Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old June 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
2007 Spiel Des Jahres - Zooloretto

Zooloretto
BGG Rating: 7.2/10 (202 ratings)
Ranked 524

Anyone play this? I read the rules when I saw it was nominated and thought it looked fun. I will likely pick up a copy a Gencon.

I really thought Yspahan was going to win, I played that game online a few times and its great, I can't wait to get a physical copy at Gencon.
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:51 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I was thinking of picking up Zooloretto with my kids in mind, but selfishly our limited gaming funds have gone towards BattleLore expansions lately , so that is one still on the wish list.

As is Yspahan, thanks for reminding me about that one. I still haven't even picked up Through the Desert though...

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:01 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
the game is a winner because the polar bear knut, and that germany seenp good a prime tine in the afternoon program with zoo tv.

i have never hear about that game. but animals and zoo.
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I've had my eye on this one for a while to play with the kids too. For now I play Ticket to Ride, Return of the Heroes, and Gulo Gulo with them. If you get it let me know what you think.
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:26 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
return of the heroes is a littel tricky i have the first 2 expansions with metal figures. and must say to hard for fun play you have to read every time the rule book, or missions. return of the heroes could be the new talisman but the game sytem is to "unausgegoren".

there are some expansions.

"Die Gralssuche."(spin off , you search the holy grail, and meet merlin, athur) http://www.pegasus.de/164+M5d1fc42ec7a.html

Helden in der Unterwelt "heroes in the under world" (a stand alone,, but can combinated with the main game and the first expansion) http://www.pegasus.de/164.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=189

schatten des drachen(shadow of the dragon) first expansion http://www.pegasus.de/164.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=22
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:35 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Zooloretto was a good choice for the SdJ. Personally I thought that Pillars of the Earth was a better, deeper game, but perhaps not typical SdJ fayre.

I played Ysphahan once, and thought "meh". There are better dice games out there (Risk Express is fantastic, for example).

I've only recently bought Zooloretto, so have only played it once, but I thought that it was great - a worthy winner. I really like Coloretto - if my entire collection of card games was wiped out, and I had to buy just five games as replacements, my list would go something like "Wizard, Bohnanza, Coloretto, Citadels, A N Other (It's early here, and I can't remember/decide)". Zooloretto is slightly meatier, a lot prettier, and more family friendly. It's only flaw is not including a bag in the game to draw the tiles out from.

Why, if I like it so much, have I only played it once? Well, we play our games on a Wednesday, and the last 3 or 5 Wednesdays I've been playing as much Phoenicia as possible. It's a fantastic game, and is rapidly becoming one of my all-time favourites. It *ought* to win a DSP, or Gamer's Choice award, but we'll wait and see.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old July 13th, 2007, 08:43 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
It's only flaw is not including a bag in the game to draw the tiles out from.
Well, they thought they'd skimp a bit, seeing as how everyone already has the bag from the Carcassone expansions

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:14 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
It's only flaw is not including a bag in the game to draw the tiles out from.
Well, they thought they'd skimp a bit, seeing as how everyone already has the bag from the Carcassone expansions
The bag... nah I use the Tower!

Loved Coloretto will have to check out Zooloretto for the family.
Still play this version of it online:
http://www.marquand.net/index.php?topic=coloretto
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:32 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rbital

Really? I've never heard of anyone using that. How well does that expansion play?
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM

peterm has disabled reputation
I haven't tried that expansion yet, but the tower works well for drawing tiles from.
I got the Carcassonne big box set. No bag in that one.
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rbital

Really? I've never heard of anyone using that. How well does that expansion play?
I don't like using the tower for drawing tiles in Carc. One of the reasons is that the back of my tiles are marked so I can separate them after the games really easily.

The other reasons are that you can see the edge of the tiles so you know which stack has a road, or grass or a town, on one of its edges. Also, it has a tendancey to get knocked over.

The draw-bag is awesome. Long live the draw-bag.

As for the gameplay, it adds a level of "meanness" or "gotcha" to the game, which some people don't like, its kind of like the Princess and the Dragon in that aspect.

On topic; I plan to pick up Zoolereto at Gencon in a month.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games