Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 26th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Thanks for the suggestions gang. I made some edits.
Old August 26th, 2021, 09:46 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Meanwhile, here's the status of our factory with a few reveals:

Gh...Ghost Rider done
Lo... Loki very delayed
Gr... Green Lantern Corps. done
At... Atom delayed
An... Angel hopefully coming soon
Ca... Captain Atom delayed
Ma... Major Force very delayed
Ki... Kick Ass is ready for a card
De... Deathstroke done
Jo... Johann Krauss will likely be similar to my old Garada art card
Go... Golden Age Flash delayed (likely with a name change)
Ca... Catman very delayed
We... Werewolf by Night done
Co... Colossus done
An... Annihilus very delayed
Sa... Savage Dragon done
Sp... close to release
In...
Mr...
Bl...
Sh... close to release
US...
Be... Beast Boy is ready for a card
Nova is ready for a card
Psycho-Man update done with card to be posted soon
Titanium Man update pending to fix Stasis Beam
Falcon overhaul delayed
Liz Sherman update delayed
Abe Sapien update delayed

And of course, Sandwich Man is always on the radar.

Last edited by Matt Helm; August 27th, 2021 at 09:42 AM.
Old August 27th, 2021, 10:10 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I had a thought for the Kick-Ass defensive power.

After an opponent rolls attack dice against Kick-Ass, that opponent must reroll all skulls once.

Of course his defense would go back up to 3. I just thought it was a good way to represent him not feeling the attack & the attacker needing to do extra amount of damage to stop him.

But I am fine with your version of Tough also.
Old August 27th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I had a thought for the Kick-Ass defensive power.

After an opponent rolls attack dice against Kick-Ass, that opponent must reroll all skulls once.

Of course his defense would go back up to 3. I just thought it was a good way to represent him not feeling the attack & the attacker needing to do extra amount of damage to stop him.

But I am fine with your version of Tough also.
I love that defensive power idea and really want to use it on someone soon. My worry for Kick-Ass is that the power scales based on the strength of the opponent and I don’t think KA should work like that. The power basically reduces an attackers potency by 50% if every skull gets rerolled with a 50% chance of success. Therefore, a heavier hitter gets cut down in the same proportion as a light fighter. I just don’t know if KAs defense should be that effective against the Hulk. I know it’s a game and not a simulation but it might seem weird. It sounds like a defensive power for a magic user, a force field, or a speedster. It’s an excellent power with a fun mechanic for sure and should make it on a card.
Old August 27th, 2021, 10:43 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Old August 27th, 2021, 10:46 AM

After rolling defense for Kick-Ass, for each shield you rolled your opponent must reroll one skull they rolled once.
Old August 27th, 2021, 10:52 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
After rolling defense for Kick-Ass, for each shield you rolled your opponent must reroll one skull they rolled once.
Now THAT is awesome. Yes, I like that a lot. If I put his defense at 3, he probably stays around 55 points (maybe 60). I’ll have to roll a few times to see how that plays out.

Excellent edit!

Edit: oh boy, oh boy, OH BOY, lil’Helm is going to flip when he sees Nova. The card is stellar!
Old August 27th, 2021, 11:08 AM

Actually you could try the inverse of that power to give him better stressing power.

After rolling defense for Kick-Ass, for each blank or skull you rolled your opponent must reroll one skull they rolled once.
Old August 27th, 2021, 11:17 AM
Captain Underpants

As much as I love it, my mind is even getting to a simpler point. The wording of making an attacker go back and reroll after the defender has rolled starts to get awkward. It seems an unnecessary back and forth when we can just let KA reroll any dice that do not show shields. The percentage is lower but not by much considering it’s only one two or three dice he is rolling.

Then again, the most blocks he can ever get is 3. If the opponent rerolls based on the number of shields KA rolled (which could be 3) he could potentially block 6 (the 3 shields plus a rerolled 3 skulls that now fail).

Hmmmmmm need to think.
Old August 27th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Captain Underpants

What if we saved your idea for another and went with a modified Luke Cage defense? Luke’s power with his 5 defense works awesome to represent his bullet proof nature. KA might be similar but for adjacent attacks instead.

Defense:2
When defending with Kick Ass, each shield rolled counts for one additional block. If Kick Ass is defending against a normal attack from an adjacent opponent add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

This would probably put him at 60 - 65 points.

Edit: Can I just pause to admire Nova… it’s an A3n masterpiece.

Edit again: After running through some theoryscape with Lil'Helm, we decided to go back to the simple "Tough" like power that works against both normal and special attacks. Our fear was that we did not want to encourage opponents to chose Special Attacks or attack Kick Ass from range. He's not a character that one should strategize against to get an easier time to hit him. Basically, we want the opponent to want to run up and smack him in the face. It's basically what Kick-Ass is meant to do. Therefore, getting into complexities or differences based on the type of attack leads to styles of play we just didn't want to see. For example, we want Batman feeling good about punching him and not grappling away to throw baterangs. In the end, we are good with the auto shield against any and all attacks to represent his lack of pain nerves.

Last edited by Matt Helm; August 27th, 2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old August 27th, 2021, 08:24 PM

I am happy whatever way the helm factory decides. I was just spitballing before going to bed. I had another idea also:

After Kick-Ass receives wounds from an opponents attack, if he has not been destroyed remove one wound marker from this card.

This is kind of Tough after the attack. But again I am happy with your Tough power.
Old August 27th, 2021, 08:53 PM

While I was creating BB's card I realised there isn't SS. I definitely would've given him SS, if not permanently then added it to one of the powers. Also did you decide not to use Metahuman as a species? I don't recall either way. But if you haven't made that a hard rule, I think he should be.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations