Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 21st, 2014, 08:21 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Member Interviews

Time for a family friendly interview with: Heroscaper Guy!

Q: Name a C3G design that you consider to have the best "fun factor?" Which design performs most reliably for you in battle? Which fizzles? Which design do you most dread playing against?
A: Most fun would probably be Wolverine, just so thematic. Most reliable would probably be the Warriors Three. The design that always seems to never work for me is the Shadow Demons and Thunderers of Qward. Never have gotten them to live through a match. The design I most dread is probably
Stealth Suit Iron Man. Stealth Dodge, range, a respectable defense and attack, and a hit and run power make it very scary and annoying.

Q: How much Heroscape stuff do you have? How much Heroclix stuff do you have? Did you get Heroscape stuff when it was plentiful, or did you have a difficult time obtaining it? Where did you get your Scape stuff?
A: My Hasbro Heroscape stuff is countable on one hand actually. I have one Marvel set, one Rise of the Valkyrie, one Wave 8, one Wave 10, and a Minute-men and Wolves. For the C3V customs I have three incomplete squads (from my small Star Wars Miniatures collection). Heroes of Star Wars Scape, I can't remember what I have. For Heroclix, I have none. I'm looking into getting started, but I have so many interests, that make me want to give them my money. I got into Heroscape around the tail end. The Marvel set was cheap at my Wal Mart and also some Wave Ten. Wave Eight was bought on Hasbro Toy Shop during a sale. Rise of the Valkyrie and the Wave Two pack came together from an Epay auction for 45 dollars.

Q: How much do you proxy, and what do you use?
A: I proxy a lot (just look at my collection). If playing with my physical scape, I use either the Heroscape figures I own to proxy or my Star Wars Miniatures. I like Online Scape as it lets me play with the correct miniatures and on any terrain.

Q: Describe your most memorable C3G battle.
A: Hmmm...That would probably be Orange Lantern Lex killing Merlyn, then that Construct killing Hawkeye Two and then, Black Canary. Hawkeye 2.0 and Merlyn 2.0 swept the board, with me losing no figures.

Q: Would you consider yourself OCD (the looser definition where you have to have certain things done in a very specific way)? Is there something specific that brings out the OCD in you? How do your OCD manifest itself?
A: Yes, when playing online I have to have the figures in my start zone perfectly centered, otherwise I am a little annoyed.

Q: Who do you consider your mentor or idol?
A: Depends on the subject, since I'm learning how to program this year for Apple, I'd say my hero there in a way is Square Enix for creating many good games (the good Final Fantasies, Chrono Trigger and Cross, Kingdom Hearts series, World Ends with You, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana series). Since I've started learning the Bass Guitar, I'd say my hero there is Nightwish's Bass Guitarist Marco Hietala, after looking up how to play those songs, he has gone up greatly in my eyes. Finally, I'd say my last hero (s) in real life is the great Heroscape players: Dok, Wanderer, Jexik, etc. I really wish I could play on their level and I'm trying to improve to that level.

Q: What is your favorite time of year?
A: I would have to say Halloween, for getting to dress up as any character I want. This year, I might go as either Scarecrow, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Beat from World Ends with You, or Link from Legend of Zelda.

Q: If you could have a superpower in real life, what would it be?
A: This is really tough, as I have three top ones. I'd like to be able to use Telekinesis like Jean Grey just to make tasks easier (plus, I could move the elements around and be the Avatar! Avatar Ash sounds nice.) Mind Control like Doctor Faustus (Yes, I know he doesn't really have the power, but it's the only example I could think of) could be used to get out of trouble (or into trouble), plus Jedi Mind Tricks! Lastly, there is Scarlet Witch's Reality Manipulation, I could use that to change things to how I want them. Can I say, I pick Reality Manipulation and use it to get the other powers?

Here it is: THE STUPID QUESTION! I'll ask a really stupid question, and you can answer it as seriously or as silly as you wish. Be very afraid! If you'd also like to prepare a C3G 3 Truths and a Lie, feel free to add it!

The Stupid Question: What's under the bed?
Nothing, under mine but the floor (it's a folding bed.)
Old February 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM

Ironpuppy13 Woo who?

Q: Name a C3G design that you consider to have the best "fun factor?" Which design performs most reliably for you in battle? Which fizzles? Which design do you most dread playing against?

A no question about it, doctor doom. I just love the imagery of his elaborate pit trap, Plus he can come back to life, steal peoples powers, veralp just a rock em sock em good time.

Q: How much Heroscape stuff do you have? How much Heroclix stuff do you have? Did you get Heroscape stuff when it was plentiful, or did you have a difficult time obtaining it? Where did you get your Scape stuff?

My roommates and i have only been playing for about the past year, so yes it has been hard to obtain some of map parts. but thankfully troll and toad has some sometimes. We've bought most of our figures from either there or just the local comic book store.

Q: How much do you proxy, and what do you use?

Surprisingly, hardly any. There are some figures we don't use the right figure for, but only because the figure suggested looks lame. lol. One figure we proxy is crimson dynamo for hulk buster so that we can play an army with multiple because he's just too darn expensive. And then we proxy LotR golem pieces for moloids… We have 45. That many moloids plus moleman makes it a pretty tough 550 point team to try and take down.

Q: Describe your most memorable C3G battle.

I'm gonna share two.

My first battle mY first two turns of the game i moved green lantern and flash forward and adjacent to one another. MY opponent flies invincible in and invincible punches Hal. i lose both because i have no idea what i'm doing. Pretty crushing defeat.

Coincidentally another time i was using the green lanterns in a no restrictions 3 way FFA match. First turn of the game My "friend" used doctor fate to teleport himself and dark phoenix directly into my base. I had picked up doctor strange which he forgot about so it stranded them in my start zone. After losing all my utility characters i was left with a wounded band of green lanterns. After hunting down the rest of his army, i took the victory with kyle rayner and kilowog remaining.

Q: Would you consider yourself OCD (the looser definition where you have to have certain things done in a very specific way)? Is there something specific that brings out the OCD in you? How do your OCD manifest itself?

no, although i do have to always have the figures facing their opponent.

Q: Who do you consider your mentor or idol?

I'm an artist, and i would say some of my idols are, edward charley, Egon schiele, Edward hopper, and picasso… though so many more.

Q: What is your favorite time of year?
Fall. best weather, best colors. much pretty.

Q: If you could have a superpower in real life, what would it be?

It would either be, Naruto style replication in which when on disperses anything it learned or gained is so by the original. Speed Force super speed. Or just some mix of immortality, invulnerability and never aging.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:57 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice interview guys.

Heroscaper Guy, I agree the theme of Wolverine is great, he's a fun one. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays too, several people post pics of their costumes on this site during that time, so feel free to share yours.

IronPuppy, Ya Invincible can Punch his way to a quick win, if ya let the opponent get it in. Some of my most memorable games are the ones I lost horribly too. I like to have my figures face the correct way as well, and ask my opponent to do it too.

C3G team building links.
Old April 6th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

45 Moloids? Woah that is a lot of real estate.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 6th, 2016, 04:22 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Any chance of bringing this back david?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 6th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Any chance of bringing this back david?
I haven't been active enough to know the new members well enough to customize the interviews the way I've done in the past. If anybody wants to take over, please do.
Old December 14th, 2016, 05:32 PM

Re: C3G Member of the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Well I think it's time to reveal my lie. #4 is the lie. I've never been backstage at a concert. Even if I had an uncle in Warrant, my parents would never have allowed me to go with him to a concert afterparty.
No Cherry Pie.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 14th, 2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Ok, history lesson time! Most of DCs characters have been around for two-three times as long as the big Marvel characters. For instance, Superman was created in 1938 and Batman in 1939, whereas Spider-Man was creatred in 1962. Times were different in the 40's and 50's. What amazes me is the obvious genius of Superman, Batman, and to a lesser extent, Wonder Woman. Here you have three characters developed using three VERY different mythos, as Johnny pointed out. However, all three have stood the test of time. Way before Marvel ever thought of making a movie they had 2 trilogies and a several TV shows. Not bad. Plus they have taken these iconic characters that were larger than life (thats what comics started as, a kids thing, for suspension of disbelief and use of the imagination) they took that and gave them feelings, emotions, struggles, issues and made people care about them in a whole different way. Name a single Marvel Death as big a deal as that of Barry Allen, Superman, or even Jason Todd. Its only in recent time, with most writers bouncing back and forth between Marvel, DC, and their own Indy stuff that Marvel has killed someone we cared about, Cap (but not really killed.) I agree that Stan Lee and Marvel showed us that "superheroes" could and should have issues like normal people, but DC took the big three and humanized them. Think about it. On an almost weekly basis, someone picks up a story about a man so rich he can create anything he wants and then keep the idea for himself, the same man never gets picked on by anyone because he is the best trained martial artist in the world, not to mention he is above the law; or about an alien who is lucky enough to look no different than us however he can do anything we may have dreamed of as kids: defy gravity, run faster than any olympic athlete, lift anything he wants, shrug off bullets, see through things, and he gets the girl he always wanted; or a warrior who is formed from clay and given life by Greek Gods and placed in a society of warrior women where she grows up to be the strongest, bravest, most attractive, most righteous and judicious member of their society. They write stories about people like this and yet we as the consumers can relate to the things that happen to them occasionally. That we can relate to a Super-Billionaire, Alien, or Greek goddess at all is amazing. I think that is a true sign of just how good DC comics is.
The Death of Superman did not kill Supes.
It killed Death itself.

There is a great short about this, created by the writer of Chronicle.
Look for it on youtube. The Death and Return of Superman.
After that it was open season to return anyone to life.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 14th, 2016, 07:36 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Ok, history lesson time! Most of DCs characters have been around for two-three times as long as the big Marvel characters. For instance, Superman was created in 1938 and Batman in 1939, whereas Spider-Man was creatred in 1962. Times were different in the 40's and 50's. What amazes me is the obvious genius of Superman, Batman, and to a lesser extent, Wonder Woman. Here you have three characters developed using three VERY different mythos, as Johnny pointed out. However, all three have stood the test of time. Way before Marvel ever thought of making a movie they had 2 trilogies and a several TV shows. Not bad. Plus they have taken these iconic characters that were larger than life (thats what comics started as, a kids thing, for suspension of disbelief and use of the imagination) they took that and gave them feelings, emotions, struggles, issues and made people care about them in a whole different way. Name a single Marvel Death as big a deal as that of Barry Allen, Superman, or even Jason Todd. Its only in recent time, with most writers bouncing back and forth between Marvel, DC, and their own Indy stuff that Marvel has killed someone we cared about, Cap (but not really killed.) I agree that Stan Lee and Marvel showed us that "superheroes" could and should have issues like normal people, but DC took the big three and humanized them. Think about it. On an almost weekly basis, someone picks up a story about a man so rich he can create anything he wants and then keep the idea for himself, the same man never gets picked on by anyone because he is the best trained martial artist in the world, not to mention he is above the law; or about an alien who is lucky enough to look no different than us however he can do anything we may have dreamed of as kids: defy gravity, run faster than any olympic athlete, lift anything he wants, shrug off bullets, see through things, and he gets the girl he always wanted; or a warrior who is formed from clay and given life by Greek Gods and placed in a society of warrior women where she grows up to be the strongest, bravest, most attractive, most righteous and judicious member of their society. They write stories about people like this and yet we as the consumers can relate to the things that happen to them occasionally. That we can relate to a Super-Billionaire, Alien, or Greek goddess at all is amazing. I think that is a true sign of just how good DC comics is.
The Death of Superman did not kill Supes.
It killed Death itself.

There is a great short about this, created by the writer of Chronicle.
Look for it on youtube. The Death and Return of Superman.
After that it was open season to return anyone to life.
Watched it. Its not his interpretation of the story, but really how he would shoot and tweak the movie of the story. Not the same. I agree that Supes was not dead, but he had no pulse, wasn't breathing, and was cold; that's the very definition of dead medically speaking.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 14th, 2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
6. 3 Truths and 1 Lie.
1. I once ran up and down the middle of Las Vegas boulevard on a whim. The entire length (and then some).

2. I was once knocked out of a raft in Class IV whitewater rapids (Class V means extremely dangerous, Class VI means expected death), and had to be pulled to safety.

3. I once faced down a killer... and he knocked me out with a punch to my temple.

4. I spun this feature on its head and gave you 3 lies and a truth.
I realized I never answered this, so the big reveal is....

Number 4 is technically the lie, although the rest of the stuff is exaggerated...

1 is referring to the Las Vegas Half Marathon. It was on a whim, as I had never run more than a few hundred feet and am not exactly an athletic guy, and decided to do it. However, I trained for several months so it's a bit misleading.

2 happened, although the danger is probably a bit overstated.

3... well, for my brother's bachelor party I joined a toughman contest (to surprise him when I showed up in the ring). Didn't last long (if you search "15 second knockout" on youtube you may or may not find me ), and later found out my opponent had plead guilty of manslaughter after hitting a guy in a fight who died later.

And for the record, all these things make me seem much more interesting than I really am.
Holy crap, you entered a tough man contest to surprise your brother?
That takes some cajones!

I know I am necro-ing old posts but too bad. I want to join in.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy