Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Old April 30th, 2024, 12:00 PM

Josephus has disabled reputation
Best Way to Mail

Hi Everyone,

I’m thinking about selling my substantial Heroscape collection. I’m just looking at the logistics and asking for advice.

1) What’s the best way to package and mail Master Sets? I was wondering if anyone had current prices and recommendations for packaging?

2) I’ve got some unopened wave boosters. What’s the cheapest way to mail these safely and how much should that cost to mail?

3) Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks for any advice. I’ve never sold anything before and I’m contemplating selling some items. My car got T - Boned badly by an uninsured driver who’s broke with a terminal illness. I walked away undamaged which was key. I’ve got my car back on the road, but it looks like a meteor hit it.

For those interested, here’s my complete collection. For quantities, there are often 2x numbers. The 1st is how many I have opened. The 2nd is how many of those I still have unopened. So 2 (1) is a total or 3, of which 1 is unopened. Anyone want to ballpark a total value?

Everything is complete and looks new. All cards are there and they’ve been well looked after. My play set of cards are stored in a CD binder and the excess are bagged up. They all look pristine. All accessories that should be there are there. A couple of spears / lances aren’t perfectly straight; but they should spring back. I ‘think’ most of the unopened master sets are red/blue dice; plain water tiles. 12 are still unopened in the wholesale triple boxes that they were originally distributed in.

Master Sets

Rise of the Valkyrie x1 (14)
Swarm of the Marro x1 (3) + 5x Stingers, 1x Drudge & 1x Nagrubs
Marvel: The Conflict Begins x 1 (1)
Battle for the Underdark x1 (1)

Small Figure Expansions

Collection 1 – Malliddon's Prophecy:
Grut Orcs - x2 (2)
The IX Roman Legion - x2 (1)
Snipers & Vipers - x3
Heroes of Bleakwoode - 1

Collection 2 – Utgar's Rage:
Drones & Minions - x3
Knights & The Swog Rider - x2 (3)
Minute Men & Wolves - x2 (3)
Heroes of Barrenspur - x1 (1)

Collection 3 – Jandar's Oath:
Gorillas & Hounds - x1 (3)
Kilts & Commandos - x1 (6)
Monks & Guards - x1 (1)
Heroes of Nostralund - x1 (1)

Collection 4 – Zanafor's Discovery:
Soulborgs & Elves - x2
Lawmen & Samurai - x1 (1)
Greeks & Vipers - x2
Heroes of Trollsford x1

Collection 5 – Thora's Vengeance:
Soulborgs - x2 (1)
Gladiators & Agents - x1
Warriors & Soulborgs - x2 (2)
Ninjas & Samurai - x1

Collection 6 – Dawn of Darkness:
Shades & Orcs - x2 (1)
Archers & Kyrie - x2 (1)
Zombie Horde - x3 (1)
Heroes of Durgeth x1

Collection 7 – Fields of Valor:
Spearmen & Riflemen - x2 (1)
Templar Knights - x2 (1)
Fiends & Vampires - x1
Heroes of Elswin x1 (1)

Collection 8 – Defenders of Kinsland:
Soldiers & Wolves - x1 (2)
Marro Cavalry - x1 (3)
Elves - x1
Heroes of the Molten Sea - x1

Collection 9 – Blackmoon's Siege:
Braves & Brawlers - x1 (2)
Dwarves & Repulsors - x1 (2)
Dividers & Defenders - x1 (2)
Heroes of the Moon Tribe - x1

Collection 10 – Valkrill's Gambit:
Champions of Renown - x0
Soulborgs x0
Warriors & Soulborgs - x0
Warriors of Feldspar - x1 (2)

Collection D1 – Champions of the Forgotten Realms:
Heroes of Faerun x1
Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen - x1 (2) + 1x Phantom Knights
Fury of the Primordials - x1 (2) + 2x each Elemental
Glaun Bog Raiders - x1 (2) + 2x Greater Ice Elemental & 1x Greenscale Warriors

Collection D2 – Warriors of Eberron:
Heroes of Khorvaire - x1 (3)
Golem and Wyrmlings - x1 (3)
Veterans of the Last War - x1 (3)
Ogre and Goblins - x1 (3)

Collection D3 - Moltenclaw's Invasion:
Heroes of Fallcrest - x1 (2)
Bugbears and Orcs - x1 (2)
Valkrill's Legion - x1 (2)
Icewind Scourge - x1 (2)

Large Figure Expansions

Orm's Return: Heroes of Laur - Su-Bak-Na, Deathwalker 8000, Dünd, Charos, Brunak x2

Raknar's Vision: Heroes of Lindesfarme - Braxas, Major Q9, Theracus, Jotun, Nilfheim x1

Aquilla's Alliance: Heroes of the Quagmire - Zelrig, Gurei-Oni, Zetacron, Wo-Sa-Ga, Sujoah x1 (1)

Large Terrain Expansions

Road to the Forgotten Forest: Road, Tree and Bridge Pack with Guard - Dumutef Guard x6

Thaelenk Tundra: Glacier Mountains, Ice and Snow Pack with Snow Hunters - Dzu-Teh x3

Ticalla Jungle: Jungle Trees and Jungle Brush with Spiders - Fyorlag Spiders x13 (most are in half packaging. Out of box, but still unused in internal packaging. 1x still unopened in box)

Fortress of the Archkyrie: Wall and Tower Building Pack x4 - all box opened, unplayed.

Exclusives

Rise of the Valkyrie - Walmart 2005 Special Edition Master Set: Elite Onyx Vipers x1 (master set 16 for those counting)

Volcarren Wasteland: Lava Terrain Pack with Guards - Toys R Us Large Terrain Exclusive: Obsidian Guards x2 (1)

Crest of the Valkyrie: Flagbearers (a.k.a. Wave 5.5) - Toys R Us Large Figure Exclusive:
Acolarh - x1 (1)
Hatamoto Taro - x1 (1)
Laglor - x1 (1)
Ornak - x1 (1)
Sir Gilbert - x1 (1)

Promotional Figures

Nerak's Return: Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider (GenCon 2005) x1

Sir Hawthorne's Arrival: Sir Hawthorne (GenCon 2006) x1

Arrival of the Master: Master Win Chiu Woo (GenCon & Comic Con 2007) x1

Skahen's Rescue: Agent Skahen (GenCon 2008 )x1
Old April 30th, 2024, 01:06 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Best Way to Mail

I always use Pirateship for shipping, just input the info and you can purchase labels from UPS/Fedex/USPS, it’ll price all available options and at discounted rates.

Packaging really isn’t that complicated, buy some of the common sizes you think you’ll need from Walmart or a shipping store. Use plenty of bubble wrap, if shipping loose terrain stack up in bricks and Saran Wrap for extra security. Always put cards between cardboard.

As far as selling goes this collection is large enough that it might be difficult to find a buyer for the whole collection, and you would probably have to discount it a fair amount. If you have the time and patience you can make a lot more money selling everything individually, but it’s a lot of work and you may have a hard time moving the less desirable stuff.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 30th, 2024, 01:14 PM

Josephus has disabled reputation
Re: Best Way to Mail

Thanks for the reply. I had a quick look at costs and was quoted $18 to ship a single boxed wave pack which I thought was excessive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades