Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Braxas

Yes very true the wrong people being large figures with a hard hitting attack. But that 6 move can go along way, so she should be able to avoid most engagements. Her special not being isolated by engagement is perhaps the biggest advantage she has over Nilf. Nilf is certainly better against those large figures but if he gets isolated his usefulness is very limited whereas braxas can still target figures. The problem I have with her is the range of her special. Units like krav, air Bourne elite even syvarris can pummel her from her a far and force her into close quarters where that engagement is enevitable, I guess that's where a unit like Zelrig can come into play. With his 7 range and the ability to target all sized figures he might be better in those scenarios then both Nilf and Braxas
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM

It's stated over over again in this tread how people feel the need to draft braxas with some sort of support unit, my question is do you guys feel Raelin or Kelda is better. With Raelin, Braxas pitiful defense of 3 can be boosted to 4 or 5 depending on which Raelin is drafted. Whereas Kelda can replenish the mighty beast's life, and with a massive amount of life having that all be replenished can certainly be game changing, which cheerleader do you prefer?
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I'd rather have Raelin. The extra D Can really extend Braxas's life. Also with Raelin you usually only have to spend one order marker to get her to the most beneficial spot.

With Kelda you have to spend a marker every time you try to heal.

It gets kind of boring seeing Raelin in every game though, and rolling the D20 for Kelda's healing can add some fun moments to a game.
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Raelin is nice because her power is static and as Hogg said one OM will get her in place a lot. Also people have to decide to kill Raelin or Braxas first. Usually Raelin, leaving Braxas free to spit acid.
Kelda usually gets left behind and has to be flown back to. I have a love/hate relationship with Kelda. I have on numerous occasions said I will never play Kelda again. Too many 1s on the d20 even before I lost my lucky 20sider. I would run her a lot more if the -2 Life was not in there.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 9th, 2012, 03:12 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The first thing I'd consider, is Raelin's popularity vs Kelda's. As Raelin has become a much more popular tournament unit than Kelda, she is the logical choice. The fewer order markers needed to use Braxas is a major advantage, as she can then use those turns to acid spray.

However, with the right luck, Kelda can obviously extend Braxas's life indefinitely. With 8 life, she should have enough time to do damage and get back to where Kelda is to heal.

Then again, if you are matching Braxas up with the Greenscale Warriors, Raelin would most certainly be the better pick, as you could then potentially have several Greenscales with 6 defense, and Braxas with 5 defense. Thus in conclusion, I must say that Raelin is the better choice (even if it is the less original or exciting choice).
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Why not both?

My dad played Kelda/Raelin/Braxas/Rats x3/Isamu at a 500 point tournament last winter. While he did go 2-3, he said that most losses were a result of him playing Braxas too aggressively and flying her out of Raelin's aura. It is a strong army to play against a squad-based opponent, but it requires quite a bit of patience and self-discipline. You also have to be willing to give up attacks to stay safe/heal.
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM

Great feed back guys, I think the biggest advantage is the placement of the OM's. Kelda is going to require a lot more of them, whereas Raelin can basically fly into position
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNellZ22 View Post
Yes very true the wrong people being large figures with a hard hitting attack. But that 6 move can go along way, so she should be able to avoid most engagements. Her special not being isolated by engagement is perhaps the biggest advantage she has over Nilf. Nilf is certainly better against those large figures but if he gets isolated his usefulness is very limited whereas braxas can still target figures. The problem I have with her is the range of her special. Units like krav, air Bourne elite even syvarris can pummel her from her a far and force her into close quarters where that engagement is enevitable, I guess that's where a unit like Zelrig can come into play. With his 7 range and the ability to target all sized figures he might be better in those scenarios then both Nilf and Braxas
Nilf and Braxas both do better with a screen. Deathreavers used to be the screen of choice but now, Greenscales also serve nicely. The engagements you're talking about never occur if you play your screen properly. The Opponent has to engage your screen, while Braxas/Nilf sit back and use their specials...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting comments from everyone. I guess my thought is "what is the other 210 points?" One advantage Kelda has is a tendency to be ignored, so if there is another figure worthy of healing involved, it might be fun to use her and Braxas. For example, Charos would be intriguing to use with Braxas and Kelda. Lead with Braxas, pull her back and go plant Charos. Wash, rinse repeat.

~Aldin, who has had some fun with that army but not a whole lot of success (too hard to guess at the right timing of everything)

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:24 AM

Armagedon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The best out of Braxas and Nilfheim, Braxas totally RULES on the game board!!!
Old June 24th, 2014, 12:45 AM

HSSKYRES Woo who?

This guy and 12 blue coats is powerful.i tried it on a small map and I owned the enemy!
Old June 24th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSSKYRES View Post
This guy and 12 blue coats is powerful.i tried it on a small map and I owned the enemy!
I'll bet you did, haha. They are both top ranked figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units