Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 6th, 2009, 11:05 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: NFL

Didn't get to see the game but..............

Chargers Win, Chargers Win, Chargers Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I wasn't too impressed with them only winning by one TD against the worst team in the NFL, but it's better than my Pack getting beaten by the Bucs.

Anyway, congrats! I have a feeling that the Chargers are coming into a golden age.

Oh, and that's the Favre we all know and love!
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Of course any INT he throws will be overly hyped by his opponents. We're just badly off tonight and it's obviously from having played 3 straight easy games at home followed by an Away game against a challenging opponent. Not good psychologically for players...it sets them up to play soft.

And I've always kept a pocket of skepticism, despite our great record. Most long-suffering Vikings have that some skepticism and it's for good reason - games like this, where we really should be the better team but play down a bit and get torched. Disappointing but hopefully we learn from it.

I've had a very difficult day with my son, Noah, who is now home from Children's hospital and is very difficult to take care of...and I just don't need to watch us suck against a team we can easily beat if we play even remotely to our potential. Really lame.

Oh well, I can still hope for the Packers to lose tomorrow, that'll cheer me up some. :P

I'm done watching for the night though...I don't see any miraculous comeback in the Cards (see what I did there).
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm sorry to hear about Noah, and will continue praying for him.

As for the game, don't fudge up how Warner is playing. The Vikings are not playing that well, and if my hopes don't get too high they'll lose and we'll win tomorrow.

GO PACK GO

BTW, I've always wondered what 'SKOL VIKINGS' meant. Kinda of a wierd slogan.
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Well imho, we're going to be hitting on a big downward slide going from here. If we can't even whup up on the Cardinals, a team that we SHOULD be beat, imho, we'll have trouble with Cincy, too.

Adrian looks awful these past few weeks (I mean that as a comparative remark based on his potential and due to the recent spate of fumbling) and I think his star is starting to fade. Once teams realize that they don't have to fear him as much, it's pretty much over because they can just treat us a one-dimensional team with an aging QB.

It was one of my big fears at the beginning of the season and I really shouldn't have bought into the hype but I let myself hope way too much for once - big mistake to make as a Viking's fan. ::: shaking head :::

This game reminds me to keep my skepticism firmly in hand going forward - this team is still the same old team they always were. I'm glad we whupped your Packers, though, Abomination - that gave me at least a couple brief moments of joy this season at least.

Good luck tomorrow night...at least your team plays hard in every game. We look lazy, sloppy, and unfocused tonight. It's offensive to any die-hard Viking fan.
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:55 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
I wasn't too impressed with them only winning by one TD against the worst team in the NFL, but it's better than my Pack getting beaten by the Bucs.

Anyway, congrats! I have a feeling that the Chargers are coming into a golden age.

Oh, and that's the Favre we all know and love!
At least we didn't loose to the Raiders...

Chargers seem to play to the teams level.

Favre, Favre-ing it up again. J-E-T-S replay.
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:29 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Aaarghhh! Patriots lose another game they should win. 5 years ago they were always making the play that they needed to to either win or seal the game. They just can't seem to do that this year. A serious lack of talent on D as well is killing them. It's hard to believe they are still in first place, thank goodness for a mediocre division.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Blech. Niners, Titans and Vikings all lose. The Vikings have been transforming week by week from the dominating "run first and let Favre manage the game" to "gunslinger mode". Remember how they were planning on treating Favre like a pitcher with a "throw count"? I'm not quite ready to predict doom and gloom, but I am so beyond done with Favre.

~Aldin, who couldn't enjoy his schadenfreude because he needs the bloody Cardinals to start losing

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Messy Eater

I, too, am worried about our changing offense. BUT that being said, Peterson has been consistently crummy the past several games and continues to decline. Maybe it's the only good thing we have going for us...
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:56 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I was really hoping the Titan Train could upend the Colts. I don't think I ever truly believed they could, but they seemed as likely a team to do it as any (Colts against a lesser opponent, playing down to the level of the competition... yadda yadda yadda).

-insert signature here-
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Aaarghhh! Patriots lose another game they should win. 5 years ago they were always making the play that they needed to to either win or seal the game. They just can't seem to do that this year. A serious lack of talent on D as well is killing them. It's hard to believe they are still in first place, thank goodness for a mediocre division.
Actually, five years ago, this is what happened when a 12-1 New England traveled to a 2-11 Miami. Some things don't change...
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:24 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Actually, five years ago, this is what happened when a 12-1 New England traveled to a 2-11 Miami. Some things don't change...
Patriots always seem to struggle in Miami, no matter their record at the current time.

Big difference then is that the Pats went on to win the Superbowl that year(making the big plays when they mattered most, in the playoffs), this year they are in a fight just to make the playoffs. Again, thank goodness for a mediocre division.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV