Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 14th, 2024, 03:58 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The pirates (abilities, sculpts) are a bit of an all over the place mismash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Fia Bonny is definitely a miss of a design for me.
My dislike for Bok-Bur-Na is growing, for several reasons. Of course there's the unintentionally comical pants business, and I can't figure out why a bladed weapon needs to be hosed into a Marro's body like a Drudge pistol. Worse, the folks who made the artwork and the ones who painted the figure don't seem to know that the recessed areas on a Marro's body (where the wash would collect) are red, not black.

It also bugs me that they're screwing with the canon by taking a name ending in -NA, which should be a Hivelord, and making it a Captain instead. Now maybe they could have patched that with some well-crafted lore, but what we've seen so far paints the picture that they seem uninterested in, or maybe incapable of, making the bios actually good. Instead of a real Heroscape Marro, we're being offered a squishy, egalitarian (what?) Captain Crybaby in little-boy pants who -- literally -- misses his family oh so terribly. He's so sadly sad that he feels like he wants revenge on Utgar, but he's such a wuss that his gameplay doesn't do anything about that; it just makes him yet another loyal servant following his general, wielding the general's special cutlass and proudly marching under Ornak's flag. I'm not sure what was the point of even making him a member of Heroscape's coolest proprietary species if he doesn't have an actual Marro class so he can synergize with the others.

Is there nobody on the team that knows what the heck a Marro is? It feels like maybe somebody was trying to toss us a bone so we can't complain about there being none of this species in the reboot, but it really just changes the concern to "no real Marro." Getting a fake one in the reboot is actually worse than none. At least all the design elements are consistent that this is a Marro in name only. So many things are wrong that it will be easy to headcanon it away. Sadly one of the figures I should've been most excited about in this release had the opposite effect. No real Marro, no real Pirates, just awkward jumbles. Hey, but a fried Twinkie hotdog counts as an entrée AND dessert, right? We should rejoice!

Even the goofy way the Product Producer pronounced his name in that Youtube video -- "Bock Burna" -- tells the same story that this character was just not worth anyone's time to get the details right. The human-sounding name made me wonder what his human-sounding job would be. "Thanks for that shocking report, Linda! And now with the weather, here's meteorologist Bock Burna. Bock...?"
I think that the pirates should be their own faction, instead of being assigned to various generals. By introducing factions that formed on Valhalla outside of the generals then we can get some more interesting additions to the lore, i.e. these factions wouldn't have access to a wellspring.
Another faction could be a marro swarm that formed on Valhalla that doesn't follow Utgar

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News