Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
How is everyone dealing with Q9 these days?

I'm sure this topic has been discussed over and over, but I didn't see a recent thread for it - How are you dealing with Q9 efficiently? My best guess at how to take him down is the Kozuke Samurai. The best time for then would be at an initiative switch, where you can charge him turn 1 and get three 5-die swings in. Hopefully you inflict a wound or 2, and that makes Q9 begin to worry about using his special attack in fear of Counter Strike.

I also thought Theracus + Major X17 may be an option, i just with X17's melee defense worked on all attacks

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:29 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Krug can kill anything. No kidding, I've taken out both Charos and Jotun with him. I am sure that he would also be an effective counter measure for Q9 even though I haven't had the situation come up in a game yet.

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I've seen Krug take him down so easily that I in fact vowed not to take him to the next tourny.
Its too up in the air if he will live with the guys I've played lately. That in unacceptable for 180 points...

::Nathan Hoel::
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Major X-17 isn't good against Q9 because his +4 defense doesn't work vs special attacks. Jotun, Nilfheim, Krug, Minions, Su Bak Na (units with high attack) all do well against Q9. Dw7k does well too
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM

haleon has disabled reputation
You can also try a different tact and don't kill him. Just find ways to limit his effectiveness.

Get someone with a good (enough) defense and a low cost adjacent to him and he has to attack them. If their defense is high enough (say 4-6), then it becomes a crapshoot for him to use the Queglix special, as there's no real guarantee it will work, and even if it does, it may take several tries.

I am, of course, suggesting this with the roborats in mind. Nice and cheap and you can use scatter to move more into adjacency with Q9 without wasting order markers.

I've not tried it yet, but it seems like it should work pretty well as mitigating Q9's effectiveness with a minimal amount of effort.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
- Kurt Vonnegut
Old February 22nd, 2007, 04:27 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I have only played against a Q-9 once and I don't own one myself. As others have said I use Krug against him although the one time I played against him I killed him with Mimring. (Krug was Mimring's back-up)

Old February 22nd, 2007, 07:11 PM

fejkl Woo who?
I've tried the DW7 thing once. I rolled a 2. I lost.

Next time, I hope to roll a 16 or higher.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I deal with Q9 the same way I deal with all of my problems:

samurai.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro knows what's in an order marker mrbistro knows what's in an order marker mrbistro knows what's in an order marker
I hide Q9 behind my wife's craft supplies. My friends have not learned how to counter this move yet.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:14 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
I hide Q9 behind my wife's craft supplies. My friends have not learned how to counter this move yet.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:34 AM

Adam has disabled reputation
Q9 hasn't seen much action in my house since this one game with all my freinds where i owned Q9 with 1 orc archer.

Q9 was behind a ruin and a medium sized forest with mostly 15 trees (the ones with the 2 rocks), and i had my orc archer squad w/ swoggy moving in. i had 1 astrid and one move glyph, so all archers adjacent to swoggy got 3 attack, but unfortunately, the swoggy got pinned down by X17 so my archers had to disconnect from him to get in range. two of them were nailed down by the surviving gladitrons from mimrings massacre (funny story) and the kravs/carr stole my astrid by the time i got in range of Q9. My opponent thought i was going to try to free my swoggy/archers, so his Q9 had no marker on it. I scored a hit to Q9, end of round. New round, guess what Q9 has 4 order markers on him. . . . I wonder who he will move. Q9 tries queglix with a 1, 2, 3, 3 (its 9 right?, well it got progressingly larger) roll. each miss. i keep gaining height on a nearby tower and score a range plus 4 on the top, whilst i keep shooting at Q9. He had to walk around so many trees it took him 2 turns to get in range again, while i keep shooting at him. My buddy decides to get Q9 supported, unengaging my other archers/swog. my archers pick them off quickly and the swog engages x17 and attacks, and kills. So meanwhile my archer on the tower has Q9 down to 2 health and he is back in range. My archer gets lucky and with his height advantage and a whiff on Q9's part, kills. My enemy then falls under the force of marros and t-rex bites.

yup... you just gotta phsyche out your enemy.

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:12 AM

dickflea Woo who?
I think the consenses is to take Q9 out with the samurai.

This i have done once using Kaemon Awa, Tagawa Samurai Archers and Tagawa Samurai. However it was still really close.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion