Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V and SoV Books of Index

Yup, there was a little glitch and an early version of Zaeus was accidentally posted to the front page, rather than this correct version.

We'll call him Hatamoto Zaeus now.
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:25 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The card in the book is correct. The card on the home page was a prototype.

You have excellent taste, dalu, good catch.
I am very happy and appeased to read this !
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've done one book! Who will do the next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:37 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I've done one book! Who will do the next?
*cough*Not us*cough*

~LordEsenwienIV subtle is my middle name

Old September 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dad_Scaper is the new Keeper of the Books of C3V and SoV. If you wish to create a book, please contact him (Dad_Scaper)

Old September 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
Dad_Scaper is the new Keeper of the Books of C3V and SoV. If you wish to create a book, please contact him (Dad_Scaper)
You are correct, sir.

I'll also be doing the same sort of maintenance of the books we see from Rev, trying to keep conversation focused on the experience of playing with the unit.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Interestingly, all three units currently linked in the OP begin with the letter Z. The Letter of the Day is "Z."

= =
Old September 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
The card in the book is not the same as the card posted by Thruth in the Home page !!!
I prefer the one in the book.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
The other text seems clear and safe at first, but I fear it is more likely to cause confusion in some circumstances.
Yes, your playtest comments were part of the reason it was changed in the first place.

Minor glitch, all fixed now. Nothing to see here, move along folks, nothing to see here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 2nd, 2011, 03:27 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I am really pumped about the C3V customs. Same goes for SoV. I am really impressed with these army cards--they definitely have the feel of classic 'scape, but they add something new. The figures also look really great.

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put into this so far!

I do have a question though--I thought I read somewhere that C3V and SoV were both given the authority (by someone who had the authority) to officially add figures to the Heroscape canon. Was I wrong? Or was it just SoV? Because I saw the notice on the blog-post about how these are not official figures.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

No one actually is adding anything to the official canon, but many members of this community are willing to accept the C3V and SoV units as tournament-playable. They will never be allowed at any official GenCon tournament, but they are thoroughly tested.

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I would say that we have extremely high standards for what we will allow ourselves to accept.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 07:26 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I am really pumped about the C3V customs. Same goes for SoV. I am really impressed with these army cards--they definitely have the feel of classic 'scape, but they add something new. The figures also look really great.

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put into this so far!

I do have a question though--I thought I read somewhere that C3V and SoV were both given the authority (by someone who had the authority) to officially add figures to the Heroscape canon. Was I wrong? Or was it just SoV? Because I saw the notice on the blog-post about how these are not official figures.
We are trying to make sure the SoV/C3V units work well within the Heroscape canon and that they are fully compatible...but its up to your gaming group and/or tournament director if you allow them to be played. There is not official authiority for heroscape. As for GenCon, because mant people come to genCon who do not know what scapers is, it is unwise and unfair to allow them at that large of a Venue.

What I'd like to see though is one event that is a SoV/C3V promotional Tournament at GenCon where its known that SoV/C3V units will be accepted.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 2nd, 2011, 07:58 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

These units are all balanced, like everything that came before, with casual play in mind. The Greater Ice Elemental costs 120 points and will not ever be feared as a tournament powerhouse. Not because he costs too much, but because to get 120 points of value out of him you need the attendant circumstances (map, army, opposing army) to be just right.

When you start talking about competitive environments, it's up to the tournament director. I'm a tournament director, and at my events C3V and SoV are both allowed.

I had the advantage of knowing how awesome the C3V units were, though, when I made that rule.

The Tournament Director's #1 responsibility, in my opinion, is to get people to show up. If people come to his event and have fun, he's succeeded. To my mind, allowing C3V and SoV is a way to keep the hobby breathing and alive for the future, to keep people coming back as they play with new units and new ways they may interact with old ones.

So I allow them.

I'll be interested to see how they are received at events elsewhere, at the events where they are permitted. For now I hope TDs are looking at what we've done and are saying "That looks sharp, let me see what else is in Thormun's Reprieve, and maybe I'll allow it."

But it's their decision and, as I said, I believe their number one priority is to get butts in the seats.

footnote: GenCon is its own animal. I'm glad I don't have to decide anything about GenCon.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs