Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 10th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Jormi and AgentMinivan, have any tips or suggestions for playing Carvin' Marvin or the Zombies scenario?

I think the NorCal tournament June 17 will use the Zombies scenario.

Thanks.
Old June 10th, 2006, 08:19 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Could some people clarify some rules with this scenario?
It's being discussed ion the NorCal GameDay thread, and I think I was wondering if the movement of 8... and they get TWO MOVES each round, is that correct? Seems like a lot of movement for zombies, even if it is random.

And would they get two attacks?
And how do they decide which they attack if they are adjacent to multiple targets? (maybe that last one was answered in the scenario - I forget right now)
Old June 10th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
I personally have to say this is one of my personal fav scenario

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old June 11th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Hex:
It's all explained pretty well in the scenario. I can't say that I really have any tips besides follow the scenario. Maybe play it a few times with your regular group and see if you have any nitpicks with it.

Or are you asking for tips on how to play the scenario from a player's perspective? If that is the case, it's pretty much heads up strategy. Your basic strategic considerations hold true. The zombies move randomly until engaged, so steer clear as much as possible. Carvin Marvin, I think the best advice is based on the tip on outrunning a bear. You don't have to be the fastest one, just faster than the slowest one. Don't get caught being closest to Marvin at the end of a round, and you should be OK.

Reaper:
I don't remember off the top of my head, but I believe the 2nd move is if the zombies do not become engaged in the first move. It is in the scenario, but I don't have it handy.
Old June 11th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Could some people clarify some rules with this scenario?
It's being discussed ion the NorCal GameDay thread, and I think I was wondering if the movement of 8... and they get TWO MOVES each round, is that correct? Seems like a lot of movement for zombies, even if it is random.

And would they get two attacks?
And how do they decide which they attack if they are adjacent to multiple targets? (maybe that last one was answered in the scenario - I forget right now)
From what I read, a zombie does indeed move twice, but of course in random directions and only if it does not get engaged.
And a zombie has a Shaolin Assualt of sorts, allowing it to attack all adjacent figures.
Though I think Satyr is trimming this condition somewhat.
Old June 12th, 2006, 11:42 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, that is all correct.

They move up to 8 in one random direction. If they run into a cliff higher than them, water, the edge of the map or become engaged they stop. If they do not become engaged on the first move, they then move 8 in a random direction again.

I have to say that that seems like a lot of movement, but they very rarely move a full 16. They start on sand in the middle with lots of water, so it is mostly ambling about in a small area.

I think the scenarios are a lot of fun, and probably more fun with more people, but they are not real strategic with the major randomness of the zombies. A lot of bad things can happen that are out of your control.
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:04 PM

tensider has disabled reputation
(Dr. Orpheus)BEHOLD my thread necromancy. RISE!(/Dr. Orpheus)

I can't find a clickable link to the scenarios in the first post. Can anyone assist witht the right link?
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensider
(Dr. Orpheus)BEHOLD my thread necromancy. RISE!(/Dr. Orpheus)

I can't find a clickable link to the scenarios in the first post. Can anyone assist witht the right link?
I'm in the same boat. Must be a Mac thing.
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmmm it appears the link disappeared...

Give a second...and I will repost.
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Its up there now.
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:33 PM

tensider has disabled reputation
You rock, Cloaked Spirit of the Dead
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Meat Grinder - 1MS - KOTDT 100th Issue Scenario

Necro.

Awesome scenario. We actually made a larger map/version of the Carvin Marvin Scenario. The link is broken, not sure if it can be fixed at this point.

I have the copy KoDT(I am a gamer nerd), so maybe I will try to get a scan I can post.

I never tried the Zombie scenario but it sounds like a blast. I really need to make this map again. I wonder who would make a good choice in C3G to take Thorgrim's place as the original wielder of Carvin Marvin? hmmmm

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios