Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 31st, 2017, 08:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
I'm beyond pumped. I wonder if they'll cross 4 mil. Those minis are drop dead gorgeous (even if they only look half as good as I the resins)and seems if you back the Kickstarter you'll get 80+ in total for the 100$ and shipping. That's a lot of paint projects for me to take on lol. I'm so excited.

If you've ever back CMON before they always give the last stretch goal despite not hitting it, but I think we might hit 4 mil.
That's one thing I don't need, is more models to paint

Though I'm sure my buddy that backed this will paint his up, though he's got a backlog minis to paint already
Me neither mate, but When a mini is as beautiful as these it's hard to help myself from adding some more paint.(It might be up to my neck metaphorically now with project's)
Yeah, the minis are sweet! And if I had another use for them, it might be worth backing just for the minis. As far as the game goes, I have at least 2 guys that I know of in my game group that are backing it, so I'll get to play it.

What part of upstate NY are you at? I lived outside Rochester for 7 years and my 25 year old (next month) daughter lives in Albany.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 1st, 2017, 08:00 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm beyond pumped. I wonder if they'll cross 4 mil. Those minis are drop dead gorgeous (even if they only look half as good as I the resins)and seems if you back the Kickstarter you'll get 80+ in total for the 100$ and shipping. That's a lot of paint projects for me to take on lol. I'm so excited.

If you've ever back CMON before they always give the last stretch goal despite not hitting it, but I think we might hit 4 mil.
That's one thing I don't need, is more models to paint

Though I'm sure my buddy that backed this will paint his up, though he's got a backlog minis to paint already
Me neither mate, but When a mini is as beautiful as these it's hard to help myself from adding some more paint.(It might be up to my neck metaphorically now with project's)
Yeah, the minis are sweet! And if I had another use for them, it might be worth backing just for the minis. As far as the game goes, I have at least 2 guys that I know of in my game group that are backing it, so I'll get to play it.

What part of upstate NY are you at? I lived outside Rochester for 7 years and my 25 year old (next month) daughter lives in Albany.
Right next to Saratoga. About 25-30 minutes away from lake George.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 1st, 2017, 08:03 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's the speculation thread I started on bgg on what the final surge may bring us from CMON for Rising Sun, if you want to see what others think, and join in the fun:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...ickstarter-lap
Old April 1st, 2017, 10:11 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Right next to Saratoga. About 25-30 minutes away from lake George.
Cool, that's pretty up there. We drove up that way from Albany to go to Six Flags about 7 years ago when my current wife and twin daughters went to see my oldest graduate high school. She and her fiancee go up your way and Lake George on occasion in the summer.

Old April 1st, 2017, 11:27 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

There is a great Veterans Museum in Saratoga where they have some of the most unusual early Civil War fancy militia uniforms from New York Regiments, and other cool stuff. They have the coat that Ellmer Ellsworth, a friend of Abraham Lincoln's and the founder of the Zouave craze before the war, was wearing when killed in a famous incident. He went into Alexandria from Washington with his men to rip down a Confederate flag from the roof of a local hotel, and was shot and killed by the owner, becoming one of the first casualties! He was a local boy, and I got a nice 54mm metal figure of him the last time I was there!
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:00 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rising Sun just passed 30,000 backers, and 4million.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 4th, 2017, 01:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

Crazy good campaign on rising sun. They are going to get me with zombicide green horde next.
Old April 4th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

For anyone that missed the first kickstarter for Gloomhaven, there is a reprint kickstarter that started today for a 2nd printing. I might order an add-on for a couple things to supplement my current copy. Maybe the 17 solo scenarios and health / XP dials.

Old April 4th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Wow! Almost $901,000 so far on it's first day for 2nd printing of Gloomhaven. And it doesn't need stretch goals or exclusives

Last edited by Hahma; April 5th, 2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old April 6th, 2017, 12:41 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Hmm....is now the time for me to jump into Gloomhaven?? I came very close the first time.
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

@Hahma, I really like the look of Gloomhaven. I just don't know how justified I am in getting it seeing how I will shortly receive Darksouls and Massive Darkness here soon. I'll be backing Zombicide: Green Horde, just because I am a huge zombicide and zombicide Black Plague fan, and its basically a standalone game that can be used as a huge expansion to zombicide Black Plague. I watched some videos of Tom Vassel from dice tower reviews playing gloomhaven solo. It looked pretty neat. It just looked similar enough to the other ones I'm getting that I'm on the fence.
Old April 6th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX

I don't know about Massive Darkness or Dark Souls as far as game play goes, though I have tried the original Zombicide. But yeah, Gloomhaven is similar I'm genre for sure. As far as game play, it's a card driven game where all your actions are dependent on which cards you choose to play, and over the course of a scenario, you will be losing cards that can't be used again that scenario, so you have to be careful with your hand management and timing of when you use certain more powerful cards. You are only abe to bring a certain amount of cards into the scenario, depending on your character, so when you level up and get to add a new card to your pool of cards, you can still only bring the original number of cards, so that adds to some tough decisions. Lots of tough decisions throughout the game. Also, no alpha player syndrome since players choose from their own unique ability cards to play, and nobody can tell someone to play a specific card.

It's a neat game for sure. Whether you need it or not, that's up to you and dependent on your play group. Of course, you could always get it now and hang on to until you are done with the other games

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games