Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 6th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Old Battlefields of Star Wars Scape (BoSS) thread

This thread will be used for all maps and scenarios for Star Wars Scape. Each person will get a chance to make a Map/Scenario in the way that figures are made by different people in the HoSS thread. After the Map/Scenario is posted on here then we will tweak it, then vote on if it should be a cleared Map/Scenario. Below are the available maps and scenarios to choose from:

A map will need to be playtested three times after it is nominated, with two of the playtests using the scenario idea. The map will then have any problems fixed and be playtested the in the same way three more times. Once it does not show any problems when playtested three times in a row, then it will be voted on for passing. If their are at least five votes from the HoSS community saying that it is good, then it shall be added to the finished map/scenario bracket below. It will also be converted into a HeroSkype map after it has been passed as a finished map.

List of Map Officials:
Tactical Terrain Officer:
Fi Skirata
HeroSkype Officer:
Heroscaper2010
Map Scouts:
Heroscaper2010
Arch-vile
Mac122
Fishguy1
One more spot available!

Official BoSS Rules and Guidelines:
Spoiler Alert!

List of Battles to Choose From:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Episode I:
The Tacking of Amidala's Palace & The Battle on Naboo.

Episode II:
Anikan's Rescue attempt & The Battle of Geonosis.

Episode III:
The Destruction of the Jedi Order & Mustafar.

Episode IV:
The Battle of Tantive IV, The Confrentation on Tatooine, The Infiltration of the Death Star.

Episode V:
The Battle on Hoth, Dagobah Swamp & Escape from Cloud City.

Episode VI:
The Battle on Endor & the Death Star Throne Room.

The Clone Wars:

Expanded Universe:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please let me now of any other battles to add to this list.

Finalized Maps:

Casual Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Scenario Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Latest needs and proposals:
Spoiler Alert!

Current Goals:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Porkins; February 16th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old January 8th, 2012, 01:59 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battles of Star Wars Scape (BoSS)

News!!!
Spoiler Alert!

Maps/scenarios in the Design phase:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps/Scenarios in the Playtesting phase:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps/Scenarios in the Final Editing Phase:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Fi Skirata; June 28th, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Definitely need a Mustafar lava map for Ep 3.

Cloud City could be a cool scenario...something like "Escape from Cloud City." A Dagobah swamp setting should be easy to pull off.

Also a Death Star Throne Room for Ep. 6

I think trying to do HeroSkype with these is probably too much to bite off right now. Let's get a few maps created and reviewed first. I have not followed the map design process that some of the map design groups use. Fi Skirata, could you look into the process for some of the other map groups like C3G, BoV...I'm sure there are more...and see what their process involves? Then suggest ways that we could improve and document the current proposed process.

Last edited by Porkins; January 10th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old January 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

The download for me isn't working. Anyone?
Old January 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

It worked for me, but it took a couple tries and I had to disable pop-up blockers.
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:15 PM

Re: Battlefields of Star Wars Scape (BoSS)

Quote:
Fi Skirata, could you look into the process for some of the other map groups like C3G, BoV...I'm sure there are more...and see what their process involves? Then suggest ways that we could improve and document the current proposed process.
The first thing that I see we need to do, is to get a group of four more people for voting and such. I will post up other things that I find on the other map groups and these people will vote on adding them or not, as well as voting on passed maps and such. Also, any maps or things to add to this thread need to have ' I propose (insert proposition)'. Lastly, only the people in the map group can make propositions of maps and new rules, but the entire comunity is encouredged to playtest and place input on maps in discussion. May I have four votes from the HoSS community for these two things?

Last edited by Fi Skirata; January 10th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Thanks, I was thinking, with the Battle of Geonosis, since there were no major sets made to garentee sand sufficiency, I thought we should make it into 3 parts:

Quote:
PART 1: Geonosis animal attack (Nexu, Ackley, and Reek vs. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme).

PART 2: Droids vs Jedi (This is where I think it was Mac that said we need Jedi Squads so we could do something like this). This could also include the death of Jango Fett, (or Mace Windo with some lucky rolls)

PART 3: Clone Rescue
We could include the battle with Count D. and Obi-Wan and Anakin. Or make it another map.

If no one is opposed to this I have Part 1 setup.
Old January 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Love this idea, but that map is way too small!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM

It is small on purpose, I made it that way to kind of be how the battle was in the movie. It didn't last long, and it's main purpose was to give Leia time to get the plans out of harms way. I could make it bigger, but the other problem is the fact of sets, if you use the castle walls for ship walls, they go quickly. This map already uses two FotA sets.
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:27 AM

I tend to agree with Scapemage. The scenario sounds great, but the map looks kinda plain. It might look better in real life, I'd have to build it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata
May I have four votes from the HoSS community for these two things?
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking for four people to concur with what is in that post? Or are you asking for four HoSS people to be "formal" members of the BoSS effort?
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking for four people to concur with what is in that post? Or are you asking for four HoSS people to be "formal" members of the BoSS effort?
I would like at least four votes from the HoSS community to pass the ideas that are it my post. If it is passed then four members, not necessarily the ones who voted, would need to join what you could call a 'BoSS board'. Then they will vote on future things and help submit maps and such. Lastly, I will hopefully be able to build and test my map sometime soon and will post the results.
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM

What you've got so far sounds good.

Rather than setting up the process bit by bit and having people vote on each bit, why don't you gather the info from other map groups and boil it all down, then write up the proposed process you'd like to use in a nice looking and logical format. Then the group can vote on that process and we can really get started on maps. I think we should have some structure laid out before we just throw maps out there. Maybe use the OP from HoSS as a guide or template for the process. Once the process is approved, it would be pasted into the first post.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape