Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 5th, 2022, 03:59 PM

DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post

I've never tried a varnish before myself. What's the benefit of using it? Is it purely to protect the paitnjob, or does it provide some aesthetic quality?
It protects the paint job, basically if you are going to handle the minis a ton, drop them or shove them in a box where they are going to get knocked around I would highly recommend varnishing them. For models I usually do two coats just to make sure I didn't miss anything. For pieced that are handled a lot like Marvel Crisis Protocol templates I do 4-5 coats which might be excessive.

DISCLAIMER: Varnish is extremely bad for you to breath in. You should wear protection when using it and spray outside. You should do this with any rattlecan paint but doubly so with varnish.

I put my heroscape in storage a month so so ago but from memory they are semi shiny so I think a Satan varnish would be best but to each their own on that choice.
Old August 5th, 2022, 04:50 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart

Has there been any word on what the cards will look like this time around?

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old August 5th, 2022, 05:12 PM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker

Not that I’ve seen, but based on how Avalon Hill handled the relaunch of HeroQuest I’m guessing they will keep the cards the same. At least I certainly hope so. Speaking of cards, I don’t think the sleeves I used for the originals are still available, I should check on that….

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old August 5th, 2022, 06:20 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Chris Perkins from this site up in MA sold me a bunch of sleeves that fit when I got cards for all the VC characters last year. He had a lot of them.

Last edited by chas; August 5th, 2022 at 07:08 PM.
Old August 5th, 2022, 06:21 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAisBetter View Post
Quote:

I've never tried a varnish before myself. What's the benefit of using it? Is it purely to protect the paitnjob, or does it provide some aesthetic quality?
It protects the paint job, basically if you are going to handle the minis a ton, drop them or shove them in a box where they are going to get knocked around I would highly recommend varnishing them. For models I usually do two coats just to make sure I didn't miss anything. For pieced that are handled a lot like Marvel Crisis Protocol templates I do 4-5 coats which might be excessive.

DISCLAIMER: Varnish is extremely bad for you to breath in. You should wear protection when using it and spray outside. You should do this with any rattlecan paint but doubly so with varnish.

I put my heroscape in storage a month so so ago but from memory they are semi shiny so I think a Satan varnish would be best but to each their own on that choice.

Thank you! I'll look into trying this out myself and will most likely use it when I paint the new figures
Old August 5th, 2022, 06:32 PM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Thank you! I'll look into trying this out myself and will most likely use it when I paint the new figures
This stuff is by far the easiest and most consistent for a clean vibrant wash. It's beyond easy, like almost completely fool proof after a couple practices dips.

https://www.thearmypainter.com/basic...uickshade-dip/

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old August 5th, 2022, 08:50 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been out of the game for a while but I gotta think 3D printing has made its way into the community yes? Sorry if this is off topic, but I feel like there might be a market for CADing structures on top of the Scape tiles and printing them off. Something to look into I guess.
Old August 5th, 2022, 09:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUG! View Post
Hey Dad Scaper, thanks for the info! To clarify, the figs will be cast in the color of their general and have a wash, or the figs will be cast all in the same color, with a colored wash to match their general?
I asked Craig about this today (oblivious to DS's post this morning, I asked that question as well and got the same answer that DS just shared) and he said there "probably" won't be a wash on the figures.

I also asked about target market and I was told that they can't comment on that yet but to watch the upcoming announcements closely.

--

Independently of all that, when Chris Nadeau saw me at the booth, he came over and told me that he dropped some hints (he wouldn't say about what) in the "stream" today. He said no one on site at GenCon seems to have caught the hints (I didn't even know there was a stream, so...). If y'all don't know what I'm talking about maybe you can look into it. Some kind of GenCon Hasbro stream.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 5th, 2022, 09:40 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I see miniature painting as just part of the miniature gaming hobby. Heroscape was an anomaly .
To be fair, that anomaly is why a lot of people are here.

That said, it's all about the terrain for me.
Same here. I'm excited for the new characters/sculpts but I'm even more excited for some new terrain. June of 2008 "Ticalla Jungle" was the last time we saw new terrain shapes. "Battle for the Underdark" just recycled the medium and small glacier mountains.
Shadow and dungeon tiles were pretty sweet, though. Honestly the only reason I got that Master Set (and I got multiples - Bat Cave possibilities and all).
Oh, I agree, they were sweet. Poor choice of words on my part. Instead of "just recycled" I meant "simply reused"

And of course I got multiple BftU sets (4) since I like lots of terrain, but also, of course, because of the COMMON Deepwyrm Drow and UNCOMMON Feral Troll; which brings up another somewhat touchy subject that a couple other people have already mentioned ... packaging.

I'm very curious to see how they handle packaging of sets. Obviously you need a Master Set with all the components. Will we see an option to buy just the terrain of a Master Set as a Terrain Set? Will any Common/Uncommon figures in a Master Set also be sold separately? @Craig Van Ness said "We are making smart decisions this go around" when it comes to packaging. Hopefully, this means more purchasing options in terms of terrain vs uniques vs commons.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; August 6th, 2022 at 01:03 AM.
Old August 5th, 2022, 10:00 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1553012656?t=04h09m57s

in case anybody is interested this is the stream he refered to. i havent watched it yet myself but maybe somebody here can find the hints faster
Old August 5th, 2022, 10:48 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

They talked about a few of the units. It's implied that there will be squads.

There is a Shark character with a harpoon weapon that is hammerhead inspired. It is part of a "bunch" of monster hunters with oversize weapons to "slay dragons."

The 4 armed character has a gas mask and four blades. It is fast, agile, and able to "run straight into combat to slice and dice"

I think they called the dragon "Dryon Lifeborn Order Dragon."

Last edited by Hogg; August 5th, 2022 at 11:47 PM.
Old August 5th, 2022, 10:51 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hogg again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion