Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old July 17th, 2010, 07:17 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Matt Helm's SUPERSCAPE REINFORCEMENT PACKS - Azrael/Robi

Darkseid is updated & here's Azrael:

Cheers
Old July 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for peaking in Confred, Always happy to hear your feedback and always ready to explain the crazy mindset of Mr. Helm.

The multiple Vigilante thing is to make him a must draft in a Gotham oriented team. In the Helmiverse, Batman is a vigilante, Azrael will be when finished, and A3n's NM24 version of Nightwing is the recommended card to fit in. I wanted someone who went with a Bat-family oriented army to max out with Robin and make him almost an equal if not essential part of the team. Choosing one vigilante at the begining would stiffle that. Besides, if Batman is destroyed in your game, wouldn't you want Robin to beable to couple up with Nightwing or Azrael for the remainder of the game as they fill in for Bruce?

As for the OM removal, I believe that it is absolutely necessary. A sidekick kiting in with a possible attack dice of 7 (Robin + Batman) would be much more powerful than Batman alone and would find the player loading up the OM's on Robin after Batman centers himself in an engagement. Thematically, I did not want Robin to be the focus of the offense but be more of a Special Attack option for Batman to utilize.

On the mechanical/strategic side, I find it much more interesting to confuse your opponent by loading OM's between them in various combos. An "X" on Batman can be used for one "free" Dynamic Duo every time. Or, you bluff with the X on Robin and have Bats come through with 3 turns of his own. Seeing your opponent stare at your OM's while he positions a figure adjacent to Batman but then hesitate in taking a height advantage because it puts him in range of Robin's movement could be fun.

I hope that makes sense... now does anyone have that cool "red" robin throwing the batarang... I really think I want that one.

EDIT: A3n just blessed me with Azrael as I was typing... damn I love that guy... A3n that is, not Azrael... well I love the card, but I'm saying that I love the best Scape Artist there is... in a professional way... not that he gets paid... oh you know what I'm saying.
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I hate to ask you to do this A3n buddy, but I noticed a problem with Flash and need to ask for a wording update. As is, he cannot run over molten lava without rolling for damage on each and every space. So I think the following change would be in order...
Spoiler Alert!

SUPER SPEED
Flash does not have to stop his movement when entering a water space and only rolls for molten lava damage when he ends his movement on a molten lava space. Flash can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:36 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I don't know whether you noticed or not but I made the alterations to Toro & now the Flash is done also.

Cheers
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Captain Underpants

Oh I sure noticed Toro and thank you for the fast/speedy/flash-like editing on FLASH. You are too good to me, especially with all of the work going on over at C3G.

Excellent job over there, as always. the new cards look great. I do have to laugh that Robin was released just as I was finalizing my version... and using the same miniature to boot.
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I do have to laugh that Robin was released just as I was finalizing my version... and using the same miniature to boot.
Yeah, I was thinking the same.
Old July 18th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
I do have to laugh that Robin was released just as I was finalizing my version... and using the same miniature to boot.
On a good note, I think the cards are very different takes on the character. And also, looking at the photo of the mini on the C3G confirms that the paint job is nice and definitely the piece I want to get my hands on (and razor him off that silly chimney he's on).
Old July 18th, 2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
On a good note, I think the cards are very different takes on the character. And also, looking at the photo of the mini on the C3G confirms that the paint job is nice and definitely the piece I want to get my hands on (and razor him off that silly chimney he's on).
What was with that chimney? There was another Robin on one & a Batman on two . Also Manhunter was on a chimney.

Last edited by A3n; July 19th, 2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old July 18th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's the best Robin sculpt out there, in my opinion (the one in red on the chimney). That's the reason I went with it for C3G.
Here's a proposed rewording of your special attack for him, riffing off of Chadris, Sir Gilbert, and Sparticus:

DYNAMIC DUO SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special.
When Robin attacks with Dynamic Duo Special Attack, choose a Vigilante you control adjacent to the targeted figure and remove an unrevealed Order Marker from that Vigilante's Army Card. Add X to Robin's attack dice. X equals the Attack number on the chosen Vigilante's Army Card. After attacking with Dynamic Duo Special Attack, Robin may immediately move using his Grapple Swing 3 Special Power.

A lil bit of algebra, but it has plenty of precedent. Hope that helps.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's the best Robin sculpt out there, in my opinion (the one in red on the chimney). That's the reason I went with it for C3G.
Here's a proposed rewording of your special attack for him, riffing off of Chadris, Sir Gilbert, and Sparticus:

DYNAMIC DUO SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special.
When Robin attacks with Dynamic Duo Special Attack, choose a Vigilante you control adjacent to the targeted figure and remove an unrevealed Order Marker from that Vigilante's Army Card. Add X to Robin's attack dice. X equals the Attack number on the chosen Vigilante's Army Card. After attacking with Dynamic Duo Special Attack, Robin may immediately move using his Grapple Swing 3 Special Power.

A lil bit of algebra, but it has plenty of precedent. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the input. I definitely see where you've used the algebraic formula style from Sir Gilbert, but I don't really see the Chadris or Sparticus connection. I definitely think that your wording works, and works well, but I'm not neccesarily a fan of the "X equals" language on Gilbert and would only use it as a last resort.

Do you really think theat the current wording I have listed is broken or too confusing? I believe that it is similar to the Anubian Wolves and pretty straight forward. But I'm not too proud to change it if I've missed something broken about it.

Like I said, I appreciate the "X" wording and would definitely use it if it is the only way I can get it done. But I'd rather not, especially with 7 and 9 year olds playing in my games.
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think it's broken, no, it's just not very elegant and a tad confusing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Captain Underpants

I was doing some thinking about the grapple type power on my customs. On Batman, I went with a BAT-LINE as an alternate that allows Batman to go up only 30, but down as many as he wants (as if he were gliding). On Robin, I went with GRAPPLE-SWING just to keep it different from the BAT-GRAPPLE or GRAPPLE-LINE that ends up on other customs cards.

But now I ask myself why did I do this. Did I really need Batman to have that little difference for the one game I play someday that he needs to jump down 31 levels? And as far as the other custom powers, I just didn't want to use the same name if the wording I chose wasn't exactly the same as I am a stickler for such silly details.

But then I realized what the real problem was. The problem was in the official cards. Primarily, Sgt Drake's Grapple and Spider-Man's Swing-Line have noticeable differences in the wording yet they mechanically work the same and are both looked to as the basis for the Batman Grapple powers.

Sgt Drake
Spoiler Alert!

Spider-Man
Spoiler Alert!

These minor changes seem silly to me and I don't know which one to use. Drake's is a bit shorter but Spidey's is on a Marvel card which is what I've been trying to emulate.

But bottom line is, I'd like to make it consistent with other customs I might use. The c3G seem to have a nice set of customs that I can intertwine into the Helmiverse even if all of the current Bat-Grapplers are already represented in this collection. So the one card I really want to match with, is A3n's NM24 Nightwing. His card is Helmiverse compatible and think I'll just set Batman and Robin to match his Nightwing with Bat-Grapple 3.
Spoiler Alert!

So what do you think A3n? Your wording seems to be a morph of the two (you have the "a" from Spidey, but leave off the "movement" like Drake. Unfortunately you've also got the "pass over" from generic FLYING. If you feel like settling on a specific wording (C3G is set up exactly like yours except that they replace "pas" with "grapple") let me know and I'll be cool with it on Batman and on Robin.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 18th, 2010 at 11:08 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations