Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old April 9th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

You can add me to this list. My 4 year old son loves Marvel (I might have had some influence) and I decided to try Marvelscape with him after seeing it on sale at Walmart for 10 dollars. Immediately after playing it with my son and broter-in-law, I considered the possibility of user created characters since I had many Heroclix I was no longer using. A simple search on the web and I found this site. I haven't looked back since. The community is great and I love all the Marvel customs.
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:52 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plordigian View Post
I got into the game through Marvelscape and the prospect of combining the superheroes with the other armies and heroes, but IMHO the regular Heroscape is more enjoyable and addictive.
So count me in, but I'm a convert, defector, whatever.
Sorry, dunno how I missed this post - consider yourself added to the list anyway, since the goal of this list is to try and get an idea of how many people Marvel brought to the game, regardless of whether they stayed with the Marvel version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
You can add me to this list. My 4 year old son loves Marvel (I might have had some influence) and I decided to try Marvelscape with him after seeing it on sale at Walmart for 10 dollars. Immediately after playing it with my son and broter-in-law, I considered the possibility of user created characters since I had many Heroclix I was no longer using. A simple search on the web and I found this site. I haven't looked back since. The community is great and I love all the Marvel customs.
Welcome to the site and the list, Balantai! Good find on the Marvel set - my friend Charley is in a similar situation as yourself, in that Marvelscape has given his old unused Heroclix a new lease on life.
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:09 AM

ellak96 knows what's in an order marker ellak96 knows what's in an order marker

I Did As well when i was 10
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:56 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellak96 View Post
I Did As well when i was 10
Okay, one more for the list!
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Nikmis Woo who?

I started with Marvel about two months ago, to get my kids in to miniature gaming. I had seen the HS master sets in the stores years ago, and had been somewhat intersted but was actually put off by the marro.

Now within 3 months after buying the marvel expansion (x4 at $15 clearance); I have also bought just about all of the other HS items, I just need 1 flag bearer and the gencon exclusives to have a complete set.

-Nikmis
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM

Welcome to the site, Nikmis, and thanks for sharing your story. Marvelscape reels in another one!

Incidentally, you may want to check out the site's trade thread to fill in those gaps in your collection. Good luck!
Old June 11th, 2009, 04:14 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hi Sherm!

I finally made it here to the Marvelscape Section of the site, and here's one of my best HS Buds with a thread! So this is what I have to say. Although you know what I have to say already, Sherm, the rest of our crowd may not...

While I didn't start out with Marvelscape, I like it and keep hoping for Set #2. In the meantime, we generally play Marvel aka Superheroes seperate from Classic. We use many of Sherm's custom DC figures, (take a look if you haven't already--the man works in a comic book store, y'know), and I've made up a few of my own too.

I am surprised that some folk like Marvel and not Classic, since who else do Superheroes fight but the kind of monsters, etc. that are already included in Classic?

I am a 'Casual' rather than a 'Tournament' Player. But really what I am is an 'Adventure Player!' What I mean by that is that a like a novelistic story line in my games.

Example: A superhero or two plus some Custom uprated human adventurers, plus some Classic figures like James Murphy-- the Indiana Jones of Heroscape--go into the swamp to find the Object of Power in the abandoned factory guarded by a Supervillain or two and lots of horror/monster type Classics.

Part of the reason we come up with more DCs (while waiting for a resolution to the current dearth of Marvelscape figures) is so we can create this kind of adventure, which I see as the ultimate goal of Scaping! So yes, my own Custom B.P.R.D. team uses several Heroclix US Army figures along with the primary heroes! I have a Sergeant, Squad, and Medic. And who has wilder powers than Johan Kraus? Now that wikipedia has such full 'bio' files on all the supers, you can do all your research there, too. So I've recently gone from the three original Legion of Super Hero Legionnaires to all 15 or so, before the Heroclix figures become hard to find. And how cool is that Dr. Mid Nite figure, and his bio? They sell lots of cheap figures at the wargaming con fleamarkets I attend anyhow...besides Heroclix additions, I also started with old Mage Knight figures, which also transform easily into HS.

ITS ALL GOOD! Back when I was a kid, many years ago now, I would have killed for these toys. Now try and stop me!!!
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:06 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

I've been reading this site for a few months. My friend in America told me about Heroscape. At first I didn't believe him, but then my wife bought me the Marvel set for Valentine's Day. Now I'm hooked! We play every week!
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
I've been reading this site for a few months. My friend in America told me about Heroscape. At first I didn't believe him, but then my wife bought me the Marvel set for Valentine's Day. Now I'm hooked! We play every week!
Welcome to the site, Jdet - consider yourself added to the list of Heroscape addicts who got pulled in by Spidey's web!

Incidentally, what was it about Heroscape that you didn't believe? That it existed? Or did you not believe your friend about how good it is?
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:45 AM

Thanks! I was playing heroclix at the time (the same friend introduced me to it) and had been enjoying it. I didn't believe that heroscape was all that my friend made it out to be. Fortunately I mistaken!
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:31 AM

Well, if you're a Heroclix convert, all your figures can be put to good use if you check out the Marvelscape customs section of this site. If there's a Heroclix figure out there, chances are someone's made a Heroscape card for it.
Old June 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM

Thanks! My question (this may be answered on another part of the site so I apologize if it has) is where do you get the bases for the customs? Do you just keep them on the clix bases?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion