Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Gorillinators

If the card writers want to make a defensive special power that's impervious to defense-bypassing, they can and will. For instance, Isamu's card says, "If Isamu is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to vanish." If MBS stares at Isamu and takes away his die, then attacks him and gets a skull, Isamu will make a Vanish roll. If he fails, he then rolls 0 defense. What about Sgt. Drake? MBS can Stare away his defense dice from 6 spaces out, but that doesn't deactivate Thorian Speed.

Likewise, the Gorillinators could have said "If a Gorillinator is attacked with a normal attack, always add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled." If MBS forces you to roll 0? Fine, so add 1 to 0. They could have used wording that established Tough as independent of rolling physical defense dice, just like Disappearing Ninja or Glacier Camouflage, but they chose not to.
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just wanted to point out that as a Tricky unit that follows Vydar, the Gorillinators benefit from Agent Skahen's Cover Fire.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM

I LIKE PI! Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
Just wanted to point out that as a Tricky unit that follows Vydar, the Gorillinators benefit from Agent Skahen's Cover Fire.
You said that 2 years ago and they still haven't added it

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307.. .
Advocating for TSA as KC did for Runa.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LIKE PI! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
You said that 2 years ago and they still haven't added it
Sorry. dnutt99 is no longer updating his BOOKS. I'll update them when PMed with the requested update. Usually, if you have an update to suggest, PM the author.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

They help Otonashi, too.
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

G'nators are one of my favorite squads. I just need some Nakita Agents now
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just used these over the weekend. They make an amazing screen for the Nakitas. With their amazing 7 move and Tough (when it works). I didn't even attack with them one single time over two games. Just used them as meat shields...I even made it to the edge of my opponent's start zone to tie up some his units there.

When played right, no one should ever get close enough to your Nakitas to hit them. That's what happened in my first game. In my second game, though, I underestimated Mimring's fireline...ouch ( I did manage to engagement strike 2 Lizards in a row, though, so that was kinda cool). That's the one problem. G-nators and Nakitas are useless against special attacks. SA's bypass the Nakitas Smoke Powder and the G-nators Tough, both of the things that really make these units special (aside from the movement bonding). Otherwise, they run the board like Blasts/Glads...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; September 4th, 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: It's my RIGHT!
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Yes, the G'nators would definitely benefit from a revision. Either alter Tough to be like Warforged Resolve or make them 10-20 points cheaper.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Yes, the G'nators would definitely benefit from a revision. Either alter Tough to be like Warforged Resolve or make them 10-20 points cheaper.
See Competitive Unit Congress thread for an alternate (unofficial) version of the G'Nators and other cards.
Old June 19th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So played these armies:
G-nators x3
Nakitas
Laglor

versus

Knights x3
Gilbert
Nilfheim

It was a fun match. Laglor got a couple lucky rounds off on Nilfheim and neutralized him after he had killed all the nakitas. My opponent then had to spend the rest of the time trying to kill monkeys with generally only three attack. Tough activated a lot. But alas the G-nators could not do much against the knights own heavy armor and they ended up losing leaving Gilbert (one wound taken) and five knights left.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So Nilf got over the Monkey screen and was able to wipe out your Nakitas? Rough. Yeah, nothing they can do against his Ice Shard SA...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old June 20th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That knight army is very strong. I faced that more than a few times at Gen Con with mixed results. They are tough to defeat with many armies.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units