Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Playing Surface

This will most likely sound like a stupid question, but I was wondering if any of you has an idea of a good surface to build a map on. And what I mean is a portable surface. I want something light weight, but rigid and big enough that I can put in on top of the table, build a map on it, and then with a buddies help, pick up the whole thing and move it to another table. I want to be able to build a map, and if need be move it to a new location. Ply wood would just be too heavy. Any ideas?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
MDF?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:41 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
I use a road closed sign I found a long time ago. Another option I have seen is foamboard for smaller maps.

DWARVES!
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
I use a piece of particle board (1/2" I think). I had plastic laminate placed on both sides and PVC edging run around the edges by a cabinet shop. I knew the owner of the shop and he did it for free. I don't imagine this could cost all that much to have done especially if you gave them the wood already cutto the size you wanted. Then they just have to ally the laminate. Only takes a few minutes to do.
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
We use foamcore to transport tournament maps. We cut them to 28" x 40" so it's easier to get through doors, and we're on our way.
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
MDF?
Medium density fiberboard...it is basically..boards made out of sawdust. Pretty durable and cheap.
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I use large pieces of corrugated cardboard. I have lots.
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker
Another idea is some 1" thick pink/blue insulating foam board (blue is available at Lowes, pink is at Home Depot) sandwiched between thin, 1/4" sheet of plywood (the plywood is glued to the foam board). The 1" thick foam is rigid, but fragile, the plywood is durable, but light and flimsy. Together you get something that's both durable, rigid and incredibly light.

By the way, don't use the 1/2" foam board as it's not nearly as rigid as the 1" or 2" foam boards.

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old January 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
I pick maps up with my hands lol.

Old January 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks for the ideas guys.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Felt! It also makes a nice roll for the dice.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM

No, David, No is surprisingly tart
Try a fabric cutting mat. These come in a variety of sizes.

nDn

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion