Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 8th, 2011, 08:06 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Spite's Customs - The Stone Golem

Nice new custom

My only problem is the Spook power. I like the power mechanically, I'm just not sure what it represents. Right now it sounds like the Golem is scared of gunfire so he runs away when someone gets shot, which seems a little odd to me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:44 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Customs - The Stone Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Nice new custom

My only problem is the Spook power. I like the power mechanically, I'm just not sure what it represents. Right now it sounds like the Golem is scared of gunfire so he runs away when someone gets shot, which seems a little odd to me.
Think wild horses, with some Bigfoot thrown in. It's more about unpredictable behavior than running away. As you might imagine, the golems often move forward when they're spooked, but it evolved out of the wild personalities that I saw them having. Huge, scary, jumpy, and camera-shy. They hit hard, draw fire, jump around, run in, run out, etc. They have to, with that sculpt.

I've actually play-tested these guys twice now. They are seriously fun. They need to be paired with numbers though. When my opponent was able to concentrate his firepower, three golems fell too quickly. When I paired two of them with some Ashra Warriors and 4th Mass, they got the chance to use their ability and were a serious force in the game. They also won the second time, which was nice.
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Customs - UPDATE 1/19

Updated the first post with the Heoreth Stonelever and the Earth Archon. Let me know what you think. Thanks all.

~Spite
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Love 'em. +rep.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:44 PM

Re: Spite's Customs - UPDATE 1/26

Bump.

Just add Water:
Motura the Waning Moon:
Spoiler Alert!

And the Water Archon:
Spoiler Alert!

The Earth and Water Archons are two of my favorite DnD sculpts, so I was really excited to design these guys. Haven't playtested yet, but I think they should increase the playability of the elemental factions.

By the way, if anybody is interested, Heoreth Stonelever is the Fist of Moradin (DnD), Sephyn the Howling Storm is a repainted Cormyrean War Wizard, and Motura the Waning Moon is a repainted Male Human Invoker.

And Fix-It Sculpt (not really, but Soundwarp always says it, and his stuff is really popular, so...)

Reactions welcome. Thanks.

~Spite
Old January 26th, 2011, 06:02 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I noticed a flaw... the Water Archon cannot be placed on the battlefield unless summoned, but Motura does not have a power to summon said Water Archon. Might want to fix that...
Great customs though! I recently ordered that same Water Archon and made a card for it, but mine is a standalone. It's here if you want to see it.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
I noticed a flaw... the Water Archon cannot be placed on the battlefield unless summoned, but Motura does not have a power to summon said Water Archon. Might want to fix that...
Great customs though! I recently ordered that same Water Archon and made a card for it, but mine is a standalone. It's here if you want to see it.
Crap! See, that's what happens when you go through so many evolutions of these guys. I had planned on taking summoning out. It's cool thematically, but it takes up too much room on all the Elementalists' AND the Archons' cards, so I had planned to make the Water Archon a stand-alone. I'll fix it.

Crap!! I like yours more than my own. That anti-soulborg power is gold! Damnit, Chewie, you're making me THINK.

(sigh) Thanks,

Spite
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM

You can use that power as well, it's not copyrighted (yet). Thanks for the compliment. I really like your idea of summoning too.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Alright. I edited Motura the Waning Moon and the Water Archon in the first post. I think I fixed them. Summoning is back in, Battleaxe is modified, and I totally ripped off Wookie-boy's anti-Soulborg ability (that is a WEIRD sentence). Thanks for the editing help, Chewie. Here are the new cards:

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Better, I think? Please? So I can call them "finished"?

Because I actually have a couple of mods to photograph so I can make cards for those. Vydar Kyrie...so can I please be finished with Motura and the waterboy now?

Thanks.

~Spite
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:38 PM

I assume it's for spacial purposes, but the official term is "20-sided die." Also, Short Circuit is different. That is a violation of copyright terms. YOU OWE ME $500!

I believe you can be finished. After this.
Why the change in Battleaxe? It seems less reminiscent of a battle axe. The first power seems better. And by the way "Spitey-Dicey", it's MR. Wookiee, not Wookiee-boy. Indicating I'm a MARRIED WOOKIEE. Jeez.
Motura's fine and so is Archon.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I assume it's for spacial purposes, but the official term is "20-sided die."
I know. It's for spatial purposes.
Quote:
Also, Short Circuit is different. That is a violation of copyright terms. YOU OWE ME $500!
I'll have it wired to your Swedish account. Thanks for the idea.
Quote:
I believe you can be finished. After this.
Why the change in Battleaxe? It seems less reminiscent of a battle axe. The first power seems better.
Hm. The short answer is "Now it fits on the card." But I based it on Cleave, and I think it mimics the swinging of a great big blade pretty well. I'll have to test it out. If it's boring, I'll rework it.
Quote:
And by the way "Spitey-Dicey", it's MR. Wookiee, not Wookiee-boy. Indicating I'm a MARRIED WOOKIEE.Jeez.
Alright, calm down, you big walking carpet.
Quote:
Motura's fine and so is Archon.
Thanks man! Really appreciate the help editing and revising.

More to come...
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:34 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Cool cards , sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been meaning to, but I'm lazy and a slow typier.

Some thoughts:

-Thaelin Frostblade still has the typo I mentioned awhile back

Team Earth

-Personally I'd ditch the Elementar synergy, particularly the bonding.

-I kind of wish the summoner had another power like his buds, he just seems a tad plain in comparison.

-The Earth Archon has a typo in Earth Tremor; 'rolls' is in the wrong spot, should come after 'Earth Archon'.

Team Water

-Honestly, I'm not a fan of the short circuit power, I've never understood the logic behind the 'Water=Death for Robots' thing. Plus, I preferred the other version of the battleaxe it sort-of replaced.

-Otherwise, I really like these two, they seem like a lot of fun.

All in all I really like these guys, can't wait to see what you do for Team Fire

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards