Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 19th, 2019, 09:53 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Phantom Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Not as good as 90210, but it will do.
The 10 is silent...shhhhh
Old October 19th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Were you worried 460 is too high or too low, japes?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Synergies & OP/SP formatting look good here.
Old November 18th, 2019, 03:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks! Glad to hear it. I figure this one will be easy to knock out.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 24th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
MYSTERIOUS GUIDANCE
After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for Phantom Stranger, or any Event Hero or figure you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Phantom Stranger, you may remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card and immediately add or subtract a skull, blank, shield, or 2 from that roll.

CRISIS MANAGEMENT
At the end of the round, you may remove the “X” Order Marker from this card to choose Phantom Stranger or a friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces. Remove a Wound Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card and then you may place a previously removed Marker from their card other than an Order Marker back onto their card, if possible.
Giving these powers a second look, I do think there's some tweaks I would make.

- "skull, shield, blank" seems like the natural order for combat die results
- I think I'd break the last sentence of Crisis Management in half.
- The "other than an Order Marker" stuff tweaked to line up better with Zatanna.

Quote:
MYSTERIOUS GUIDANCE
After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for Phantom Stranger, or any Event Hero or figure you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Phantom Stranger, you may remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card and immediately add or subtract a skull, shield, blank or 2 from that roll.

CRISIS MANAGEMENT
At the end of the round, you may remove the “X” Order Marker from this card to choose Phantom Stranger or a friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces. Remove a Wound Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card. You may then place a previously removed Marker other than an Order Marker from their card back onto their card, if possible.
Neither are super important but they read a bit better to me. For power order I would be tempted to put Phantom Walk last, but I do think it fits nicely enough on top, so I'm fine with it.

-----

I also gave an original bio a shot, while I'm here. Take it or leave it.

"The Phantom Stranger is just that: a phantom. His motives, his origins, even his name? All unknown. None can say if he is a fallen angel, a time traveler, a man forsaken by God, or something else entirely. The enigmatic entity has done little to clarify. But when a crisis looms over the universe, no matter how far it may be from the Earth he walks, the Stranger inevitably arrives - with preternatural knowledge of the events unfolding. Though his powers seem limitless, he rarely intervenes directly, instead guiding the world's heroes on a path toward salvation. But when push comes to shove, he isn't afraid to tap into those mysterious depths of power and wage war on those in his way."
Old November 24th, 2019, 02:54 PM

I can roll with all of that. SP updated for @Arkham - sorry we couldn't get this update in sooner!

Bio updated too, thanks, johnny.

Old November 26th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Phantom Stranger - Public Playtesting

There was some discussion about what really constitutes a “removed” marker. Honestly the post I quoted below probably solves it, but you know I like to be a pedant about such things.

Other than that, EPB cleared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
After looking through a lot of marker powers, I think there's actually enough interaction with the "remove" specific language to keep it to working only with powers where removal explicitly happens (so not powers that place markers only. Has to be powers that specifically "remove" them from a card for an effect).

Figures that might be fun to try with him (looking through the index):

Amazo, Ares (DC), Bishop, Black Alice (he may break her a little?), Black King, Black Lanterns, Blue Lanterns, Bob (and Carol and Ted and Ringo), Captain Britain, Emma Frost, Green Lanterns (especially Guy Gardner and Alan Scott and Kilowog), Havok, Hourman, Incredible Hulk (C3G) (this one is a great combo), Indigo Tribe, Justice League Batman, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, and Superman, Killer Frost, Leatherhead, Livewire, Michael Myers, Nemesis, Nico Minoru, Nitro, Penguin (II), Red Hulk (though probably not a great pairing), Red Lanterns, Scarlet Spider, Scarlet Witch (but just against commons), Sinestro Corps/Yellow Lanterns, Squirrel Girl, Star Sapphires, The Mask, Volstagg, Yakuza Enforcer, Zatanna (I).

Speaking of Zatanna (I) I am going to edit the text to make it clear you can't replace an Order Marker!
Old November 27th, 2019, 09:09 AM

Thanks! Added an FAQ on the issue to the OP, but folks can/should feel free to check how I worded it.

Looks like we're otherwise ready to go here! Great work, gang!

Old November 27th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

In the bio:
'But' is a conjunction, and sentences shouldn't begin with conjunctions. In both cases, it could use tweaking it. Changing it to 'However,' (note the comma) is probably the simplest way, though you could also fiddle with sentence structure/merge sentences etc. if you prefer.
Otherwise, cleared.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 27th, 2019, 06:01 PM

I'm good.

Old November 27th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's fair enough. I should have specified that that's more of a formal writing rule than casual (I'll begin sentences with a conjunction on the forums all the time; it's practically conversation).
The main question, I'd have said, is whether a bio counts as 'formal' writing. Personally, I'd have said yes, but I get that that's open for interpretation.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 27th, 2019, 08:05 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think it's more of a changing of society idioms type thing. When I went to school we were taught never to start a sentence with a conjunction. But (see what i did there ) today there is more tendency for standards to be focused on shorter sentences & thus ending a contrast or clause sentence rather than using commas to continue them on. Maybe that is more the key, less use of commas .

It definitely seems that we (society as a whole) are moving away from what is "formal" & towards a free-form structure. I blame millennials .

Seriously the age of millennials has taken us away from a lot of structure in a lot of things, not just language. Some things I would agree are for the betterment of society, some just seem like they are being lazy. And others just seem like it's done to try to get a reaction from X & Ys or at least drive them crazy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library