Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old December 9th, 2020, 10:17 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

It was hard to relive my pain with that match but thanks for the commentary!

I felt with his army and this map that I needed to rush in ASAP. Maybe potshots from DW8K would have worked better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 10th, 2020, 01:31 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
While feeling around in the instructional video area, I've also put together a much shorter Online 'Scape intro video, meant to be bare bones to get you from posting/signing up for a game to playing as quickly as possible. It also has guidelines for Discord tourneys. I don't love that this "quick start" version still ended up more than 10 minutes, but even after some aggressive editing couldn't find anything more I felt should be cut.

https://youtu.be/h5k_xpp6gfk
Great video, thanks for the intro to the interface!
Old December 12th, 2020, 01:11 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It was hard to relive my pain with that match but thanks for the commentary!

I felt with his army and this map that I needed to rush in ASAP. Maybe potshots from DW8K would have worked better.
Yeah, I think either way it's an uphill fight into that army, and I do think you needed to take a gamble to get ahead. It's easy for me to say that DW8K would have been better when casting and seeing it deal 4 wounds in a turn, but that's coming more down into the timing of when the swings hit your favor. Overall I think your strategy in going for the swing was very sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
While feeling around in the instructional video area, I've also put together a much shorter Online 'Scape intro video, meant to be bare bones to get you from posting/signing up for a game to playing as quickly as possible. It also has guidelines for Discord tourneys. I don't love that this "quick start" version still ended up more than 10 minutes, but even after some aggressive editing couldn't find anything more I felt should be cut.

https://youtu.be/h5k_xpp6gfk
Great video, thanks for the intro to the interface!
You're welcome! I hope it helps!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 16th, 2020, 09:04 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We're in with the quarterfinals from the Online Con Championship! @XThorSavageX takes on @dok in this round, with a super interesting matchup of allll the Samurai on Thor's side fighting Dwarves, Wyrmlings, and, yes, Raelin on dok's side! Joining to help is none other than @superfrog himself, and we have a great conversation watching the great gameplay in this video!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 23rd, 2020, 09:45 AM

That awkward moment when you can't do math and say in a video that it will be releasing shortly after the holiday season only to have it release when the holiday season is in full swing... As will be discussed in a future video, measuring time and space are two of my biggest weaknesses.

We're at the (kinda) finals of the Online Con Heroes Only tournament! (I talk about why they're the kinda finals in the video but will refrain from spoiling it here.) @coachmuskie and @dok have fought hard to make it to the end of this tournament and now have a battle for the ages! Will coachmuskie's punchy heroes prevail, or will dok's squaddy heroes take the day? Joining me for the game is YouTuber extraordinaire @TalesOfValhallaOfficial , and we have a great time discussing strategy, gameplay, decision-making, and how the holiday season already happened! (...oof)

Next week will showcase the final video from Online Con!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by Dysole; December 26th, 2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old December 30th, 2020, 12:05 PM

The finale is finally here, and boy am I excited to get this treat out for you all! @dok and @Dysole , two incredible Heroscape players, fought hard and met in the finals for the Online Con Championship tournament. (They also met during day one, making this both a finals and a rematch!) And for this final game, I was able to get both of them to come in and cast their own game, giving us insight directly into what was going through their minds during the action! We discuss gameplay, decision making, and more in this Online Con finale!

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 30th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This series is my new obsession. Just started binging it.

I love the quality of commentary each episode provides, so the doubling up here, plus the commentators being the players themselves made this one a real treat.

Of course, it's also extremely fun to listen to outsiders speculate on what's going on in the minds and on the board of other players' matches.
Which brings me to another thing that's great about watching these videos, the creative formats! All the ways you all switch things up, like Insanity.

I think I might try that format with C3G figures on Sewer Entrance.
C3G has completely captured my attention for the past year, so watching this has got me geared up to play Classic again for the first time in forever.
Only negative is that it makes me want to fill the many gaps in my collection, which isn't like the days of Heroscape flooding the endcaps in stores.
Still, I'm learning about all these Classic characters I never got around to learning, so it's like being back in that time.
I also hope to see a Dund or Sudema episode, because I want those two to have their time to shine.
The only thing I might suggest would require extra work in post, but, perhaps the chatbox could be made larger for Youtube?
Get rid of the black areas at the top and bottom, fill the screen with the map and casualty/wound margin, and only display the handful of most recent lines of the chatbox along the bottom corner of the screen? Made an example using the same screen ratio, but with those adjustments made.

Not sure how applicable that is to every gaming session, and not a criticism, but just a thought. Like I said, very into this channel.

Anyway, that was a fun exciting match. Texas Johnson's shotgun kept everyone on edge, and I enjoyed how the Dwarf's height was used tactically along the high side of the bridge wall.

Also, any interest in doing episodes of C3G matches?
Old December 31st, 2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
This series is my new obsession. Just started binging it.

I love the quality of commentary each episode provides, so the doubling up here, plus the commentators being the players themselves made this one a real treat.

Of course, it's also extremely fun to listen to outsiders speculate on what's going on in the minds and on the board of other players' matches.
Which brings me to another thing that's great about watching these videos, the creative formats! All the ways you all switch things up, like Insanity.

I think I might try that format with C3G figures on Sewer Entrance.
C3G has completely captured my attention for the past year, so watching this has got me geared up to play Classic again for the first time in forever.
Only negative is that it makes me want to fill the many gaps in my collection, which isn't like the days of Heroscape flooding the endcaps in stores.
Still, I'm learning about all these Classic characters I never got around to learning, so it's like being back in that time.
I also hope to see a Dund or Sudema episode, because I want those two to have their time to shine.
The only thing I might suggest would require extra work in post, but, perhaps the chatbox could be made larger for Youtube?
Get rid of the black areas at the top and bottom, fill the screen with the map and casualty/wound margin, and only display the handful of most recent lines of the chatbox along the bottom corner of the screen? Made an example using the same screen ratio, but with those adjustments made.

Not sure how applicable that is to every gaming session, and not a criticism, but just a thought. Like I said, very into this channel.

Anyway, that was a fun exciting match. Texas Johnson's shotgun kept everyone on edge, and I enjoyed how the Dwarf's height was used tactically along the high side of the bridge wall.

Also, any interest in doing episodes of C3G matches?
Thank you so much for the kind words! That really means a lot!

That's a very good suggestion for the chat box. I'm not 100% how easy it would be to implement through editing after the recording, but last night I did a recording and changed the screen capture setup to get the box to be bigger. It will also be the next video I post, so you'll have to let me know how much of an improvement it is.

I think C3G is awesome, but I'm also very much an outsider looking in when it comes to that group of figures and cards. I've actually thought about it before and would definitely jump on an opportunity to record a C3G game if it came up, I just would have to make sure that the co-caster for the game knew a lot about the figures going in so that we both weren't total newbies to all the figures on the board.

10 Points Under Videos

Old January 2nd, 2021, 07:50 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome! Glad it was helpful, looking forward to the next episode!
As far as players/co-casters go, users who have been in 10 Points Under and are involved in C3G are @quozl , @Dysole and @dok .
And I know there's demand for @Arkham to talk C3G, having had a bit of experience with it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Arkham did a one shot podcast.
Would love to have him do more.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 08:24 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'd need something to talk about and someone(s) to talk with, but theoretically I'd be open to it.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 08:33 AM
Casing the Corners

Wonderful! The format of 10 Points Under is BiggaBullfrog and the co-caster talk about the armies and match as it unfolds in Online Heroscape.
If you haven't caught an episode yet, they're all here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2m...65oE7jQ/videos
Old January 2nd, 2021, 11:40 AM

Oh cool, I forget just how many people are also in the C3G circle sometimes. I'd love to set up a recording of a game at some point to get the ball rolling. If there's a place where online games for C3G and people tag/pm me I'll definitely swing by to catch the game. (Also, if there's a place better for me to post about it let me know, all I really am familiar with in the C3G subforum are the books.)

Also, what's the name of that podcast? I would love to give it a listen!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports