Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old August 31st, 2006, 01:20 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
My buddies and I used this tool back on HQ. The way we got around any imbalances was by switching teams and playing multiple games. If it's a 2 player game, you each play both generated teams and add up the points to see who wins. Got a three player game? Play three rounds with each person playing each team once.

Unfortunately, this gets to be a long process after about 4 players -- especially if you use high draft points. But the cool thing is that it really does tend to highlight the best player over a series of games.

It's one thing to play a team that you hand-selected. It's an entirely different (and more rewarding) experience to see if you can adjust your strategy to meet the capability of your army better than your opponent can.

Big kudos for the tool. Sorry I hadn't mentioned it before, because my game group has been using it all along.
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:50 PM

AnakinOU has disabled reputation
It seems like the "set commons to 3" option isn't completely accurate. Gladiatrons, Blastatrons, Deathreaver, etc. still stay at "1."

Regardless, this thing is way cool. Good job!
Old September 1st, 2006, 01:13 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs42

It's one thing to play a team that you hand-selected. It's an entirely different (and more rewarding) experience to see if you can adjust your strategy to meet the capability of your army better than your opponent can.

Big kudos for the tool. Sorry I hadn't mentioned it before, because my game group has been using it all along.
My thoughts exactly, my group has used it for about 90% of the games we've played. I love random.
Old September 1st, 2006, 04:00 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
BTW, the most time-consuming part of updating the draft data is searching through all the existing figures and noting any synergy bonuses (bondings, enhancements, etc.). If someone knows of a list or tool that contains these bonuses, please point me to it.

First off Billy, you did a great job on the Draft Wizard and it is great to see it still being updated! As for your question/request above try this thread. Teekay has kept the list updated, and hopefully will in the future.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM

Billy Baroo has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
BTW, the most time-consuming part of updating the draft data is searching through all the existing figures and noting any synergy bonuses (bondings, enhancements, etc.). If someone knows of a list or tool that contains these bonuses, please point me to it.

First off Billy, you did a great job on the Draft Wizard and it is great to see it still being updated! As for your question/request above try this thread. Teekay has kept the list updated, and hopefully will in the future.
Sweet! I'll have to double-check my current bonuses to Teekay's list.

I just fixed the bug where not all commons were being set to 3 when the button was clicked.

-Billy
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
also, is there any downloadable version in case you are without internet?
The wizard is sourced in HTML and Javascript. You could use it offline by downloading each page of the wizard along with the frameset file (http://mail.magnaspeed.net/~seyer/hsdraft.htm) and the data file containing the unit info (http://mail.magnaspeed.net/~seyer/draftdata.htm).
Old September 5th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Added Sir Hawthorne to the wizard.
Old September 5th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Lilian has disabled reputation
yes thanks
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:42 PM

Shepherd has disabled reputation
not all uniques are unique

The newest Unique units are set as 'Unique' instead of 'unique' so I've been getting teams with multiple Q9's or multiple Spartacus's

Talk about expensive!

(all you'll need to do is do a search/replace Replace Unique with unique and it should work great again)
thanks!
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:57 PM

Startoker has disabled reputation
Does anybody know how or if I can download this?
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:33 PM

Shepherd has disabled reputation
Download the Tart Draft Wizard

You can try.

You need each html page.
hsdraft.htm
hs0.htm
hs1.htm
hs2.htm
hs3.htm
hs4.htm

draftdata.htm

hsdraft.htm can be gotten by using View Source on the View Menu. Then Save it into a directory.
hsX.htm can each be gotten by right clicking on the appropriate area and selecting 'view source' then saving into that same directory.
draftdata.htm is the trickiest one of the lot. I have a button that says 'edit with Microsoft Word.' When I click that, it loads the frameset into Word then you can use a view source command to get draftdata.htm.
To use the wizard, load hsdraft.htm into your browser (double click it). You'll probably get a warning about it being unsafe. From what I can tell, it's safe. Then you're good to go.

Two Caveats:
1. Be sure to change all instances of 'Unique' into 'unique' in draftdata.htm to get the uniques to work right. It is only an issue if you own multiple copies of the later uniques.
2. Another solution is to print out a handful of armies. I know all the units in my play group so I will go and print out a couple each of 1000pt teams, 500 pt, 400 pt, 300pt, etc. That way I don't even need the computer when I've finished setting up the board and am ready to play.

hope this helps!

Shepherd failed to tend the flock as Thorgrim...
in the INDIGO CAVE
Old October 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM

Re: not all uniques are unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd
The newest Unique units are set as 'Unique' instead of 'unique' so I've been getting teams with multiple Q9's or multiple Spartacus's

Talk about expensive!

(all you'll need to do is do a search/replace Replace Unique with unique and it should work great again)
thanks!
Fixed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software