Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 5th, 2010, 10:28 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What happened to heroscape?

3 underdeveloped Generals definitely establishes a stepping-stone towards to the original characters of Heroscape. Like truth said, for the squads, WOTC is scraping the bottom of the barrel for good cohesive sculpts. Depending on the amount of unreleased sculpts WOTC wishes to release in Heroscape, I honestly believe as long as we continue promoting Heroscape, and buying these D&D scuplts, we will provide WOTC the marketing progress to develop new molds. They've put in their money into the release of DDM's Lords of Madness, which are all original, new molds. Who knows? Maybe WOTC's next major investment will be Heroscape.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:35 PM

.68 knows what's in an order marker .68 knows what's in an order marker

I can personally vouch for the concept of cross marketing the figures.

I picked up a pack of gladiators and agents from clearance at wal-mart to augment another board game. I very nearly threw away the cards.

Smaller bases would have made them even more compatible.
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:38 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

"Maybe WOTC's next major investment will be Heroscape."

I'll drink to that.

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:45 PM

ToyotaGT1 is surprisingly tart

My whole intention was not to start some forum war between members. I think that now I understand both sides of this argument, and that my whole reason for starting this thread was because I was frustrated by the fact that no matter how well something SEEMS to be doing, doesnt translate into mainstream popularity.

I do hope that in the future, WotC will decide to revive a few (if not all) of the older master sets and expansions. I love Heroscape to death, but I just dont think I can convince myself or my wife (cuz she controls the monies), to justify spending upward a $100 on an out of print expansion that I really would love to own.

I think the best advice Ive read during this debate is just to enjoy Heroscape with what I already have and support them with what they are putting out.
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Don't worry about it. We have this same debate once every few months, it's cathartic and we all feel better afterward.

I hope you can make it on November 7!

edit: I have a bookshelf loaded with awesome board games that are not "mainstream" popular. I have (!!!) seen Settlers of Catan at Target, but never Ticket to Ride or Dominion, and those games do not need mainstream popularity to be awesome, and neither does HeroScape. The key is just to enjoy them & have some people who will play them with me.

edit 2: Don't spend $100 on some "rare" stuff from Wave 3, 4 or whatever! There is a ton of great stuff available *now* at online retailers like CoolStuffInc and at FLGS like the Family Fun Game Store you're scheduled to come to on 11/7.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 5th, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old October 5th, 2010, 11:01 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

It is a completely valid point ToyotaGT1, discussing game issues is one reason why we are here. I'll keep my eyes open for the tundra and lava expansions in my rummage sale and flea market scouting trips for ya.

Cheers,

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:59 PM

ToyotaGT1 is surprisingly tart

Hey Delphic, thanks for looking out those for me. Like I said, I just really want them, and if Ebay's the only way to get a hold of them..well someones gonna be making a killing off me. 'Less of course someone on this forum wouldnt mind selling any of them to me?

I actually went to one of my local game stores, and THEY DID carry one expansion pack from the D&D wave 2, which I picked up.

And DaddyScaper, Im working on trying to get up there! I just got a new job working at a security firm (one step closer to becoming a police officer!), but I will put in for the day off now. Also...should I bring anything? Like terrain or figures??
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Check out the updated info, linked in my sig. Besides bringing an army to a tourney - the specs for which are in the thread - you also need dice and order markers, and the cards for all your figs.

If you don't get the day off or can't make it for some other reason let us know in advance, please.

Buying 'Scape when you see it on the shelf = smart idea.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:58 AM

Chrischappel24 Woo who?

Personally my favorite place to buy from is Auggies he seems to have the best deals and cheapest shipping because all the things he sells are opened. It's retarded that wizards doesn't reprint the older stuff very often it pisses me off to but what can you do?

Hope this helps...o and don't feel bad if you had to spend a lot for older expansions
I've spent a total of $250 for 3 TJ and an AA.... that sucked

Last edited by Chrischappel24; October 12th, 2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do a lot of my shopping at miniaturemarket and trollandtoad these days. For Heroclix to convert into customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphic View Post
"Maybe WOTC's next major investment will be Heroscape."

I'll drink to that.

Delphic
With what the resources they've invested into it so far (read: very little) I'd be shocked if this happened. I think it's a bit of a pie in the sky notion, honestly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion