Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old December 14th, 2021, 05:03 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
List of Once per Round/Once per Game powers

I was thinking about building a Ranjit Singh army, and noticed how the Overextend Attack power, working only once per round, dovetails nicely with Ranjit’s incentive for spreading out his order markers to one per card. This lead me on a quest to find out what other powers are only once per round and since no one else had compiled a list yet, I thought I’d take it upon myself. Then I thought I might as well be thorough and put the powers that don’t work with Ranjit too (in case someone is curious for a different reason). So, here’s all the powers limited to per-round or per-game that I could find, VC included.

ONCE PER ROUND
Airborn Elite: The Drop (at the start of each round, before you place Order Markers)
Alistair MacDirk: Overextend Attack (after taking a turn with Alistair)
Eldgrim the Viking Champion: Overextend Attack (after taking a turn with Eldgrim)
Evar Scarcarver: Frost Rage (When revealing a numbered order marker on Evar Scarcarver’s Army Card you may also reveal an “X”)
Ornak: Red Flag of Fury Aura (if Order Marker 1 is placed on Ornak, then instead of taking that turn with Ornak)
Siege: Crag of Steel (When revealing a numbered order marker on Siege’s Army Card you may also reveal an “X”)
Cal the Smuggler: Phase Teleport Device (at the beginning of each round, before placing Order Markers)
Chen Tang: Quivering Palm (at the end of each round)
Clayton Pierce: Sheriff's Posse (Before rolling for initiative)
Clayton Pierce: Shootout (after revealing an order marker on Clayton Pierce and taking a turn with him)
Heracles: Labors (After taking a turn with Heracles you may reveal an “X”)
Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands: Protective Repositioning (At the end of each round)
Nicholas Esenwein: Overextend Attack (after taking a turn with Nicholas)
Ranjit Singh: Lion of Punjab (Before rolling for initiative, you may reveal the ‘X’)
Ranjit Singh: Diplomatic Subterfuge (after moving and before attacking)
Rygarn: Chrono-Key (before revealing a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card in your army)
Suskra: Overextend Attack (after taking a turn with Suskra)
Uzog: Trophy Skulls (when Uzog destroys an opponent’s figure, you may)
Van Nessing: Divine Mission (When revealing an order marker on Van Nessing’s Army Card, after taking Van Nessing’s turn, you may reveal an “X” order marker that is on Van Nessing’s Army Card)
Varkaanan Swiftfangs: First Strike (When Order Marker 1 is revealed on the Varkaanan Swiftfangs)
Wildwood Monarch: Seedling (at the start of each round, before you place Order Markers)
Wildwood Runner: Vigorous Growth (at the start of each round, before you place Order Markers)
Wildwood Sentinel: Verdant Growth (at the start of each round, before you place Order Markers)

ONCE PER GAME
Airborn Elite: Grenade Special Attack (Start the game with a grenade marker)
Airborne Elite: The Drop (try until it works but it works only once)
Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior: Ullar’s Bolt of the Witherwood (after moving and before attacking with Atlaga)
Death Chasers of Thesk: Orc Battle Rush (At the start of the first round, after all order markers have been placed)
Deathwalker 7000: Self-Destruct (After using this power, Deathwalker is always destroyed)
Eldgrim the Viking Champion: Warrior's Swiftness Spirit (when Eldgrim is destroyed)
Erevan Sunshadow: Fey Step (before moving normally)
Finn the Viking Champion: Warrior’s Attack Spirit 1 (When Finn is destroyed)
Frost Giant of Mohr: Dying Swipe (Only works when he's about to be killed, then he's removed from the battlefield)
Greenscale Warriors: Loyalty to the Lizard King (at the start of the game, choose)
Iskra: Summon the Rechets of Bogdan (try until it works but it works only once)
MacDirk Warriors: Highland Fury (at the start of the game, choose)
Parmenio: Disciplined Influence (at the start of the game, you may choose)
Rechets of Bogdan: Iskra’s Summoning (they must be summoned)
Sonya Esenwein: Eternal Heartbreak (If you control Cyprien Esenwein and he is destroyed)
Thorgrim the Viking Champion: Warrior’s Armor Spirit 1 (When Thorgrim is destroyed)
Acolytes of Vorganund: Blood Summoning (at the start of the game, you may choose)
Arktos: Hunter’s Aim Spirit (When Arktos is destroyed)
Axentia: Phoenix Rising (when Axentia would be destroyed for the first time, before the next Order Marker is revealed)
Bahadur: Warriors Melee Attack Spirit (when Bahadur is destroyed)
Lilja: Shards (If Lilja is attacked with a normal attack and receives enough wounds to be destroyed)
Manauvi: Warrior’s Charging Spirit (When Manauvi is destroyed)

TWICE PER GAME
Mika Connour: Blend into Shadow (starts each game with up to 2 shadow tiles)
Uzog: Trophy Skulls (maximum of 2 Skull Markers can be placed on this card)

THREE TIMES PER GAME
Morsbane: Rod of Negation (Start the game with 3 brown Negation Markers on this card . . . if you roll a 16-19, place a Negation Marker)
Tagawa Samurai: Bloodlust (maximum of 3 Experience markers can be placed on this card)
Werewolf Lord: Lycanthropy (starts the game with 3 green Lycanthropy markers)
Beorn Boltcutter: Upgrade (start the game with 3 Upgrade Markers)
Brute Gruts: Berserker Frenzy (maximum of 3 Berserker Markers can be placed on this card)
Chen Tang: Quivering Palm (Start the game with 3 Palm Markers)
Vulvanmech Incendiborgs: Redundant Systems (Start the game with 3 Redundant Systems markers)

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs

Last edited by Strack9; August 18th, 2022 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Updating for Clayton Pierce
Old December 14th, 2021, 02:41 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: List of Once per Round/Once per Game powers

Useful information! + rep if I could.

Was just wondering about once per round abilities. Overextend attack (used surprisingly x4) was the only optional once per round ability you could use during any of the 3 turns that doesn’t revolve around an om reveal, and now we have diplomatic subterfuge. I wonder though, would these abilities be able to be used a second time if after the first use they were enslaved, mind shackled or soul devoured and used by a different player?

Uzogs trophy skull collect is “optional” but has a requirement, the same as SirH’s Rujin Submission.
Old August 18th, 2022, 03:02 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: List of Once per Round/Once per Game powers

With the induction of Clayton Pierce, there are now 2 more once-per-round powers, and Shootout seems made for Ranjit.

The lawmen are all different Generals which makes placement of the Order Markers hassle free for the Lion of Punjab power. Then, in addition to their own turn, the Lawmen that get order markers get to take advantage of their improved offense a second time during the round if they take a turn courtesy of Clayton's Shootout power.

With Order markers on Clayton, Mad Dog and McCreach (under the right conditions) you could potentially get 10 attacks out of a round; 9 of which would benefit from the Lion of Punjab's extra dice.

Also, conveniently:
Clayton Pierce = 90
Guilty McCreech = 30
James Murphy = 75
Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan = 65
Kate Crawford = 40
Louis "Mad Dog" Malone = 60
Ranjit Singh = 140
Total = 500

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs