CF- Curtis Granderson
LF- Jacque Joness
DH-Gary Sheffield

SP-Justin Verlander
SP-Jeremy Bonderman
SP-Dontrelle Willis
SP-Kenny Rogers
SP-Nate Robertson

Current Detroit record: 0-6. How's that looking now Ona?

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old April 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRaider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Read it and weep AL Central fans...

C-Ivan Rodriguez
1B-Carlos Guillen
2B-Placido Polanco
SS-Edgar Renteria
3B- Miguel Cabrera
RF- Magglio Ordonez
CF- Curtis Granderson
LF- Jacque Joness
DH-Gary Sheffield

SP-Justin Verlander
SP-Jeremy Bonderman
SP-Dontrelle Willis
SP-Kenny Rogers
SP-Nate Robertson

Current Detroit record: 0-6. How's that looking now Ona?
It would be worse if the season was only 9 games long.
Old April 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
Re: Sports: MLB 2008

12-4 to start the year, D-Backs. Out to prove that the negative run differential last year was just a fluke.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:07 AM

This thread died rather fast. Now that's hockey's done and the NBA Finals are starting up this place will be buzzing more.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Especially now that the Red Sox are back in first where they belong, and us fans will begin talking smack.

Seriously though, I am happy to see the Rays doing so well. I like the fact that despite all the talk of Yankees/Red Sox/Angels and other big spenders, a smart, well run small budget team can still compete. Any Rays fans out there? Why the hell are so few people going to see this awesome team. I've been to the Trop, and indoor baseball is weird, but it is still a decent stadium. They deserve better for their play this year.
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:59 PM

It's interesting when you look at the Diamondbacks and the Rays (show of handss: how many of us still want to call them the "Devil Rays"?) and you see how they took off in two totally different directions. Granted the Rays play in a division dominated by two teams (Yanks and Red Sox), but how long can that work as an explanation before the actual worth of a team comes into question? It's nice to see that the Rays are finally having a good season and the AL East has become a bit more competitive. My team's in the NL West, but it gets kind of old to see the AL East standings at the end of the year look like this:
1 and 2: (Boston/New York)
3 and 4: (Toronto/Baltimore)
5: Tampa

Now that Baltimore, Tampa, and Toronto are putting up some kind of fight this year, this should be interesting to see unfold.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:49 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Figured it was time to resurrect this thread since we're into the home stretch for the 2008 season.

Who'd have thought the Rays would still be in this thing?

What an insane division the AL East is this year. Four teams over .500, the Red Sox are red hot, but the Jays may be the best team going right now.

...and Manny, don't get me started.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; September 9th, 2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
...and Manny, don't get me started.
Sorry, but I'm gonna get you started. I actually miss Manny. He was such a great hitter and him and Papi were the best 3-4 I have ever seen, but I hate the fact that he gave up on the team, that was just wrong. Sox will be ok without him though, we should be taking over first place soon and hopefully we will wind up with the best record in baseball for the playoffs (it's over if everyone has to go through fenway). It should be a great stretch run.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:06 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: MLB

I hated to see him go too, but he had to go unfortunately. It's no coincidence that the team started playing better (2nd best post trade deadline record in fact) once he was gone.

I learned a long time ago to root for the laundry and not the players as 99% of them will disappoint you eventually.

-insert signature here-
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:40 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

I learned a long time ago to root for the laundry and not the players as 99% of them will disappoint you eventually.
Good way to look at it there.

By the way, Manny had 2 more homers and 4rbi last night.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 11th, 2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:

Good way to look at it there.

By the way, Manny had 2 more homers and 4rbi last night.

Yeah I know, he's on my fantasy team. Couldn't have used that last night or anything... Though were he still here, he'd probably be on the bench with a 'knee injury'.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

-insert signature here-
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:33 AM

Big win against the Jays tonight. Had to have that one with the pitching they're up against the next two days (double header Saturday).

Oh and when the heck did the Dodgers get 3 1/2 ahead of the D-backs? Did Arizona fall into a black hole?

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV