Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 19th, 2016, 09:18 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
C3G Community Team Input Thread

So I was thinking recently about some Teams/Factions that I would like to see receive the C3G treatment (mainly thanks to Japes 1,000 point theme army thread). So I figured I would borrow some points from Ronin's Community Input Thread where we all vote for new characters and alter it slightly for new Teams/Factions.

Quote:
Disclaimer: Be aware; the C3G Heroes, Allies, and Sidekicks operate completely independently from this thread. It has absolutely no bearing on what units they decide to produce, or when they decide to release any units that may or may not have been designed. The purpose of this thread is simply to give a place for the C3G fanboys (like myself) to say what they would like to see the C3G to design.
Quote:
A few quick rules and guidelines before I list vote totals:
1. Don't be a jerk
2. Don't worry too much about mini availability. It's prone to change and I think this thread is a more useful resource if votes don't take it into account.
3. You can come back and change your votes for the current round whenever. I don't really anticipate this being a problem, since we all have better things to do than perpetually flip-flop in a voting thread.
4. You don't have to vote in every poll if you don't want to, or even use up all of your votes in any given poll.
5. Feel free to discuss in the thread anything you'd like to see in C3G's future.
6. If you have any questions, suggestions, other polls you'd like to see me put up, or general nonsense, don't keep any of that to yourself either.
7. As previously mentioned, you can only vote up to five teams in the poll.
8. Units will be stricken from the poll when they are released. After a wave release (or any other large release, such as the 12 Days), vote totals will be kept for all non-released units, but everyone is allowed to submit new votes.

With those criteria in mind I figure instead of doing a new round of voting each release we could do a new round of voting each month, since today is the 19th it would go to the 19th of June and so on. This will allow more votes to accumulate and keep people coming back each month, plus I don't know about you guys but my votes will always be representative of what I'm currently reading/watching.

So basically for votes I'm looking for things like Red Lantern Corps, Outsiders, Starjammers, Exiles. Teams that aren't represented well or maybe not even at all. People can feel free to vote for X-men or Green Lantern Corps and while their are certainly characters that are on those teams that aren't represented, the teams as a whole have pretty good representation. I will however allow people to vote for whatever they may like but I would like some detail for the votes and maybe an explanation as to why. I will follow this with my first vote so people can get an idea of the format and what I'm looking for.
Old May 19th, 2016, 09:30 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Community Team Input Thread

1. Warbound: People need to read World War Hulk, and Planet Hulk. I would also recommend the Planet Hulk animated movie. This is a great ragtag group of "heroes" if anyone wants to take a look I recently posted some designs for them in the public design thread.

2. Red Lantern Corps: I would love to see Atrocitus get some back up against the Green Lanterns. The New 52 Red Lanterns comic is also pretty decent it does have some slow stretches though. Characters like Bleez, Dex-Starr, Rankorr will keep you coming back.

3. Walking Dead Survivors: I just finished reading The Walking Dead Compendium 3, great stuff in there. The characters could add so much too C3G it just sucks that their are no mini's yet.

4. Outsiders: This was actually a cool team (Outsiders vol.3) Arsenal, Metamorpho(aka Shift), Jade, Indigo, Grace, Thunder

5. Crime Syndicate of America: Evil versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman, Flash. Why are we even still talking about this?
Old May 19th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Cool idea! I'd be happy to run this as a poll in the Community Input Thread if you'd like. I always intended to be able to add extra polls and keep that thread as broad as possible.

If you'd like to maintain your independence, though, I think my votes would have to be for....

Squadron Supreme - sometimes also known as the Squadron Sinister; Hyperion, Nighthawk, and the rest of Marvel's ersatz Justice League are a lot of fun.

Exiles - Exiles is just a cool book, and besides the awesome main cast (out of which we've already got Blink), it offers a lot of weird, out-there takes on classic Marvel characters that I'd love to see pop up in C3G.

Agents of Atlas - We've already got Gorilla-Man, but I'd love to see the rest of the Agents of Atlas cast make it into C3G. They're such a fun, retro-feeling batch of heroes, and they've all got minis. I feel like probably not many people here have read the Agents of Atlas stuff that Marvel was putting out a few years back, but I strongly recommend it.

Fatal Five - I admit I only saw these guys once in an episode of JLU, but hey, they looked cool and they've got minis. I'm curious.

Thunderbolts - I've been beating this drum for a long time. Probably mostly up to me to get these guys LD'd at this point, but I'm still voting for them.
Old May 19th, 2016, 10:35 AM

I only know Hyperion from Exiles, and Thunderbolts run but would love to see the Squadron at some point. Your right Exiles is a terrific run and I've been on board with you for Thunderbolts since the beginning but I'm not sure how many people have read that series which is a shame. I read some Agents of Atlas stuff during the Civil War event but honestly don't know much about them, and I did see the same episode in JLU but I haven't delved into the Legion yet.

If your comfortable adding it to your thread then I'm all for it, I think it would be cool if everything were there and it could eventually be kept on the main page.
Old May 19th, 2016, 10:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Squadron Supreme - sometimes also known as the Squadron Sinister; Hyperion, Nighthawk, and the rest of Marvel's ersatz Justice League are a lot of fun.
Outstanding...good to know I'm not the only one...I can tell you they have been drafted but I need to get my current faction finished off first. Since you are in the Danger Room I'm sure you know what the current faction I'm working on is.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 19th, 2016, 11:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
1. Warbound: People need to read World War Hulk, and Planet Hulk. I would also recommend the Planet Hulk animated movie. This is a great ragtag group of "heroes" if anyone wants to take a look I recently posted some designs for them in the public design thread.

2. Red Lantern Corps: I would love to see Atrocitus get some back up against the Green Lanterns. The New 52 Red Lanterns comic is also pretty decent it does have some slow stretches though. Characters like Bleez, Dex-Starr, Rankorr will keep you coming back.

3. Walking Dead Survivors: I just finished reading The Walking Dead Compendium 3, great stuff in there. The characters could add so much too C3G it just sucks that their are no mini's yet.

4. Outsiders: This was actually a cool team (Outsiders vol.3) Arsenal, Metamorpho(aka Shift), Jade, Indigo, Grace, Thunder

5. Crime Syndicate of America: Evil versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman, Flash. Why are we even still talking about this?

Of those 5...you have a good start on one in the Public, 2 are in progress, 1 is being talked about recently and the other one is trying to get votes in the Public for a new member to be added.

In no particular order as of yet my votes would be

Outsiders, Fearsome Five, Squadron Supreme, StarJammers, Inhumans...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 19th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

We'll be keeping an eye here for sure.

There's a lot I want to see on those lists. Unfortunately, some of my favorites (Crime Syndicate and Squadron Supreme) have the issue of being fundamentally derivative. We already have four Superman units and a few other "versions" like Bizarro - it'll be tough to come up with a design that feels "Superman" but also feels "Ultraman" or "Hyperion" and is ALSO original and unique but still elegant and clean. It's a nut I've personally yet to crack.
Old May 19th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Outstanding...good to know I'm not the only one...I can tell you they have been drafted but I need to get my current faction finished off first. Since you are in the Danger Room I'm sure you know what the current faction I'm working on is.
Cool. Good to hear that someone's got an eye on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
We'll be keeping an eye here for sure.

There's a lot I want to see on those lists. Unfortunately, some of my favorites (Crime Syndicate and Squadron Supreme) have the issue of being fundamentally derivative. We already have four Superman units and a few other "versions" like Bizarro - it'll be tough to come up with a design that feels "Superman" but also feels "Ultraman" or "Hyperion" and is ALSO original and unique but still elegant and clean. It's a nut I've personally yet to crack.
Yeah, Hyperion is kind of a tricky one for that reason, especially since I'd love to eventually see two or three different versions of him (on top of all those Supermen). I think a lot of the Squadron members can be differentiated from their DC counterparts without too much trouble, though. Power Princess and Nighthawk are the other 'big' ones, and they've got enough going to differentiate them from Wondy and Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
I only know Hyperion from Exiles, and Thunderbolts run but would love to see the Squadron at some point. Your right Exiles is a terrific run and I've been on board with you for Thunderbolts since the beginning but I'm not sure how many people have read that series which is a shame. I read some Agents of Atlas stuff during the Civil War event but honestly don't know much about them, and I did see the same episode in JLU but I haven't delved into the Legion yet.

If your comfortable adding it to your thread then I'm all for it, I think it would be cool if everything were there and it could eventually be kept on the main page.
Agents of Atlas is a lot of fun. It spans a few different minis and short ongoings, but it's all by Jeff Parker (who had a long run on Thunderbolts and a regrettably short run on Exiles) and it's a really fun book.

EDIT: Also, since you're cool with it, I'll get this poll running in the other thread. If you have any other ideas for polls or things to discuss in the Input Thread, definitely let me know!
Old May 19th, 2016, 02:37 PM
A Man of Taste

@johnny139 , I'm glad you popped in. I knew there was someone in the sanctum that had been vocal with the Squadron when I brought them up. Seemed like more often than not I had to spend time explaining who they were. When the time comes I'll remember who to call. May even make them a Danger Room thing so Ronin can weigh in. He seems to know the characters.

Old May 19th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I will almost certainly be working on TWD once the minis are available.

The board game went through on Kickstarter so hopefully minis will be available to the masses soon.

My vote for teams are:

A.B.C. Warriors
Bad Company
Alpha Flight
MicroNauts
Atari Force

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy