Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old May 5th, 2016, 01:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape & Arena of the Planeswalker

Hopefully they will add more diverse point totals on the future releases to kind of fill in and mix and match for army building.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 5th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I hope so, because right now it feels like a bad game of Tetris, where you're missing several pieces (which was never really the case with Heroscape).

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 5th, 2016, 04:51 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think the Ruiner is great even without the Scions. The tentacle lash power is awesome against melee and 5 defense is solid against range. 8 life is great against everything. He would be way underpriced if he were a plain Heroscape figure.

I believe I played the Ruiner + Jace + something else blue in a 600 point mixed HS + AotP game. He was formidable.

My main point was just that it won't be a big deal as more and more units come out.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 5th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
My main point was just that it won't be a big deal as more and more units come out.
Fair enough. My main point is that having to devote a certain # points to a plainswalker artificially forces certain point values on future units, but we'll see how they handle that...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old July 3rd, 2016, 10:33 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

I finally got to play a full game using the Blender rules, http://www.heroscapers.com/community...7&postcount=79 . We played with a 500 point PW plus 200 points of HS figures. It worked really well, and I liked having the extra heroscape units.
Old July 4th, 2016, 03:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Glad you liked the rules a handful of us volked up @igelkott . Those are not the only variants out there, but glad you liked them nonetheless.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 4th, 2016, 06:05 PM

Played 2 more games today, 500 PW + 300 HS and then 600 PW +200 HS. I really like the variety you can get with adding HS stuff to the PW. This is now my preferred way to play. The only change to the blender rules was to allow enchantments on HS units. We didn't see any problems with doing that.
Old July 4th, 2016, 06:09 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Did you try using AotP units as heroscape units? without Planeswalker
Old July 4th, 2016, 06:15 PM

No I haven't done that. I really like the added tactical options of being able to play cards and being able to summon creatures, so I much prefer having a PW on my team.
Old July 5th, 2016, 09:06 AM

FYI, I posted more info about the games we played along with a few pictures on BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/160...oscape-blender
Old July 5th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by igelkott View Post
No I haven't done that. I really like the added tactical options of being able to play cards and being able to summon creatures, so I much prefer having a PW on my team.
You could still use a PW and pull in some classic scape. Running the TARN, Marro Warriors, or various Samurai with any Planeswalker would likely work just fine.

Actually running any common squad as a unique would likely offset the cost of being able to enchant them. For example a single squad of 4th seems like it would be correctly priced as unique if you could enchant them with White cards.

There are also a bunch of heroes that you could draft into a coloured army with no issues (Dund notwithstanding).

Just don't use the Krav, boosted Krav simply wouldn't be fair.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 5th, 2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by igelkott View Post
You could still use a PW and pull in some classic scape. Running the TARN, Marro Warriors, or various Samurai with any Planeswalker would likely work just fine.
Umm... that's what we did. The question I answered no to was using Creatures in HS without a PW.
Quote:
Actually running any common squad as a unique would likely offset the cost of being able to enchant them. For example a single squad of 4th seems like it would be correctly priced as unique if you could enchant them with White cards.
I just looked through all spells and all squad enchantments so far specifically say unique only, so no need to worry about enchanting common squads (I don't have Innistrad yet so I haven't looked at those yet.)
Quote:
There are also a bunch of heroes that you could draft into a coloured army with no issues (Dund notwithstanding).
We were just drafting whatever we felt like. No noticeable problems.
Quote:
Just don't use the Krav, boosted Krav simply wouldn't be fair.
We actually did use them and didn't notice any problems, but it was only one game. They're hard to hit at range? then summon the firecats adjacent to them and let them rip their throats out... no more Krav (I'm exaggerating of course so don't jump on me )

I suspect that using HS figures would completely reorder the power ratings of the HS units and probably this would vary by which PW they are with. For example, we noticed that the white creatures are Soldiers so Marcus Gallus boosted them with extra movement making him better to work with white than any of the other colors. I'm sure there's a bit more of stuff like that. To me this is goodness, and is a whole new area of rediscovery opportunity. Maybe there are some that will be completely broken, but we can deal with those when they appear.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender