Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:58 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Scytale's customs - Wildfire Embers highlighted (3/21/16

I love this custom. I remember when you first released it. As I read Wildfire, a player who move 6 must still use those 6, and not a different set of 6, to attack. Is that correct?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:03 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I love this custom. I remember when you first released it. As I read Wildfire, a player who move 6 must still use those 6, and not a different set of 6, to attack. Is that correct?
Yes, that's the intent at least.

Six attacks is a lot, but they're weak attacks, and these guys die really fast. Either way it's over quickly.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:16 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It totally delivers. Did they participate in the Scytaleverse tournament that happened a while back? How'd they do? I imagine that you don't really need to pair them with anything, but if you did, you might take some long-range bomber like Syvarris or the Krav, just to pick off strays and force a shy or turtled opponent to move a little.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:18 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It totally delivers. Did they participate in the Scytaleverse tournament that happened a while back? How'd they do?
Scytale himself ran them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Armies:
Spoiler Alert!
He only used that army once and IS crushed it pretty badly with the Ice Devil Warfiends.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 01:47 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
He only used that army once and IS crushed it pretty badly with the Ice Devil Warfiends.
Yeah, the Ice Devils are a pretty bad matchup for them. Might have been ok but his defense rolls brushed off everything I threw at them.

When I was developing the custom for the contest I did a lot of playtesting. I was shocked at how well they did against many different types of armies. Amazingly, they are able to throw down with the likes of the 4th and 10th, and they're nasty against low-figure range squads. The Wildfire's ability to assault a starting zone is just nuts, and screens are simply ignored. For a while I gave them one Defense, but that was surprisingly too good.

Really weird to play. It honestly doesn't feel like individual units.
Old March 28th, 2016, 04:18 PM

Re: Scytale's customs - Aurora highlighted (3/28/16)

unit highlight 3/28/16

I wanted to cap off my last release with something light and whimsical but still fitting in Heroscape. And Heroscape was lacking a unicorn. So Aurora was born.

There are a few directions one could take a unicorn design. I decided to go the filler route and do something simple and cheap. Being a horse (or rather, horse-like creature), some version of Carry seemed appropriate, but this design had to be distinct from Theracus in some way (and not just a cheaper non-flying version). So I went the opposite route.

While Theracus is designed to carry a figure into a good position, I wanted Aurora to carry a figure out of a bad position. Seemed like a unicorn-ish thing to do. To do that, getting to the figure to Carry had to be free or nearly so. Tapping into unicorn lore I came up with Mystic Call.

Not an especially great figure, but at the very least it's a 3/3 hero that can appear on the front lines when needed. If things go your way, Aurora can pull an Alastair or Raelin out of an enemy crowd in the nick of time.

Unicorn (D&D Archfiends)

Old March 28th, 2016, 04:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Very neat Idea for the unicorn. There was a bit of discussion awhile back on a unicorn custom but I think your more simple approach does it more justice. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 30th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Terrific custom, Scy. Ever given thought to submitting it for SoV consideration?

Old March 30th, 2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Terrific custom, Scy. Ever given thought to submitting it for SoV consideration?

Thanks! It's always an honor for someone to suggest SoV-worthiness.

I've never submitted anything to the SoV, actually, nor seriously considered doing so. Not sure how the SoV would take to a niche unit like this. Availability of the figure is really bad anyway.
Old March 30th, 2016, 03:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I imagine there are other Unicorn figures out there should someone want to proxy. Or you could just turn a regular horse into a unicorn without much effort. That card certainly has a nice theme to it and fits a unique role when army building. I think I'd want to add it to any army with a healer, then rescue my injured warriors and heal them back up before sending them back out for round two.
Old March 30th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I know the Legendary Encounters line has a Unicorn, and that's still in production. Just a thought
Old April 1st, 2016, 04:07 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like where you went on Aurora @Scytale . I did a unicorn custom myself thought it is a little more offensive oriented.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards