Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 17th, 2016, 01:39 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Thanks for the info. I've gone Worthington Games for Hold The Line and Frederick's War. Its a shame they never put out their proposed Mexican War variant. They just bought a Space Combat game (land?) from Richard Borg.
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:16 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Taking a semi sick day (meaning I am fully sick but working a half day) and got one more game of WotR in. The Shadow military was unstoppable. Frodo just couldn't seem to get his butt in gear. Easy military victory for the Shadow. In retrospect FP should have built some Trebuchets instead of trying to move political markers.

Game 36, $10.06 per game.
Old February 18th, 2016, 01:53 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Yes, thanks for the good info. So far this week I've played:
Memoir '44 x2 (the first scenario "Pegasus Bridge")
C&C Ancients (for my very first time - I believe it was also the 1st scenario Carthaginians vs. Syracusians)
Star wars: X-Wing x2 ( I flew two T-70's, Poe & Ello, with a Tala Sqd Z-95 and lost twice against the best player in our league, but had started off with hot dice and enjoyed eliminating one of his ships in the first joust with seven natural hits. Then my dice cooled off and the last ten dice that I threw: 3, 3, 2, & 2, I had one Focus and the rest were all blanks).

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old February 18th, 2016, 01:56 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

# 16,000

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; February 18th, 2016 at 01:56 AM. Reason: add hashtag
Old February 19th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@chas

Here's from KS with regard to the Tanks expansion for The Great War.

From kickstarter:

Quick update – Tank! has been printed and assembled and will be shipped to us next week. Whippet packs have been packed (!) and all the stretch goals have been produced and are with us poised to be united with the main Tank boxes.

Kickstarter pledges will start shipping week commencing 29th February
Have a good weekend everyone!

Best wishes
Will

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 19th, 2016, 09:28 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Great to hear; thanks. I'm about 2/3 through The Great War scenarios. I'll also be playing Kemet Ta-Seti on two different days this week with more than two players for the very first time! And probably some Blood Rage as well.
Old February 20th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Got in some Flashpoint: Fire Rescue with a few expansions. We played a building with a basement and second floor and lost when we ended up with too many damage tokes due to explosion after explosion in the basement.

Then we played Inkognito, which is an interesting kind of mishmash between Clue and something like Letters from White Chapel. With four players there are team win conditions, but you don't know which of the three other players are on your team. My teammate figured out I was his teammate first, so I was able to achieve our team win condition on my turn and secure the victory for us. Interesting social deduction game.

Then we rounded things out with games of Eldrich Horror and Sentinels of the Multiverse, both of which ended up being surprisingly easy victories. Wendigo for Eldrich Horror was a bit of a chump and over half the cards we got in the Mythos phase were positive rather than negative. In SotM, I played Kismet for the first time, and she seems like she could be the biggest lightweight yet. Argent Adept, Ra, Omnitron-X, and Knyfe never felt like they were in any danger of losing.

Fun night. Too many snacks. So awesome having a game group full of cool guys with lots of great chances to play each week. It's a good life.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
In SotM, I played Kismet for the first time, and she seems like she could be the biggest lightweight yet. Argent Adept, Ra, Omnitron-X, and Knyfe never felt like they were in any danger of losing.
We played against Chokepoint for the first time Thur night and we barely got touched as well.

Ra, WWII Legacy letting Ra attack again, Scholar who was tanking everything, and Captain Cosmic who was just doing Captain Cosmic things. I think Ra did 70% of the damage himself.

Then we played against Karga Warfang and got it handed to us. Those gladiators were too much for us. Of course we were playing, promo visionary, Argent Adept, Mr. Fixer, and the Sentinels.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 20th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Now you're just reminding me of all the sets I don't have yet!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2016, 08:04 PM

Played two four player games of Khemet Ta-Seti (Expansion #1). Edged out Taeblewalker to win the first game, and he won the second. The other two provided competition, but were near newbie or newbie.

Lost an Eldrazi Ruiner scenario of MTG/Planeswalkers/Zendikar (also Expansion #1) to two other guys who teamed up the Blue and Red Planeswalkers to take me down pretty quickly. This game should hit its stride for the first time when a second master set comes out in the Fall.
Old February 20th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Tested out a mission I created for Mercs Recon this morning. It went well and was the type of mission I had hoped for, with plenty of stealth and highlighting the benefits of the melee only Mercs in each faction. Going to play it again tomorrow with another faction. Monday night I'm going to teach it to some in my group. Taught it to 4 others in the group a few weeks ago and it went over well.

This afternoon, I played a couple games of The Hobbit Love Letter with my daughters. Been a while. Good fun!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 20th, 2016, 10:34 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Played 5 games of Heroscape today. Won all 5, including a nail biter against @The Orange Mailman

Also played a round of Sentinels of the Multiverse.

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games