Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM

Dudescape is surprisingly tart
Elf wizard Army

I got Ulginesh, Arkmer, Emirroon and Jorhdawn a few days ago and they are just awesome to play with, I also have Chardris which makes him a great hero killer, but I'm here to discuss which other units would be good for them for bigger games like 500 points because the elves points all together is 470.

One of the units that would be good is Raelin due to her defense aura, the elves have low defense so having extra defense is really good to have.

Other would be the Deathreavers to keep the enemy most strongest units away from the elves while they blast away the enemy units or to get to an objective.

The units above are A+ in power ranking.

A good addition would be a big unit that role to destroy squad units like the Majors, Braxas, Deathwalkers and the like because when an melee squad unit attacks the elf wizards, they will take fatal damage. One game, the elf wizards took a lot of wounds from the Deepwyrm Drow all ganging up on them, it not just for the attacking but also the leaving engagement, making them in a tight fight.

That all I have that would work very well with the elf wizards, but the thing that make me think is when using other units, it can make the elf wizards do less work or the others due to order markers.

All the elf wizards are heroes so they are most unlikey to be killed from Braxas's acid breath and they all have good life so it makes them hard to take them all out.

The thing that make these elf wizards powerful is Ulginesh's Mind Link, taking a turn with 2 other elf wizards makes them mobile and deadly, Emirroon makes them even more mobile when to summon the elf wizards to adjacent him.

that all I got to say, so share your experience and thoughts with these tricky wizards and what you agree or disagree with.

P.S. Chardris said Hi

While Jandar and Utgar are archenemies, a new rivalry rises.

vs

Last edited by Dudescape; July 21st, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old July 20th, 2011, 04:28 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation
Re: Elf wizard Army

The elf wizards are my daughter's favorite army so I'm very familiar with them.

Jorhdawn is the cornerstone of the elf wizard army. With her fully charged you don't have to worry much about squads. But the wizards are a house of cards and once they start taking casualties Jorhdawn can become ineffective. So you need more than just 4 wizards. Kyntela Qwynn is a must for a cheap power-battery for Jorhdawn who also provides a little defense.

Raelin is an excellent support piece for the wizards because her aura provides much-needed defense. Generally your opponent will have to concentrate on killing Raelin first, which means your wizards (and Jorhdawn's 4 attack) are safe. You need to be skilled with order marker management, though, because Raelin can't be activated with mind link. You need to know where you're going, park Raelin, and then move the wizards around her.

The other elf wizards -- Acorlah, Chardris and Morsbane -- are pretty expensive for what you get. If you have the points, Chardris can make a good substitution for Arkmer, with a 5 long range attack (when fully charged).

If you *still* have points, you can use Aubrien Archers or Warriors of Ashra. I prefer the latter because I'd rather use my order markers on mind link. The Warriors can be summoned by Emiroon to use as a defensive wall without having to use order markers on them.

In my opinion, the most effective elf wizard army is:

Ulginesh 150
Jorhdawn 250
Emiroon 330
Kyntela Gwyn 350

With that as a base you've got good mobility (Emiroon and Ulginesh) and you've got Jorhdawn fully charged with a rain of fire 4. But although you have good life you don't have very good defense.

Then you can add either Chardris and Raelin for 520 (my preference), or Raelin, Arkmer, and filler for 500.
Old July 20th, 2011, 06:29 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you're into discussion of the elf wizards (with whom a great deal of practice and study have brought me little success), this would be a good read.

P.S. Before beginning a new thread, it's a good idea to search the forum/sub-forum in which you'll be posting, so as to not duplicate an existing thread.

Welcome to the boards!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 20th, 2011, 06:43 PM

that good stuff there but you know I did said that Raelin was a good piece for the elf wizards, and I know about Jothdawn ability but I think another anti squad unit can bring a good punch. I have the Warriors of Ashra and yes it will make them a great defense option but can also make a really great offense option to attack or slow down an enemy like the deathreavers would (both the warriors and rats come in the same pack, so very nice.)

The other wizards you talk you said are great units but unfortunately I don't have them.

vs
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:24 AM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

500 is bigger?

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:33 AM

500 is bigger then 470 but I think that you think that I mean 500 is a big game while its really an average for heroscape games, I mean for filling for average games.

vs

Last edited by Dudescape; July 21st, 2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: the total is 470 my bad
Old July 21st, 2011, 08:39 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

My favorite Elf Wizard Army (I can't believe I completely forgot about playing this army at Origins, which was 550 Points. Makes me really mad.)

Ulginesh - 150
Emirroon - 230
Jorhdawn - 330
Chardris - 420
Arkmer - 470
Raelin - 550, 7 hexes

It would be better at 570 Points with Kyntela Gwyn added in, but alas, that point total isn't too common.

Set up the elven group hug on the closest perch to your starting zone, and just sit there blasting anything that gets close. You'll want to position Arkmer in the front adjacent to 2-3 other Elves so you can take advantage of Engagement Strike and his Staff. Emirroon should be behind, adjacent to Arkmer and also as many other elves as possible. If the opponent won't come to you, send Arkmer out for a ranged shot of 4, and then yoink him back with Emirroon. I like a setup like this:

_A_
C J
_E_

U R

Where the little group hug is under both Ulginesh's and Raelin's auras, and Arkmer and Emirroon are also adjacent.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; July 21st, 2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: All of the Elves together are actually 470 points, and 490 with Kyntela Gwyn
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The 500-pt version I've used was Ugly, Jorhdawn, Chardris, Emirroon, Arkmer, KG and Otonashi (as filler/glyph taker). I can see how, when playing at slightly higher points, Raelin could make the elves somewhat competitive, as is the army kc posted above.

Either way, if your opponent is using a horde army, the elves just don't have what it takes sans squads.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM

Ulginesh, Arkmer, Emirroon and Jorhdawn chardris

This is what 600 point army i'd go with.

Ulginesh 150
Arkmer 50
Emirroon 80
Jorhdawn 100
Chardis 90
Raelin Rotv 80
Warriors of Ashra 50

vs
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart

As far as this elf-wizard army is concerned Ulginesh is an absolute must, he is the keystone backbone whatever you want to call it, he's basically the figure that will make this army successful. However I must say 2 other "must include figures" in this army are Arkmer and Kyntela. For a combined 70 points you really don't have much too loose, Arkmers ranged attack of 4 can prove to be quite effective and Kyntela can boost every elfs defense. Pair her with Arkmer and his defense now becomes 4, so now you have a ranged attacker with 4 attack, 4 defense for 70 points, not too shabby, and it doesn't stop there Arkmers defense will continue to increase with every elf wizard adjacent too him, and Kyntela will boost all elves, I'm not saying these 3 alone are enough to be victorious, but if you are set on drafting an "all elf wizard" army, here's the place to start
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:56 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Don't forget Haduc!
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:01 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you dont mind a little house rule action you could classify Sonlen, Erevan Sunshadow and Sharwin Wildborn all as 'elf wizards'. I have tried this a few times, and none of these units seem overpowered when treated this way. Their point costs are high enough to prevent that and it is really nice to have a little variety in the 'elf wizard' group.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion