Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 24th, 2019, 01:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Nice that you had some control in deleting 90% of the cart

I actually did just find the skirmish mode for Legion @TREX

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...ng-strategies/
Pretty cool I think. I guess miniature market is doing a couple rounds of sales so there may be a chance that more items go on sale that have to do with more of the games I like to play. Not sure if you have seen the mandalorian yet but I just finished the 3rd episode and Im loving it. I swear Ive enjoyed this show probably more than the sequel trilogy. I really hope we get some of these characters for legion. My daughter absolutely loves the little guy in the show. Im 3d printing a legion sized version of him right now. I got to play my first completely painted walking dead yesterday. We added a box of painted zombicide prison zombies as well that I also had painted. We did a 4 player free for all and it was a great time. If they do any black friday deals on the call to arms stuff I might bite for that. Im going to go on a painting rampage today. I still need to prime a bunch of boxes of minis as well. I found a nice alternative to curing the minis by putting them in the same room as my woodburning stove. It cures them fast drying them quicker by the fire. I dont do it unless I need to though because it stinks up the house a little still.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 25th, 2019, 06:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@TREX

I don't have Disney+ yet. We'll eventually get it, and I am interested in seeing the Mandalorian for sure. I'm more interested in seeing their Marvel series', but that seems to be a while down the road.

It's great that you got a 4 player game of Walking Dead in. Had ti be fun. Hopefully some Call to Arms goes on sale for you to check out.

I've been playing a lot of Marvel Champions living card game lately, having 9 games in over the last couple weeks. I didn't get the Marvel Crisis Protocol miniatures game because I am trying to be strong and not get into a different genre and scale. So I get my superhero fix with the card game. Loving it.

I did play a solo game of Fallout over the weekend. It was super fun. I'll post a report here when I get a chance.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 25th, 2019, 01:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
@TREX

I don't have Disney+ yet. We'll eventually get it, and I am interested in seeing the Mandalorian for sure. I'm more interested in seeing their Marvel series', but that seems to be a while down the road.

It's great that you got a 4 player game of Walking Dead in. Had ti be fun. Hopefully some Call to Arms goes on sale for you to check out.

I've been playing a lot of Marvel Champions living card game lately, having 9 games in over the last couple weeks. I didn't get the Marvel Crisis Protocol miniatures game because I am trying to be strong and not get into a different genre and scale. So I get my superhero fix with the card game. Loving it.

I did play a solo game of Fallout over the weekend. It was super fun. I'll post a report here when I get a chance.
I didnt get disney plus yet either. You can do a seven day trial of it for free. So far I didnt really see anything else on there that I wanted to watch at the moment but it was fun to get to see what was on there.

Old November 26th, 2019, 11:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I haven't had time yet to do my report for last weekend's game of Fallout, but figured I'd share the radioactive containers set I painted up for Fallout. These were from the official webstore.

With Fallout minis for scale

Also, I did end up doing some Black Friday shopping, as some places already have stuff on sale. I ordered a double-sided 3x3 neoprene game mat from Tablewar. It has a cave floor on one side and grasslands on the other side (despite it saying forest).

The cave floor side will work well for some wasteland gaming for Fallout, or just a dirt play area for Rangers of Shadow Deep or whatever. I can use it also for a cave floor with my walls I got a few months ago. The grasslands side is a nice general surface for just about any game. I got the 3x3 because the double-sided 6x4 mat I have downstairs setup, is more challenging to take other places. I either have to make sure there is a 6x4 table available, or I have to bring my folding table and boards that go on it to make it 6x4, which can be a pain the older I get. I have a 4x4 tundra and ocean mat, a 3x3 cobblestone mat and the 6 2x2's for The Walking dead. Between the cobblestone and the new 3x3 mat/s I ordered, I'll be able to have a variety of choices to be able to take them other places and not have to require a lot of space. Many of the games I play are meant to be played on 3x3 anyway, so I'm happy to downsize mats.

It was normally $65, but marked down to $52. Shipping was $10, so $62 for essentially 2 mats, including shipping is fine for me. It's the only thing I'll buy this Black Friday, despite my buddy Chris listing many gaming sites on our local hobby FB page.

http://www.tablewar.com/3x3-dbl-side...6pNA1wN2B9ey34

Old November 27th, 2019, 01:35 AM
"like" happy

That scenery is great. I would also love a few more mat choices. Im going to have to take a look at a few places. I checked out that store and it seems the ones I thought were cool were 3x22 inches which isnt quite what Im after. Id love to get a post apoc or badlands mat and also a cobblestone one. Ill have to look around. Great finds.

Old November 27th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Here's a 4x4 Cobblestone mat from Frontline Gaming. They are in the U.S. , so shipping is less than the European companies. But, last time I got a mat from them, it was a 4x4 Ocean mat and it was shipped folded in a nox. It had creases that weren't going away. I bitched about it and sent it back to them after they sent me a new one shipped in a tube box, where it was rolled up. The 4x4 Tundra mat I had gotten from them previous to that was shipped rolled up and was fine. They said the tube shipping got more expensive and were trying to keep costs down for customers. I had emailed Tablewar ti see how they shipped it and it comes rolled up in tube box, with shipping only $10. So I would email Frontline Gaming first to be sire how they ship it and if there is a return policy for creases that don't come out.

https://store.frontlinegaming.org/fl...stone-4x4.html

Old November 30th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX

There is a really good Black Friday sale at Blacksite Studios this weekend. 20% off and free shipping.

https://blacksitestudio.com/shop/

They have the discount code on the site, but here it is anyway.

BSBF2K19

I got some black and silver shipping containers with doors that open. Also got some prepainted lockers and some post apocalyptic walls with a walkway and sheet metal and tire sides.

Old November 30th, 2019, 03:16 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
@TREX

There is a really good Black Friday sale at Blacksite Studios this weekend. 20% off and free shipping.

https://blacksitestudio.com/shop/

They have the discount code on the site, but here it is anyway.

BSBF2K19

I got some black and silver shipping containers with doors that open. Also got some prepainted lockers and some post apocalyptic walls with a walkway and sheet metal and tire sides.
I took a look at that stuff. It all looks pretty sweet. As far as terrain goes though I have a ton of it. Between printing it with the 3d printer and my crafting endeavors I have enough to fill up dozens of tables at once. As far as shopping goes I picked up a 3 box pack of daqan heavy crossbowmen for runewars, and then picked up 4 boxes of factions for wrath of kings. I didnt realize that they dont come with inserts in their bases. Its kinda weird because they have pegs on the bottoms of the feet but no base insert with pegs. Definitely a little more work to get them based. Im thinking Ill just measure the slots and 3d print them inserts. Itll be much easier and cheaper than using greenstuff or something of the like. Between the wrath of kings boxes and the last couple of runewars boxes that added another 114 more minis to build and paint. I was hoping to add some more Legion units but wasnt sold on any sale prices( or the lack thereof) that were available. I was ultimately more excited by the deals on ps4 games and have took a day or so to completely veg out playing video games. I did have a chance to completely prime all of my runewars armies and all the rest of my modern zombicide boxes of figures. It looks like Ive got plenty of stuff to paint over the winter now.

Old December 7th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

I started a solo campaign for Fallout. I wanted to try to see how the same group of survivors could deal with several scenarios in a row. I did restart each survivor with their starting health between scenarios and let them keep any items that they had found, but if any died, then they stayed dead and weren't replaced between scenarios.

My group of survivors were led by Preston Garvey, and also containing Sturges, Cait, the Tech I named Steve, a Settler I named Paige and another Settler I named Owen.

The first scenario is called Into the Sewer, and it's an official scenario that can be found in the FWW Co-op handbook that can be downloaded on the Modiphius site. In this scenario, the survivors start out near a sewer entrance that is locked and requires 2 keys to open up. The keys are hidden somewhere on the board, with each one being located separately under one of the blue Investigation Markers. They will be locked up in a place that will require a survivor to pick a lock to gain access to the key or to hack a computer to gain access to the key. There are several of the Investigation Markers spread around, with some of them also having blank undersides or a toolbox that represents a searchable. When a searchable is revealed, it's replaced by a red searchable token that has either a straight up free item symbol under it, or it may require a skill test to gain an item, or it can be a danger situation and require a danger card to be drawn.

Meanwhile, the reason the survivors are in a hurry to get into the sewer, is because they are being chased by a band of Brotherhood of Steel troops, led by Knight Captain Cade. They are chasing down the survivors because they believe one of the survivors is a Synth, which the BoS think are an abomination and need to be exterminated, as well as any human sympathizers.

The survivors have 8 rounds to get both keys, unlock the sewer entrance and escape.

Starting positions, with the survivors in the center by the sewer entrance and the Brotherhood of Steel entering from the top left corner.

The BoS advance slowly toward the carport and corner of the house. They have long range laser weapons, and were able to get some early shots at the survivors, despite some intervening terrain.

The survivors fanned out to search for the keys, with Preston hanging closest to the sewer to offer some cover fire. Paige made her way between the house and the tobacco shop, and was able to reveal the Investigation Marker behind the house as one of the key locations, since the key tokens were numbered 1 and 2.

Knight Captain Cade leads the advance. He does have T-60 Power Armor equipped, so he's feeling pretty brave. Paige and Preston focus fire on him. Paige had suffered a wound earlier from his minigun.

Cait joins the fight against Cade and blows his power armor off (basically just reduced the power armor to 0 health so any damage will now go to Cade directly. The armor still boosts his strength and defense) with her shotgun.

A Radscorpion enters play and is yet another threat the survivors have to deal with.

Sturges, Paige and Owen finish off Knight Captain Cade.

Cait first shot the Radscorpion and then charged at it with her bat. Preston is able to shoot into close combat and choose his target because of his special ability.

Tech Steve had gotten the first key from a spot south of the crashed vehicles and not far from where the Radscorpion had entered. He unlocked one of the locks on the sewer entrance and made his way to the front of the house. The BoS troops had been exchanging fire with the survivors during this whole time.

The last of the BoS had fought bravely at the end, with ranged and close combat action. Tech Steve made his way through the house to pick the lock to get the second key, while Sturges, Paige and Owen fended off the BoS.

It was touch and go at the end, but the survivors were able to race to the sewer entrance, Steve opened it and entered, with all the others following just in time, as a radiation storm came sweeping through and game Paige a little radiation damage just before she entered the sewer.

Lots of fun. The survivors took some damage here and there, but were able to survive to fight another day. Cait was hopped up on Buffout and that helped her shooting just a little, which allowed her to be the MVP in blowing off Cade's power armor (severely damaged it) and putting most of the damage on the Radscorpion.

Old December 8th, 2019, 02:20 AM
"like" happy

Very cool battle report @Hahma . It sounds like the theme comes through well with that game. It looks like Im going to possibly get to play a game of legion skirmish in tomorrow with my one brother. It should be a bloodbath on a 3x3 map with 500pts. I have been sick a lot lately missing a decent amount of work. I havent been able to do much with hobbying even. I did get in a little hobby time with my niece today. I taught her some more painting techniques. I let her have a dragon model of mine to paint and keep. She did a great job and then painted a giant centipede monster for me while I worked at assembling and basing my wrath of kings armies I bought on black friday. I 3d printed 90 base inserts prior and had glued them into the bases. Today I finished assembling the remaining 66 of 90 models and drilled out their bases to mount them on. It was a bit of work but now have 3 factions of wrath of kings to try out. I got out some runewars stuff too but didnt dive in to those today. Since Ive been sick Ive been playing video games a bit instead. I have a few brothers trying to get me to run some dnd as well. I told them it would be fun but I dont have the manuals and they have to commit to more gaming time if they want me to jump into it. Ive got a feeling I wouldnt be too bad as a DM. I have access to disney plus now and have been watching the mandalorian as it comes out and am impressed unlike I had been with the latest trilogy. I highly recommend it.

Old December 9th, 2019, 01:37 AM
"like" happy

Alright. So I got in a game of the legion skirmish format. Ill have to say, there's definitely a place for it. It has different objectives that you can do. We did a randomized draw and got the deathmatch with the setup with two half circles for startzones. Also clear conditions. It was a quick and bloody battle. Ill definitely be playing this format much more even though I got severely whooped on by my brother. I would love to do a small scale battle like that with a 4 player game on a 3x3 mat. It would be crazy. I will say that there is less room to try more elaborate tactics. It still works quite well.

Old December 9th, 2019, 06:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Cool. I hope to try that format sometime, as it seems that it would be easier to get to the table. Unfortunately my buddies have been busy lately and haven't been available, thus a lot of solo gaming

Seems like 4 players on a 3x3 would be chaos, and probably impossible for one person to bring speeder bikes, as there'd be no room.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures