Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2019, 01:38 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Core set comes with 10 figures and terrain (a couple small buildings, posts, and vehicles) ... $99.99

Normal-sized figures are typically $40 per two figures ... ex. Rocket an Groot come in a pack. They come on sprues and are made of hard plastic.

Larger figures like Venom and Hulk are $35 iirc.

Scale is 40mm.

Old August 1st, 2019, 01:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

At those prices the only thing that vaguely interests me is what you mean when you say "a couple of small buildings."

But $40 for two unassembled, unpainted figures is bonkers to me. I can get like 20 preassembled, prepainted Heroclix figures for that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2019, 01:40 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sure but I don't think they're selling anything that will look like that out of box. And that MODOK comes in 14 pieces. I'd be surprised if any of the smaller ones come in fewer than, like, five. I already have a heap of Shadows of Brimstone to assemble.

Some of the mechanics seem fun. I'd play it if someone else brought it to the table. But definitely not something I'd entertain purchasing.
They appear to be designing the figures for accessibility ... attaching minis appears to be similar to SW: Legion but with perhaps a few more parts. A touch of glue and plug it in until it sets.
Old August 1st, 2019, 01:43 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Accessibility is a sliding scale. For my money, this is on the low end of that scale, just not the lowest end.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2019, 01:45 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
At those prices the only thing that vaguely interests me is what you mean when you say "a couple of small buildings."

But $40 for two unassembled, unpainted figures is bonkers to me. I can get like 20 preassembled, prepainted Heroclix figures for that.
Haha ... yeah. Understandable.

Tho these models will go thru a much higher level of QA, detailing, and production value.

I'm curious about it ... I have all the heroclix I care to have at this point and I am already into the painting and modelling stuff with games like Legion, AvP, and Song of Ice and Fire so this game isn't too crazy for me but I'm not all-in yet. Like I said, mostly curious.

Rules do look pretty neat tho. More on that later, when I see a demo video pop up.
Old August 1st, 2019, 01:49 PM

For sure. If you're way more into heavy wargaming and mini assembly and painting, I think it works for you. I think that's covering different territory than Superheroscape, though, which even as a custom project is on the higher end for accessibility compared to this, IMO.

Old August 1st, 2019, 01:53 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
For sure. If you're way more into heavy wargaming and mini assembly and painting, I think it works for you. I think that's covering different territory than Superheroscape, though, which even as a custom project is on the higher end for accessibility compared to this, IMO.
Superheroscape is and always will be Awesome! C3G is in a nice place right now, I think, and it's actually more accessible than the game C3G repurposes minis from. The most inaccessible part about getting into Heroscape is the terrain pieces ... but there are ways around that.
Old August 1st, 2019, 02:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I'll be interested to see how this game works out over time. But from what Hellfire said, I feel that this game is going to end up being pretty niche and for hobbyists with a decent amount of money to spend.

This isn't for the casual boardgamer here on Heroscapers, as the time and cost isn't what most people here are into. They will be at Games Workshop prices, so that is disappointing, but a lot of people do spend crazy money on Warhammer 40k.

The scale is kind of a turnoff to me, even if I were considering it. 40mm is just big enough to make it too big for most terrain kits out there that are usually scaled from 28mm to 35mm. Batman Miniatures games by Knight Models is 35mm, and there is plenty of buildings for that game, but the bigger 40mm models may look out of place, but we'll have to see. So if you have to buy the terrain sets from Atomic Mass to get the right scale, that is huge expense. I know they are likely scaling it to 40mm to keep people from using Clix or Knight Models miniatures. With 3D printing being more prevalent, that could be a workaround for people to get better scaled terrain. And perhaps some of the 35mm mdf kits could look ok with this.

There might be a market for this game but deep pockets and a lot of hobby time are going to limit the market.

This makes Fallout Wasteland Warfare and Star Wars Legion seem inexpensive by comparison, as both of those games are licensed IP's and don't cost nearly those prices on average. Fallout has a few expensive pieces, like the Behemoth, the crashed Vertibird and recently announced Liberty Prime that is like $125. And Legion has some vehicles around $50, but around $42 on miniature market. But the individual troops aren't bad and the individual characters are like $13 msrp and about $11 on miniature market, and they come with other stuff like cards and tokens, not just the mini.

The prices from this Atomic Mass game will get discounted by online retailers, so we'll see how they go.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 1st, 2019, 02:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I thought I'd post this here since this thread gets a lot of traffic. Sorry to interrupt GenCon news; wishing I was there!

I'm writing a space adventure for Dark City Games, and I want to use some of the Star Frontiers races, without using their Intellectual Property (held by TSR/Wizards/Hasbro).

Sathar - an evil worm-like race; the villains of the piece

Dralasite - an ameobic race that can absorb and regrow multiple limbs. I'm thinking of calling them Proteans.

Yazirian (called Hazodee in a D&D supplement) - monkey-like, nocturnal race that has night vision, patagia for gliding and goes in a battle rage - arboreal, and somewhat like lean, gliding, nocturnal Wookiees

Vrusk - insectiod race, built like a centaur, with an eight-legged horizontal body, and a humanoid upright torso - insectoid face and two radially symmetric five-fingered hands

I would appreciate any suggestions for alternate names for these races; names that I can use without getting sued! Thanks!

Old August 1st, 2019, 03:02 PM

I think there's a spirit of the law/letter of the law debate to be sussed out of that one.

Old August 1st, 2019, 03:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You can just do what George did and use foreign language words for things. Vader is Dutch for Father. So go to a language translation site and type in Insect, then see what some other not widely used languages call them. See if one of them pops out at you as interesting sounding. Change a letter or two if you want to make it not exactly the same. Example, I typed Insect into the Dutch to English translator and a few interesting words pop out. Beestje & Insekt, you could combine them and call the Vrusk a Beestjkt. Maybe change it further by replacing the double ee sound with a different vowel. Bistjkt, Bystjkt, Bastjkt, etc. Now you have a name that looks alien and sounds foreign to your core audience.
Old August 1st, 2019, 06:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

The way I see it is that I already have a ton of super hero mini's and an interactive terrain system with C3G. But the thing that interest me are the scenario cards. I want to know more about that...and then figure a way to port a version of it into C3G

EDIT: I guess they are called Crisis Cards and each player draws one and the combination creates the scenario.

It's the two on the bottom right.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; August 1st, 2019 at 06:49 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games