Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old June 30th, 2020, 01:37 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

The cut the wings off of Zelrig and printed him. The detail is fantastic. Only problem is gluing the wings back on. I have a flat surface to flat surface spot, but they will never be a strong contact. The resin printers are just too small for the dragons. I need to figure out a better way to slice so I have more contact surface to glue.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Last edited by Muskie; June 30th, 2020 at 02:30 PM.
Old June 30th, 2020, 02:54 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
The cut the wings off of Zelrig and printed him. The detail is fantastic. Only problem is gluing the wings back on. I have a flat surface to flat surface spot, but they will never be a strong contact. The resin printers are just too small for the dragons. I need to figure out a better way to slice so I have more contact surface to glue.

Turned out quite nice I think. The best way to get it to hold is to buy a pin vise which is a tiny hand twist drill and drill holes in each side and use a piece of paper clip or wire or the like to give it stability and then superglue together. It will hold just as good as if they were printed that way, or even better given it's metal.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old June 30th, 2020, 03:04 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I sliced off the wings as well. I also put some alignment posts built-in.

Zelrig body no base
Zelrig right wing
Zelrig left wing

I don't have a picture with the wings off, but I glued the wings on with some acrylic glue and Zelrig looks awesome!

Old June 30th, 2020, 06:29 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I sliced off the wings as well. I also put some alignment posts built-in.
Cleaned up and pegged. Very nice.

Old July 3rd, 2020, 01:42 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Atlaga (matte)
Venoc Warlord (matte)
Old July 5th, 2020, 12:23 AM

Motiv is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Smile Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Hi,

I have recently starting 3d printing and I am loving your models but, I noticed that your Wo-Sa-Ga file is "perfect". and it is perfect, I am just wondering how you were able to get this model perfect and if you plan on refining/updating any others. Thanks!
Old July 5th, 2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motiv View Post
Hi,

I have recently starting 3d printing and I am loving your models but, I noticed that your Wo-Sa-Ga file is "perfect". and it is perfect, I am just wondering how you were able to get this model perfect and if you plan on refining/updating any others. Thanks!
A member named @avoman made the model. I don't know if he or she will make more.

I don't know if you have seen scapedood's thread. He has a higher resolution scanner and has better models than mine.
Old July 5th, 2020, 05:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Hey everyone, I just found out about a really convenient and free resource for posing models. It takes a t pose model and gives it an armature that you can manipulate in blender. The site is called: www.mixamo.com. It is by Adobe. You load your obj T model humanoid character into the site and it makes it an armature within 2 minutes. Then you can download it and manipulate it to the pose you want in blender. Im not as specialized in 3d modeling so this is a godsend for someone like me. Try messing around with it. Im sure you'll love it for 3d printing characters.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 5th, 2020, 07:19 PM

Motiv is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks, I have seen these models on thingiverse but I did not know they had a thread here. Thanks for the info!
Old July 9th, 2020, 08:07 AM

Samanto is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi,

I might have been asked earlier in this huge thread but I<d like to know if there is a way to download all the stls at once without having to go through each link!

Thanks,
Old July 9th, 2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanto View Post
Hi,

I might have been asked earlier in this huge thread but I<d like to know if there is a way to download all the stls at once without having to go through each link!

Thanks,
In theory I guess WK could share the whole folder he has on drive but you'd only get what is currently in it and no updates after the time you downloaded it.

Old July 9th, 2020, 09:46 AM

Samanto is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

That would be what I'm looking for! We could check the thread from time to time to check for update and redownload the whole file!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing