Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old May 25th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Engineers of Valhalla Workshop Thread

After your terrain piece has been brainstormed, fleshed out, and is ready to become a serious addition to the EOV depository, this is where to bring it to get everything squared away. Designers will only be able to LD one piece of terrain or 1 set of terrain at a time. (See rules, TBD) The starting post for each new piece or set will be linked to the second post in the OP. Any additional tweaks or edits of that piece should be done in that post. These are the steps you will need to do:

1. Have a piece of terrain in mind. A freely shared stl file that can be edited to fit on the desired terrain hex sizes will be needed. Ex: a link to said file on thingiverse. (There are people in house that can edit these to make them work if they need edited or rescaled.). Also, you may add non 3D printed alternative links in as well, such as paper craft, crafting, store bought, etc. as long as they can fit the same size parameters.
2. A post that gives all the details in text form that explains what your piece is, a link to the object, what category or categories it will fit in, what your piece or pieces do in the game or brings to the game. Example: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...07&postcount=4
3. Any play testing results, tweaks, edits, or changes should be done in that post or be linked from that post. This is to keep any additional clutter from finding a particular piece to comment on.
4. After a piece is to a stage in which the Designer thinks it is ready to be finished, a vote will be called. If the majority vote is a Yea, it will then be passed into final editing and be given a Blueprint. (See rules TBD)

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 22nd, 2021 at 12:28 AM.
Old May 25th, 2021, 04:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Engineers of Valhalla Workshop Thread

Designs in Progress:
Arcane Portal by Trex:https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...07&postcount=4

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; May 25th, 2021 at 04:59 PM.
Old May 25th, 2021, 04:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Current Members: @Muskie , Trex, @Just_a_Bill , @lefton4ya , @S1R_ART0R1US , @Tornado @Shiftrex , @Flash_19

Hey fellas, take a look through this and let me know what you’re thinking. I have the rules as TBD because that thread isn’t up yet. Let me know if any changes that are needed or things that may need added. I do want to add in a rules and procedures thread or an outline that we can add to the welcome thread.

Old May 25th, 2021, 04:41 PM
"like" happy

With its simplistic design I figured I’d get the party started with this one:

Arcane Portal

Classification: Interactive Terrain Feature ITF

File: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2135174

Alternates: TBD, other portals that easily sit on top of a one hex.

This piece is a movement tool for all figures to go from one portal to another. This will allow multi level competitive maps that can utilize castle sets to their full potential without figure size restriction. It should easily open up many avenues of map creation.

Rules: During movement, if a figure adjacent to an Arcane Portal uses one movement space, they may place their figure adjacent to another Arcane Portal or the same Arcane Portal on the battlefield. All leaving engagement penalties apply when using an Arcane Portal for movement.

Minimum number of pieces for use=2

Last edited by TREX; May 25th, 2021 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 25th, 2021, 06:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Love how it opens up some very diverse and different map possibilities which can really make for a whole new gameplay experience.
Old May 26th, 2021, 01:41 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think that's pretty great.

I noticed that you showcased them in different colors. Would it be intuitive to say that it has to be a matching portal that you pop out of? (Red to Red, Blue to Blue) Or do you like the ability to just Stargate to any available portal so you could chill out with an odd number of them on the battlefield and have those choices?
Old May 26th, 2021, 03:40 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I think that's pretty great.

I noticed that you showcased them in different colors. Would it be intuitive to say that it has to be a matching portal that you pop out of? (Red to Red, Blue to Blue) Or do you like the ability to just Stargate to any available portal so you could chill out with an odd number of them on the battlefield and have those choices?
I think for simplicity sake I would just have them all be usable on the battlefield. For special occasions like a map that has special rules I could see that working, but I would just want to lay a sweet and simple ground work for it. I don’t think this one as is would really even need a reference card. For the final 3D file, I will probably combine all the pieces in meshmixer and add a hex piece as well to the bottom. I have personally made quite a few of these already on my printers.

Old May 26th, 2021, 10:13 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Definitely a great addition that would open up extreme elevations in maps to a lot of pieces instead of just flying units. Could enable completely enclosed areas of a map. I think there is a lot of flexibility to be had with the Arcane Portal.

I think it fits on the table and in the lore, has that stargate/Bifrost feel to it when I imagine it on a current map.
Old May 26th, 2021, 11:14 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Definitely a great addition that would open up extreme elevations in maps to a lot of pieces instead of just flying units. Could enable completely enclosed areas of a map. I think there is a lot of flexibility to be had with the Arcane Portal.

I think it fits on the table and in the lore, has that stargate/Bifrost feel to it when I imagine it on a current map.
This simple design, that looks great, and is easy to grasp how it works, really does open up mapmaking possibilities for both competitive maps, and otherwise. That is why I wanted to start with this one. I’ll mock up a revision of the 3D file that is all in one piece, with a hex bottom on it.

Old May 28th, 2021, 10:40 AM

Ok, I think I'll be working on my crystal Geodes that we printed the other day. We have 1, 3, and 7 hexers which look awesome printed in metallic filament.
Old May 28th, 2021, 01:38 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I've experimented with different teleportation hexes, and I think it's a good idea to discuss size and logistics. The current proposal, for me, seems to have its form and function working in two different directions. The gameplay is that any figure (of any size) standing on any of the six adjacent hexes can go through the portal; this suggests that one need merely touch the object, or be within close proximity to it. However, the physical design of the piece suggests that characters must step through it in a direction perpendicular to the ring. (This of course also brings up the fact that Heroscape has a rule that figures cannot go where they cannot fit.)

I would suggest choosing which is more important (form or function), and adjusting the other to work with it.
  • If the touch-from-any-adjacent-space gameplay is most important, then I would look for a different physical object which is more like an obelisk, a control panel, a magic pool, a swirly misty thingy, etc.

• If the go-through-a-portal theme is most important, then I would brainstorm gameplay options that deal with walking through the portal from an appropriate side/direction, make sure the physical object makes that direction clear, and deal with the implications of the rule about figures fitting into the spaces they travel through.
In fact, there could eventually be two different kinds of portals with different mechanisms, in which case it's even more important that each one works like its physical presentation suggests it works.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old May 28th, 2021, 05:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

How would make the physical direction clear?
My only thought is marking an edge.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles