Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 25th, 2018, 11:04 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Interested, but I'm committed to running First Martians for 6+ hours at Paragon City Games that day. I will be a good 'Scaper for February and not schedule anything in the way. How's that?
Your absence at our monthly is for a noble cause, and you are forgiven. We will see you next month!
Old January 27th, 2018, 08:53 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

What a stellar start to the new year! Thanks all for coming out to the January monthly. Congrats to @Sir Heroscape for his undefeated streak! And happy birthday @antmarchingroves

Details for the February monthly have already been hammered out - check them out in the following post, or in the first post of the thread. There are few formats I enjoy more than Team Battle!

Last edited by The Dewk; January 29th, 2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old January 27th, 2018, 08:53 PM

UTAH MONTHLY FEBRUARY 2018

When: February 24th, 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always quite welcome as well, of course.)

Format: It's February - love is in the air! That means it's time for TEAM BATTLE! You and an ally will each bring a separate 300 point army, and fight together to defeat your two opponents. Remember the rules regarding "you control" vs. "friendly" - so Raelin won't do anything for your partner, but Rhogar could (and be aware that glyphs are worded so that they only work for your army)!

- 300 point armies
- 12 figure limit (extra tiles will be provided if needed)
- SoV & C3V allowed, official Marvel allowed. RotV Raelin, Major Q9, and Deathreavers banned.
- There cannot be more than one of any given unique hero or unique squad on a team (sorry, no doubling up Laglor’s range bonus).
- Glyphs: Initiative+8, Defense +1, D20 +1, Move +2, Wound (Wannok), Unique Attack +1
- At least 50 points of unique hero(es) required between the two players on a team
- Four 55 minute rounds
- Roll for Initiative for each player, then take turns in a "figure 8" (as it would be too advantageous if one team were to get two turns in a row).
- If you win the round/game after your teammate has been eliminated, you'll be entered into a raffle for a cool prize!

No lunch break, but pizza will be provided at this one

If you are in need of a partner, post here and we’ll get you set up with someone!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE POST IF YOU’LL BE IN ATTENDANCE. It helps with the logistics of a lot of things.

Also know that the March Monthly will not be held on the last Saturday of March. It will be held March 24th. Plan accordingly!

Last edited by The Dewk; March 7th, 2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old January 27th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll be there.
Old January 29th, 2018, 02:15 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Yay team battles! You can count on True and me being there, and I'm going to see if I can't get my brother and best friend to come too! Both haven't played in years, but with how great our team formats are I figure it would be a great time to get them to come in for a few games. I'll let you know if they're in.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 30th, 2018, 01:46 PM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
What a stellar start to the new year! Thanks all for coming out to the January monthly. Congrats to @Sir Heroscape for his undefeated streak! And happy birthday @antmarchingroves
Thanks for another awesome Tournament! Although I went 1-3 with Mok and the Axegrinders (y'all should have played a little easier against me on my b-day ), it was still a very fun time.

You can count me in for the team battle next month!
Old February 2nd, 2018, 06:54 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

So after the tournament last week True and I were wondering just how many times Marro Stingers have seen play at our Monthlies, since we were pretty sure they're the most used and basically are the Utah meta. I've been compiling some numbers since then (during my more boring classes) and thought I'd share with you guys in case you're interested. Since we began last year the Stingers have made an appearance in 18 armies with an overall total of 57 squads used. (This is using the information that The Dewk keeps in each tournament post, which means that the June Monthly isn't included, since the armies weren't recorded there. Pretty sure I remember Stingers being there too, though).

Another fun fact: I learned that when Sir Heroscape won the tournament last week, he was also the first person to use James Murphy in an army. It was also the third time someone used Mezzodemons (Sir Heroscape was also the first to represent them).

On a less unique note, Sir Heroscape's army was one of 15 with the Krav in it.

We have also used about 75% of the Classic 'Scape figures (I'm working on the C3V stuff).

Anyway, just some fun things to share. I can share more fun facts about our meta if there's interest.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 2nd, 2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Anyway, just some fun things to share. I can share more fun facts about our meta if there's interest.
DO IT!! I've been wanting to crunch numbers and see stats and the true Utah meta myself (in my mind, it is above average use of melee squads, Stingers, and Krav), but if you're offering to take it on... please! People love that stuff!

EDIT: Stingers were definitely at the June monthly. @DewNoHarm lost Captain America to a single OM on Stingers.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 07:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So after the tournament last week True and I were wondering just how many times Marro Stingers have seen play at our Monthlies, since we were pretty sure they're the most used and basically are the Utah meta. I've been compiling some numbers since then (during my more boring classes) and thought I'd share with you guys in case you're interested. Since we began last year the Stingers have made an appearance in 18 armies with an overall total of 57 squads used. (This is using the information that The Dewk keeps in each tournament post, which means that the June Monthly isn't included, since the armies weren't recorded there. Pretty sure I remember Stingers being there too, though).

Another fun fact: I learned that when Sir Heroscape won the tournament last week, he was also the first person to use James Murphy in an army. It was also the third time someone used Mezzodemons (Sir Heroscape was also the first to represent them).

On a less unique note, Sir Heroscape's army was one of 15 with the Krav in it.

We have also used about 75% of the Classic 'Scape figures (I'm working on the C3V stuff).

Oooo I love stats!! Heck it’s what I do for work. Please do share. This is very intriguing to me.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:49 PM

Neato! I'll post a more comprehensive list when I finish it up and get it organized somehow. I think I'll also post the units we haven't used yet, and maybe start some kind of challenge to Catch 'em All!! or something like that.

Just for funsies, any guesses on the top 10? Or here's an interesting one: the unit after Stingers that has had the most total squads played. Get it right and I'll ... acknowledge it somehow.

10 Points Under Videos

Old February 3rd, 2018, 12:44 AM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

I'll be there this month for sure! Wanted to do the "team battles monthly" last August, but my wife was having a baby so ...

Not sure if my sons will be coming this month, so I'll report that later.

And hooray for stats! Used to teach stats; still use 'em on a daily basis. I'll take the challenge that @BiggaBullfrog gave. The unit used most after the Stingers in the Utah meta? I was only at the monthlies 5 times last year, but my guess is the wonderfully fun Venoc Vipers. (If that's not right, I'll have a second go and guess units at the other end of the movement spectrum - the remarkably strong KoW).

-DNH

Last edited by DewNoHarm; February 3rd, 2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Just for funsies, any guesses on the top 10? Or here's an interesting one: the unit after Stingers that has had the most total squads played. Get it right and I'll ... acknowledge it somehow.
Well, if Krav don’t count due to their uniqueness, I’m thinking it was the Knights of Weston. Possibly 10th Regiment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events