Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 23rd, 2011, 02:15 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Death Chasers of Thesk

Wish I had a fourth squad of chasers! But it speaks to the efficiency of the army's offense that, in many matches, one of the ogres never even comes out of the start zone.

Also, unless you're up against a horde of ranged squads (or knights), two ogres can be pretty intimidating.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:05 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We've played a few games recently here for some Gencon practice and its one army I seriously am fearing right now. The army we played around with though was:

OP - 100
MBS - 150
Marcu - 170
DCx6 - 500

We had tried it once with Nerak but just didnt feel like the 1 extra defense was worth it. MBS felt much better with his range option. Battle Rush almost felt like cheating with how many Death Chasers we were running. Just the one OP was more than enough for us so that we could squeeze in more Chasers. It really is a brutal army but they die very quickly as well. The army is all about hitting fast and hard.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

My favorite 500 point DC army is still

DCs x4
Warhulk
Nerak
Bacon
500/17

The key is aggression, aggression, aggression! Raelin gets a couple OMs here and there to improve her positoning, but generally everything goes on the DCs. I've found that Nerak's bump for them from 2 to 3 Defense is huge, and you can get them to 5+ when the auras are doubled up, and if you can grab height or Gerda. I love the Warhulk as their Taskmaster-with 8 life he has amazing survivability, and a 50% chance to throw 5 attack dice at everyone adjacent to a double-hex figure is just awesome (just be careful about where your figures are!)

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry, I'm an idiot

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 5th, 2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Of course rolling Utgar Valkyrie Dice is funny especially since DCoT follow Valkrill...
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
It might be worth mentioning that they do benefit from Ornak's Orc's Battle Cry Aura.

Except that they don't. The DCoT are hunters and Ornaks' Aura only effects Orc Warriors.
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:54 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
It might be worth mentioning that they do benefit from Ornak's Orc's Battle Cry Aura.
Afraid not. Orc's Battle Cry Aura benefits orc warriors, and the Deathchasers are actually Hunters.

Wow...one more reason I wish that MotH had had some sort of hunter synergy.

EDIT:Ninja'd by Yodaking

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:58 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Afraid not. Orc's Battle Cry Aura benefits orc warriors, and the Deathchasers are actually Hunters.

Wow...one more reason I wish that MotH had had some sort of hunter synergy.

EDIT:Ninja'd by Yodaking
Oops! I guess not, nevermind then

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 5th, 2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Guess its time to reread all the cards :lol:
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I wish Gurei-oni was WILD so he bonded with the Death Chasers along with the other Ogres, as he looks more like the Lord of The Rings Ogre that was a workhorse for the Orcs. Oh wait, he does bond if you play one of my Competitive Unit Alters
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I wish Gurei-oni was WILD so he bonded with the Death Chasers along with the other Ogres, as he looks more like the Lord of The Rings Ogre that was a workhorse for the Orcs. Oh wait, he does bond if you play one of my Competitive Unit Alters
Link dumper.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:00 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

these guys go well with nerak and me-burq-sa.

MBS 50
nerak 100
DCoT x4 320
raelin (rotv) 400
krav maga agents 500

i think this could do well against some armies, but i doubt it could win much games, especially against someone like SotM drake.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That's a very solid build - Raelin/Krav to deal with massed common squads and to draw your opponent in, Nerak/Raelin to give those Death Chasers a bit of toughness, and plenty of hitting power. Mattsertruckrally said he was considering playing it at the 2011 Gencon main event, although he ended up playing knights instead.

SotM Drake is not a huge problem for that army - 3 attack of 4 will bring him down soon enough, and he can only kill one figure each order marker.
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:30 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Question, since these guys are called orcs with an s as opposed to singular orc, do they still bond with characters like grimnak and tornak? Or do we have to go by the letter of the law and say that because they have an s in there name they are a different species?
Thanks

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units