Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 15th, 2006, 02:46 PM
ultradoug

"home" page.

I miss my "home" page that like, has all the topics people are talking about.
can we get that, maybe if you "dont" want it you dont have to use it, but I want it.
plleeesse? Thanks.
(watches this topic start a flame war, and adds gas to it)
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: "home" page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
I miss my "home" page that like, has all the topics people are talking about.
can we get that, maybe if you "dont" want it you dont have to use it, but I want it.
plleeesse? Thanks.
(watches this topic start a flame war, and adds gas to it)
Just use the "View all topics since last visit" option. It works so much better than that front page you miss so much.... Honestly, I don't understand why anybody would prefer the old method after using this feature.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:56 PM
ultradoug

I'm ultradoug.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The "View all topics since last visit" is FAR superior to a front page scroll, and so we will not be using a current forum activity home page for a multitude of reasons.

I will not be changing my mind on this matter.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:07 PM
ultradoug

ok i clicked it
and its sorta like it
so I'll just have my browser rename it home page and book mark that and pretend its that.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:07 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Yes, but is there any chance that the "heroscapers.com" logo could link the forum index or the "Posts since I was last here link" rather than the actual home page? I keep hitting the banner and getting blasted back to the home page, then having to hit the community button again (2 extra clicks). I know it's whiney, but help a roomie out.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Good. Don't change it. I like it this way. If I want to view all the stuff in Other Media, or just find a particular post, the standard index works great. If I want to see what people are talking about, I can emulate the 'latest threads' page with that 'all posts since last visit.' It's a massive improvement.

Now if we got our titles back - that would be grand. That would be worth doing some lobbying.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Yes, but is there any chance that the "heroscapers.com" logo could link the forum index or the "Posts since I was last here link" rather than the actual home page? I keep hitting the banner and getting blasted back to the home page, then having to hit the community button again (2 extra clicks). I know it's whiney, but help a roomie out.
ninth, just click on Forum index. Save that as your fav. Whenever you vist, you will miss the awesome regularly updated front page news item and come right to the forum index. Then just hit the view posts since last visit and you are in!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Yeah your not the only one to complain, I'm going to eventually try to make the front page link over in the menu right before FAQ and make the logo take you to forum main.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:24 PM
ultradoug

if only it could be someones head or something, nah only a deranged lunitic would have a head link you back to the main forums.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:27 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
ninth, just click on Forum index. Save that as your fav. Whenever you vist, you will miss the awesome regularly updated front page news item and come right to the forum index. Then just hit the view posts since last visit and you are in!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Yeah your not the only one to complain, I'm going to eventually try to make the front page link over in the menu right before FAQ and make the logo take you to forum main.
Thanks guys, I'm not trying to be high maintenance, I'm just really good at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
if only it could be someones head or something, nah only a deranged lunitic would have a head link you back to the main forums.
ROFL

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
I like it how it is now. Anyone who disagrees w/ me is a Hee hee. I like the new emoticons. They kick ass!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online