Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old February 15th, 2008, 02:06 PM

Elshar is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norin
Indeed! As a former Californian myself I am still amazed at the animosity some Oregonians have towards our neighbors to the south.
As someone who lives in Oregon (Originally from the east coast), I can understand why that animosity exists..

But anyhow, you probably won't see Fred Meyers outside of the areas it's at now because right now it's just a brand. The chain got bought by Kroger back in the 90's. So I think in CA you'd have Smith's and Fry's? Not sure, really.
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
I grew up in Fairbanks, AK, where Fred Meyer was pretty much the only place to go shopping when I was a kid. There were a few other options, like a ghetto Safeway, Cars, and I think a Woolworths, but Fred Meyer was definitely the one stop shopping destination of choice. I would always see people I knew there, and that is still often the case when I go home to visit.

When Freddies did that sock sale thing every year, you know with the wheel of fortune type deal? The whole town showed up. It was crazy.
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
When Freddies did that sock sale thing every year, you know with the wheel of fortune type deal? The whole town showed up. It was crazy.
Definitely! When I was little (shortly after we moved from California to Oregon ) my mom took us to the crazy sock sale and got really excitd about it. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what the big deal was.
Old February 16th, 2008, 03:16 AM

lurking gamer has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
It's frustrating as hell to see these "heads up" threads on awesome deals in stores that I've never heard of, and exist many thousands of miles away from me.

I'm not saying you should stop, I'm just making a point.

"Grr" and all that.
It's okay, I empathize with you. I see threads for this mythical "Meijer" store...and I've lived in 6 different states and never ran into such a store. I've also been on business trips to nearly every state in the US over the last 2 years and have never seen a Meijer.
Old February 16th, 2008, 06:05 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurking gamer
It's okay, I empathize with you. I see threads for this mythical "Meijer" store...and I've lived in 6 different states and never ran into such a store. I've also been on business trips to nearly every state in the US over the last 2 years and have never seen a Meijer.
It's true. They really do exist! They are located primarily in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and Kentucky. But all of the stores near me have ceased carrying Heroscape.

Old February 16th, 2008, 09:43 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
It's frustrating as hell to see these "heads up" threads on awesome deals in stores that I've never heard of, and exist many thousands of miles away from me.

I'm not saying you should stop, I'm just making a point.

"Grr" and all that.
werd.
Double werd.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:32 AM

Atombob Woo who?
I checked online and Fred Meyer tuned into Fry's Marketplace over here in Phoenix AZ.

I found the FotA packs for $18 and a pack of RttFF for 19.99 (I also picked up a pack of Zombies too )

They had alot of the FotA packs at each of the Fry's I went to. I bought two and that has brought my total to 4. I feel like I should go back and get more. That seems like a really good price.
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:21 AM

Sannos has disabled reputation
I picked up 2 FotA and a RttFF.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM

screamingsilence has disabled reputation
Thanks sooo much for the heads up! I just got 2 FotA for $10.79 each at my Fred Meyer. They were having a 2-for-1 on board games for President's Day as well, though clearance items don't count.

Make mine Heroscape...'Nuff said.
And, no, I did not spell it "Heorlscape" the first time around...
Old February 18th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Wind, this is probably way before your time but in the 70's there was a sign at the Oregon/California border that told Californian's to enjoy their visit but don't stay. the sign was taken down sometime in the 80's.
They probably took it down because by now about two thirds of the population in both Portland and Seattle consists of people who left California. Those people then pretend to hate Californian immigrants.
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:24 AM

oni is surprisingly tart
Got myself two more castles. Maybe I should clear them out and build my own Gen Con map.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane
Quote:
Wind, this is probably way before your time but in the 70's there was a sign at the Oregon/California border that told Californian's to enjoy their visit but don't stay. the sign was taken down sometime in the 80's.
The 70's weren't quite before my time, but I probably wouldn't have been able to remember it if I'd seen it.

Sounds like the exact sort of thing Oregon would do to California.

Oregon's totally jealous.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales