Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 26th, 2022, 04:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Blue Trails's Customs (Updated 5/27/2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
That's an excellent suggestion. Somewhat amusingly, though, TheAverageFan gave the same advise back in 2021, and I implemented it after testing. I should update this thread's archive soon.
Reading this made me chuckle.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 15th, 2022, 07:37 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Blue Trails's Customs (Updated 9/15/2022 - Valkrill Dra)

Thought I'd drop by with my latest satisfactory unit.

Rannveig's Might - Heroes of the Shining Dunes

Original figure image credit goes to Paizo, Inc.

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Maze of Death set. The name of the figure is Nightmare Dragon. The figure's base is double-spaced. An alternative figure usable for this unit is a Deep Cuts figure from the Pathfinder - Wave 12 set. The name of the figure is Nightmare Dragon. The figure is unpainted.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Card Text:
Spoiler Alert!

Designer's Thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!

Comments are welcome.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 08:26 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Blue Trails's Customs (Updated 9/22/2022 - Templar Hero)

Here we have something on which I've been sitting for a while.

Original figure image credit goes to Paizo Inc.

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Wrath of the Righteous set. The name of the figure is Mounted Alain.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Card Text:
Spoiler Alert!

Designer's Thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!

As always, comments are welcome.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 05:28 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Here we see one of the most blatant Band-Aid units in my custom library—albeit a fun Band-Aid.

Don't worry about it - it's a particular Band-Aid many customs creators, myself included, have applied over the years.

I like the design, especially how it's one of those that is a lot simpler than the amount of text on the card would indicate.

Quote:
I suspect he's a bit underpriced for what he offers, but it balances on the table because the classic Templars are overpriced.

I suspect he's actually still overpriced at 155; he's very similar to Sir Dupuis, who is himself overpriced at 150. If your goal is to help the Templar Knights be viable without altering their cost, it'll take some drastic measures because they are drastically overcosted, not only in terms of point cost but also start zone spaces.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 07:01 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It would take some play testing but I think Sherman Davies is correct... but not by a lot.

I would say he's probably around 130...You should take a squad of Templars and put them against two squads of Westons and Sir Denrick (would be 250 vs 240 - if memory and math don't fail me). The Horsemen may not win every time because of larger numbers but I would imagine with Bernie de Tremelay they'd come close to being slightly better than 50%.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 23rd, 2022 at 07:06 PM. Reason: I like this custom! May get snagged...
Old September 24th, 2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Don't worry about it - it's a particular Band-Aid many customs creators, myself included, have applied over the years.

I like the design, especially how it's one of those that is a lot simpler than the amount of text on the card would indicate.
Thanks. I shouldn't be surprised that many before me have tried to fix the Templars; they're fun when they work, but they're heavily disadvantaged as you mention below. Also, I'm glad that old Bernard doesn't come off as overly complicated, as I've been trying to limit the number of moving parts on my designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I suspect he's actually still overpriced at 155; he's very similar to Sir Dupuis, who is himself overpriced at 150. If your goal is to help the Templar Knights be viable without altering their cost, it'll take some drastic measures because they are drastically overcosted, not only in terms of point cost but also start zone spaces.
Those are good points. I balanced the unit's cost on the theoretical value of its powers while acknowledging the classic 'Scape trend of high costs on 7-Move+ units; a flat +1 Defense boost and limited Disengage are extremely enticing buffs on paper, but the Templar Cavalry might just be weak enough to to "absorb" the cost of such a power into their own 120-point price tag.

As for my exact goal, I think "usability" might be a better term. I don't expect to make the Templars an A-tier army, but I'd really just like to bring out a few squads of cavalry without getting wiped out by most competently built armies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
It would take some play testing but I think Sherman Davies is correct... but not by a lot.

I would say he's probably around 130...You should take a squad of Templars and put them against two squads of Westons and Sir Denrick (would be 250 vs 240 - if memory and math don't fail me). The Horsemen may not win every time because of larger numbers but I would imagine with Bernie de Tremelay they'd come close to being slightly better than 50%.
That's solid advice. KoW vs Templars with appropriate Heroes would be interesting because of Bernard's ability to counteract A Coward's Reward. Moreover, 130 sounds like a fair starting point for testing, so I'll add that tweak—and that matchup—to my to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS
Last edited by AMIS; Yesterday at 06:06 PM. Reason: I like this custom! May get snagged...
That's essentially the highest compliment you could give me as a creator. Thanks.
Old November 20th, 2022, 12:28 AM

Re: Blue Trails's Customs (Updated 11/19/2022 - Outsiders)

Posting Xenithrax's unofficial Book over in the AoA subforum reminded me of my own foray into the territory of one of its special powers.

Proftaka's Stratagem - Curses and Commoners

The first figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Ruins of Lastwall set. The name of the figure is Razmir Priest. The second figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Ruins of Lastwall set. The name of the figure is Razmir Cultist.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Card Text:
Spoiler Alert!

Designer's Thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!

---------------------------
It's not exactly difficult to trigger the Pale Mask Cult's Sigil Worship power, as Glyphs are important features to cover on any map, and one will likely run the Cult in an army composed primarily of Outsiders. Nevertheless, wouldn't it be nice to have a still easier mechanism? Also, perhaps there should be a use for the Glyphs of Brandar gathering dust in our collections...

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Rise of the Runelords set. The name of the figure is Denizen of Leng.

The Glyph of Asturh:
Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Card Text:
Spoiler Alert!

Designer's Thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!

Comments are always welcome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards