Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 28th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Foot Clan Ninja

OUT OF THE SHADOWS
After rolling for initiative you may roll a 20-sided die once for each Order Marker on this card. On a roll of 13 or higher, return a destroyed Foot Clan Ninja figure into play by placing it on an empty shadow tile or within 3 spaces of another Foot Clan Ninja figure you control. Figures placed with this power may not be placed adjacent to an opponent's figure.
Old June 28th, 2017, 02:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Well this was what I was proposing, just a simple little tweak to slow down the rate of return without changing the fact you could still put an OM on their card when down to just 1 figure and potentially get to activate more than one figure that turn. That is an important aspect of the design for me, the end or start of round rolls just puts figures into play that can be targeted and killed before you get to use them.

OUT OF THE SHADOWS
Once per round, after revealing and Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with the Foot Clan Ninja, one at a time roll a twenty sided die once for each Foot Clan Ninja figure no longer in play. On a roll of 13 or higher, return that figure into play by placing it on an empty shadow tile or within 3 spaces of another Foot Clan Ninja figure you control. Figures placed with this power may not be placed adjacent to an opponent's figure.

Linking the number of d20 rolls to the number of OM's on their card would just force them to become OM hogs. As a ~150 point 4 figure squad with a base attack of 3 at range 1, I don't see them being the primary driver of your army builds but rather an add on. They should be drafted in addition to Shredder, Beebop, Rocksteady, etc. and those figures should be getting OM's fairly regularly. So in the end you might only have 1 OM on their card and thus 1 chance to roll for Shadows per turn anyway, this change just effects them should they survive to end game where they are the only unit left facing your opponents last unit. Single attack figures need a chance to win that show down and after just one test it became clear they would not be able to when rolling for shadows 3 times per round.
Old June 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't have a problem with what you have posted

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've been a bit busy of late but I'm going to try and run the squad and hero tests for these guys soon with the Shadows power updated to once per round and with a lower d20 roll of 9+. I've updated the SP accordingly. We can adjust the d20 roll as needed if the tests show a further adjustment is needed but with it now only happening once per round I wanted it to be fairly reliable. I'll hopefully have something to update you all with sooner than later.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hopefully, Shredder will be finalized soon and we can test them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 12th, 2017, 07:03 PM
C3G Landlord

I finished up the squad tests and ran one hero test, the good news is that even with the Foot hitting 73% (8 misses/22 successes/30 attempts) for their Shadows rolls instead of the 55% they should be hitting in those 9 squad tests since the update, they still felt very fun and beatable to play against. So I think the once per round limitation has hit the right balance for the rate of return. The bad news is that the one hero test quickly showed we still are in need of a fix to help single attack heroes stand a chance at the end of the game. As it stands right now the single attack Hero can at most kill 3 Foot in one round, leaving 1 Foot alive to roll for Shadows on OM3 and then again on OM1 of the next round if needed. I think I may have come up with a solution but I need some help with the wording.

Can we make it so that you are also limited to rolling once per opponents figure still in play? That way at the start of the game when your opponent has a full army you are still rolling 3 times when needed, but when your opponent is down to just 1 figure you are only getting to return 1 Foot at a time. Maybe still roll once for each Foot you are missing but then limit the number returned to 1 per opponents figures still in play. Something like this:

OUT OF THE SHADOWS
Once per round, after revealing and Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with the Foot Clan Ninja, one at a time roll a twenty sided die once for each Foot Clan Ninja figure no longer in play. On a roll of 9 or higher, return that figure into play by placing it on an empty shadow tile or within 3 spaces of another Foot Clan Ninja figure you control. You may not return more figures into play with this power than the total number of figures your opponent's still have in play. Figures placed with this power may not be placed adjacent to an opponent’s figure.

*edit* I just reviewed all the details from the 9 squad tests I ran after that last update and the change proposed above would not have only come into play in any of the results. (Rolling once for each lost Foot figure, only returning to play a max of 1 Foot per opponents figures still in play.) In one of the 9 games I did roll 3 times for 3 missing foot and returned 2 Foot to play when the opponent only had 2 figure left in play.

Last edited by Yodaking; July 12th, 2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old July 12th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I like having a restriction like that. Should keep endgame shenanigans from getting ridiculous.
Old July 12th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The wording needs to be tweaked a bit so it works for multiple opponents.

Quote:
You may not return more figures into play with this special power than the number of figures the opponent with the least number of figures on the battlefield has in play.
That needs to be tightened up.

Also, 9 or higher is 60%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 12th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Pretty sure YK's version already handles multiple opponents (albeit differently) and just needs the stray apostrophe taken out of "opponent's". Could still use some tightening up, but I like his mechanic/wording better.
Old July 12th, 2017, 11:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't know that seems a little awkward. bumping up the roll seems more logical for the end game. Why not just make it once per round at the end of the round to eliminate that end of round + 1 OM of the next round issue.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 13th, 2017, 03:35 AM
C3G Landlord

You are right, 60%. I wasn't sure how to handle 3+ player games but my thought was to have it the total number of all opponents figures. So if you have 1 Foot left, one opponent has 1 figure left, and another opponent has 2 figures left you can still return all 3 missing Foot if you roll well. I suppose that would mean the two opponents would need to team up to put the Foot down then so perhaps it should be limited by just one opponent and not a total number. As for Japes suggestion, that would pretty much cut their value in half. Rolling for Shadows on OM1 and OM2 had a huge impact on all the tests thus far, they would have not fared very well if they had to wait until the end of the round.
Old July 13th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

That restriction seems awfully clunky to me, but I guess if it's needed for balance.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library