Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 5th, 2009, 12:40 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker
Re: Thoughts on wave nine?

Well these are what I think for the new set.

Braves and Brawlers: The Braves are the indian warriors and the Brawlers are either rebel gladiators, or gorrila warriors.

Dwarves and Repulsors: The Dwarves are carring large axes and they go for either Aquilla or Jandar (Hope its Jandar) and the Repulsors are maybe the new marro units or it could be Dwarves that have guns or something like that.

Dividers and Defenders: The Dividers are maybe the new marro unit or could be new type of viper squads for Ullar. The Defenders are either going to be knights, maybe some crossbows or something like that, for Jandar or some indian unit for Aquilla. (Maybe Calvary)

Heroes of the Moon: There is a slim chance but half the units in the packet will be kyrie heros for Aquilla, and the rest could be somthing else.

That is what I think.

Come to think of it if you think about Warhammer, the dwarves in there had guns and things like that so the Repulsors maybe Dwarven shooters. (Its a possibilitie.)

P.S. Now when this wave comes out, what will the new wave set be like, what are the chances that they will be either sending us a large expansion set or a new master set?
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:05 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-man View Post
Dwarves and Repulsors: The Dwarves are carring large axes and they go for either Aquilla or Jandar (Hope its Jandar) and the Repulsors are maybe the new marro units or it could be Dwarves that have guns or something like that.
I doubt it. It would just be called "Dwarves" if both squads (or whatever) were dwarves (I believe there was already a "Soulborgs" pack).

Quote:
P.S. Now when this wave comes out, what will the new wave set be like, what are the chances that they will be either sending us a large expansion set or a new master set?
Huh?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 5th, 2009, 06:46 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Huh?

Some people are just never satisfied Necro
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm guessing that the defenders could be knight archers that get some sort of bonus in castles or something.
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't help but think that the Braves are going to be Einar...
Anyway, you kept saying that the Indians should be for Aquilla, but you were only talking about Mayans, Aztecs, or Incans. They dont call Mayans "Braves", do they? No, they don't. When you hear "Braves", you think of the Indians you see in old western flicks and such. The ones from the Great Plains. Now, you only said that Aquilla would get them because they ived near jungle, didn't you? Well, these don't live anywhere near a jungle. I don't think, that with the current names we have, we don't have the foggiest chance of getting Aquillian Indians.

Also, I can't help thinking that they will be a ranged squad. After all, in all those cliche western films, the most common weapons you see them with are bows and tomahawks, right? Both are ranged weapons. I think they will probably be holding tomahawks in the sculpt and have a bow special attack (maybe similar to the Roman Archers), or be holding bows in the sculpt and have a tomahawk special attack. I don't think we have a chance of having a Roman Legos/Archers style make here, so it wouldn't be too outlandish to see them together in one squad.

And the Repulsors, they're probably going to be for Vydar, unless they are the Marro we've already seen. But, I can't put the idea out of my head that they are common heroes, maybe two to a pack (to make room for a possible four-man dwarf squad). I haven't much of an idea of what they might be, however.

For the Heroes of the Moon, we have practically a garuntee (never could spell that ) of an Indian Warchief and an Aquilla Kyrie. For the other units, possibles include:
-Gorilla Hero (if the repulsors or Brawlers are some kind of gorrilla squad)
-an Ullar kyrie (if "Defenders" are really "Defenders of Ullar")
-another Aquilla kyrie?
-Marro concept drawing
-A hero based on the "Dividers"

Based on what we have, this was most of what I could see at the moment.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:46 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Huh?

Some people are just never satisfied Necro
So the "Thoughts On Wave 9" thread is now officially the "Thoughts on Wave 10" thread?

Stupid inflation.
Old April 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I didn't read through this whole thread, so I apologize if I'm being repetitive, but to me "Repulsors" screams "robots". If it were "Repulsers" I might believe a monster/Marro/alien vibe, but they went with the "o" spelling, which, again, says robots to me.
As far as robots go, though, you really have three available factions. The Utgar "death" grouping, the Vydar "tron" grouping, and the Jandar Omnicrons.
Though it's possible they'll be "Repulsatrons" I remember buzz that we'd be seeing more Omnicrons a while back, and not just the Omnicron scout we got last wave. That leads me to believe that the Repulsors will in fact be a new Omnicron squad.
I suspect the Marro figure we got a sneak peak of will be in the hero pack.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 8th, 2009, 05:54 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
I'm guessing that the defenders could be knight archers that get some sort of bonus in castles or something.
Well maybe if the defenders are not knights, then there are two other options. One the defenders could just be the new viper squad or the Defenders could be some new Elven Royal guards. (Its a slim chance, but who knows.)

What do you think?
Old April 8th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My money's on the Defenders being Ullar's Protectors.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 8th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Defenders could also be pikemen with a Attack die bonuses on Cavalry Units.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:58 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Defenders could also be pikemen with a Attack die bonuses on Cavalry Units.
Lol wut?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:01 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My money's on the Defenders being Ullar's Protectors.
Same here!

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion