't think killing jezus is very christian
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.potato View Post
does tor-kul-na still get to attack after wounding (and not killing) a hero with trample?
Yeah, Tor-Kul-Na (and his Nagrubs too) can still attack, it's just that he has to stop his movement when he fails to kill a figure.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:04 PM

Utgars Servant Woo who?

TKN has not only the best stats in the SotM but he also has arguably the best special power. The only thing is, it is hard to fit 220 in your budget for tournement games.

Acts 16:31
And they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved,..."

PM me if you want to know more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units