Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:09 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

I talked to Troy, and he sounds interested. Haven't gotten a hold of Eric yet.

Regarding format, since I haven't played in a while, I'd prefer to avoid any custom figures. Or, maybe I should say that I'm somewhat less likely to come if we expect a lot of customs involved...

Check out my music at http://soundcloud.com/davidlc
Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:58 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Any thoughts on Maps?... I thought it might be kinda of fun doing a couple of the 1x BFtU Challenge maps, or maybe something like Typhon2222's Shangri-la or Ice Thistle or maybe Lethe's Lament. I'm not sure how tounament worthy they are, but it is something different.

Format? I dunno. Maybe something involving smaller size armies?

Again, for something different, how about a "Unique squads or Unique Heroes only" army?

What say you? Just throwing ideas out there.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.

Last edited by kpucblek; January 23rd, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:18 AM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Bad news. Springs crew can't make it up. We're looking at another 2 weeks or so of bad scheduling for now. We should be looking at better luck after that. Sorry guys. I really can't express how much we want to get up there.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:37 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Any thoughts on Maps?... I thought it might be kinda of fun doing a couple of the 1x BFtU Challenge maps, or maybe something like Typhon2222's Shangri-la or Ice Thistle or maybe Lethe's Lament. I'm not sure how tounament worthy they are, but it is something different.

Again, for something different, how about a "Unique squads or Unique Heroes only" army?

Oh wowzers. Whether it works out or not, thanks for even thinking of us. The contest yielded some great maps, and I know the guys involved would be delighted if they knew their work was reaching an audience.

(Monday is the last day to vote in the semi-finals, by the way, if you haven't already. Link in sig. All invited.)

Last edited by Typhon2222; January 23rd, 2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: voting plug.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:

Those maps look cool to me! I'd also be interested in an all Castle Map tournament, too-- I think that would force people to bring some unique army combinations.

We could also do an all melee tournament. Or, how 'bout this: every army has to include either Dund or Agent Carr...

Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
I talked to Troy, and he sounds interested. Haven't gotten a hold of Eric yet.
Sounds good. It's just a hop, skip, and jump for Troy, right?

Quote:
Regarding format, since I haven't played in a while, I'd prefer to avoid any custom figures. Or, maybe I should say that I'm somewhat less likely to come if we expect a lot of customs involved...
Booo....

Well, everyone voice your opinions on C3V/SoV. Elginb, your opinion will be respected if you actually commit to coming to a no-custom event.

Quote:
I like some of those 1xBftU maps, yeah. Sounds like fun. We'll get into the nitty-gritty when the contest ends.

Quote:
Those maps look cool to me! I'd also be interested in an all Castle Map tournament, too-- I think that would force people to bring some unique army combinations.
I always like a little balance in the map choices... I can look at finishing the castle map I've had in mothballs for a while, though.

Quote:

Either of those would be fine with me. I just played a unique/uncommon format in online play.

We've never done a (power rank)-or-less format; that could be fun, too. A- or less? B or less? C+ or less??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSnap View Post
Bad news. Springs crew can't make it up. We're looking at another 2 weeks or so of bad scheduling for now. We should be looking at better luck after that. Sorry guys. I really can't express how much we want to get up there.
Sorry to hear it. Next time...
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:37 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

That power ranked game type sure sounds fun. Where is the list of power rankings again?

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:20 PM

I don't like limits via Power Rank-- if we pick an unusual format (like all castle maps), that will bring out the unusual figures...

Oh, how about this-- instead of of an all-melee game, how about an all ranged game? You wouldn't be able to bring traditional blocking units like rats or what-not, so you'd have to get creative...

Last edited by Elginb; January 23rd, 2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: And no Raelin, either...
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:28 PM

As for customs, I might not be against them if this wasn't the first time I've played in months. If we picked a few customs that I could thoroughly study before we meet, that would be okay... it would be best for me if we decided which ones, now. Maybe SoV only?

Also, I love super heroes, so I'd be more open to C3G customs just for geeking out purposes...

Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM

Okay, I'll commit to coming to this tournament. It's a new year and last year turned out to be a bad year for Heroscape for me-- time to recommit to the game...

Last edited by Elginb; January 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: I'm hoping my Chess tournament play will translate over to Heroscape somewhat...
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Okay, I'll commit to coming to this tournament. It's a new year and last year turned out to be a bad year for Heroscape for me-- time to recommit to the game...
Excellent!

SoV only? What say ye, peoples?

Any thoughts on point totals? I am actually itching for a big number, but I can go low, too. Someone else decide this.

Two maps for your consideration:

Old January 24th, 2012, 02:59 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
That power ranked game type sure sounds fun. Where is the list of power rankings again?
Here ya go GeneralRolando... Power Rankings

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events