Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 11th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I know our own @bunjee will be running the Restoration Games booth. I haven’t played Fireball Island but I’ve seen it and it looks great on the table. I don’t know what else they’ll be showing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 11th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Played Above and Below. Kathy won with 90 points! I got 71 and Whitney got 37.

Edit: Recently I played Above and Below with two friends. Liz 57, Joe 58 and me 59.

Old November 11th, 2018, 04:01 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I will confirm my presence at PAX Unplugged! I haven't been keeping up on new releases, but there are more exhibitors there than last year. Restoration Games will be in Booth 2215, has two tables in the demo area, and we've promised copies of Fireball Island to the First Look area as well.
Less flashy but super fun is also our game Dinosaur Tea Party. Especially good for families, but plenty of fun for adults. We'll also have our expansion for Downforce, called Danger Circuit.
We'll also have our Penny Press, where you can press and actual penny to have for your Fireball Island game, instead of the cardboard version

Soaring Rhino (2258 Craig's company) and Plaid Hat (2909 Colby's) will also be on hand. I'm blanking on other companies started by or employing members of our HS community. I don't know for certain who from Plaid Hat will actually be attending. @Grungebob might know.

Wizards of the Coast will probably have Betrayal Legacy there.

There will be nearly 250 exhibitors (according to the exhibit hall map) compared to the 165+ last year. Still half as many as Gen Con, but certainly plenty for people not too far away to make the trip!
Old November 12th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Me, Colby and Isaac will be there.

I will be showing my most recent game called Comanauts.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 14th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I love the look of Comanauts, GB. Elsewhere, @Scapemage asked about things to look for at PAX. That is the game I'd be most interested to check out, for sure.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 14th, 2018, 07:49 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm currently play testing my own double board ("Epic") version of Command & Colors Tricorne: American Revolution I call "Brooklyn Is Epic." The Battle of Brooklyn (aka The Battle of Long Island to foreigners) was made up of two seperate actions shown in two core game scenarios. Using a double board allows you to play both of them side by side, as they occurred historically.

So far its been lots of fun, with minimal extra rules needed, and almost no changes to the two battle areas/scenarios. You can see my rules for it on BGG's core game Tricorne forum.

Today I also received and inventoried my Kickstarter package of another Richard Borg Commands & Colors design: The Great War: The French Army Expansion (#2) with extra stuff including French heavy tanks. I'm looking into a variant fan made unofficial play of a double board game for this design as well. But now I've got 22 new standard scenarios to check out! This new expansion focuses on Verdun (1916) and the Nivelle Offensive (1917). The package arrived only days after the 100th Anniversary of Armistice/Veterans Day on November 11!

Last edited by chas; November 15th, 2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old November 18th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Playing Merchants and Marauders. Fun game!

Old November 19th, 2018, 12:17 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

TW,

Wow, I've never tried that one, and always wanted to! Tell us more aboput M&M...
Old November 19th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

M&M is about 4 hours long and has each player playing a captain of a ship. You can deliver goods, go on missions, discover if rumors are true, battle merchant ships, and battle each other in order to accumulate gold & glory. There is also a random event deck which brings in storms, warships, pirate ships, and other fun things to the game. It's one of our favorite games to play when we have that much time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 20th, 2018, 08:38 AM

I heard a lot about Merchants and Marauders, although I've never played it, back when people were deciding about buying Firefly, another pickup and delivery with a twist game. Hope you can bring it down here some time! Speaking of which, the day after Thanksgiving I'll be playing the latter with George K., my pal from NJ who is a legend on the forums for that game.

Finally received my Kickstarter package of The Great War Expansion #2: The French Army. This is a Commands & Colors game on WWI by Richard Borg.
So I'm alternately trim painting about 150 new tiny figures, and playing some new scenarios I just discovered I've never played with the British, adding the retrofitted Special Personnel Figures to them. After that I'll start playing the new games with The French at Verdun! This is timely as we just had the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day 1918 (aka Veterans Day). You can check out my long BGG thread A Guide To the Commands & Colors Games of Richard Borg with lots of information and recent updates here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...rd-borg/page/1

And I should be playing something next Saturday as well, depending on who shows up.

*Happy Thanksgiving* to all!
Old November 20th, 2018, 11:33 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I got to play Dominant Species last night. My buddy bought a copy recently after playing it with @Bengi at a convention last winter.

In the game, each player is a different type of animal (mammals, reptiles, birds, amphibians, insects, and arachnids) fighting for control over an ever-changing map containing different terrain types (worth various amounts of points for scoring) and elements which your animals can consume to dominate regions (giving access to powerful cards). I was the mammals, whom break all ties and are resistant to extinction. The amphibian player got out to a massive lead in the first few rounds, but the gap closed in the second half of the game as the water dried up and they got attacked. In the end, the insect player, who was struggling at first with deaths, ended up pulling it out. I came in fourth.

I'm finding I really, really like this game. It can be a bear clocking in at 4.5 hours for a game with 4 new players, but I'm confident an experienced game would go quicker.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 20th, 2018, 12:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Played some old standbys of this thread last week for the first time:

Zombie Dice (with all the expansions). Surprisingly cute for being about zombies.

King of Tokyo was also cool. I lucked my way into a win in our 6-player game, but still have about 0 grasp of the strategy involved

We rounded out the night with Resistance and Codenames, which are always fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games