Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 6th, 2015, 10:54 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Ninja Turtle 'Scape.

I got the "frosted detail".

Painting can be intimidating. The guy who got me into miniature painting told me that confidence comes with practice. You have to start somewhere!

Youtube search miniature painting.
1) primer
2) base coat
3) dry brushing
4) washes
5) sealing

I'll be happy to answer any questions and offer tips.
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:16 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What's the link to the site where they're selling them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 7th, 2015, 07:55 AM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
These are not ninja turtles. They are "the dudes"!
http://www.shapeways.com/product/7EQ...ionId=41337333
Old April 7th, 2015, 08:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
These are not ninja turtles. They are "the dudes"!
http://www.shapeways.com/product/7EQ...ionId=41337333
Also Q search around on the site they have made a second version of the Dudes as well and these can be molded in other solid colors. I'm thinking the green molding would be great in that the base coat would be done.

There is also a "wise rat" and a "Sports Fanatic" and "Animal Punk" and "Animal Soldier" and the "can opener" and "Belly Face" and "Toe Ninja"

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; April 7th, 2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:12 AM

Finished!

Basing the figures was the most difficult process. The plastic is so fragile that I broke 3 of the figures' legs and had to glue them back together. Overall, I'm satisfied with the final product.

Next up... Sports Fanatic, Wise Rat, and the Can Opener!
Old April 8th, 2015, 10:06 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
Finished!

Basing the figures was the most difficult process. The plastic is so fragile that I broke 3 of the figures' legs and had to glue them back together. Overall, I'm satisfied with the final product.

Next up... Sports Fanatic, Wise Rat, and the Can Opener!
The Frosted Detail and Frosted Ultra Detail Plastics are very fragile but give you the best looking figures. The Strong and Flexible Plastics are more durable but the detail is not as good. I posted a few pages back about this and shared some pics too. I printed a few figures in both types of plastic and when possible I will print in the Strong and Flexible. You lose a little detail but they don't break as easily.

Check out my blog to see more pictures of the figures. If you use the search feature with "TMNT" it should pull up all of my posts with these figures and a few other figures I am using for my custom TMNT.
Old April 8th, 2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post

The Frosted Detail and Frosted Ultra Detail Plastics are very fragile but give you the best looking figures. The Strong and Flexible Plastics are more durable but the detail is not as good. I posted a few pages back about this and shared some pics too. I printed a few figures in both types of plastic and when possible I will print in the Strong and Flexible. You lose a little detail but they don't break as easily.

Check out my blog to see more pictures of the figures. If you use the search feature with "TMNT" it should pull up all of my posts with these figures and a few other figures I am using for my custom TMNT.
Searched... Was not disappointed!

Love the Neutrino Hot-Rod:

Twangy base guitar riffs started playing in my head when I saw this pic.

Inspiring work. +rep!
Old April 8th, 2015, 12:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sweet! Where did you get the flying car mini from?
Old April 8th, 2015, 12:38 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I made it. Here is the links to how I made it and the finished product:

WIP part 1
WIP part 2
Finished
Old April 8th, 2015, 01:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't know if you watch Agents of SHIELD but Coulson has a flying car that I may have to try and make now.
Old April 8th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

So did Fred MacMurray!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 8th, 2015, 02:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I made it. Here is the links to how I made it and the finished product:

WIP part 1
WIP part 2
Finished
Great work qt. Thanks for sharing. I had to close the tab on my web browser so I could get back to work. I could have spent hours looking around.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards