Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old February 6th, 2022, 05:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking C3G Heroclix and Marvel Crisis Protocol?

Hey all you C3G guys. Have any of you guys thought of using all your C3G figures as doubles for the Marvel Crisis Protocol Game. Also looking at finding a list builder for those. Just being able to use my C3G collection for additional things would be pretty fun. Any help or tips here would be welcome. Thanks.
Old February 6th, 2022, 06:50 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Heroclix and Marvel Crisis Protocol?

The bases will be the main issue. You'll need to use the MCP bases still.
Old February 7th, 2022, 01:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
The bases will be the main issue. You'll need to use the MCP bases still.
Figured that would be something that came up, but not a big deal with 3d printing. Just something I was thinking about.
Old October 6th, 2022, 06:56 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

On a similar note, I created a bunch of Marvel and DC cards in the style of Star Wars Imperial Assault. I use all the comic minis I've collected with C3G over the years for that. It's a fairly robust game system that allows you to interpret special powers with a lot less text using shared keywords and icons.
Old October 6th, 2022, 08:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds a lot like C3G 2.0

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 7th, 2022, 05:14 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
On a similar note, I created a bunch of Marvel and DC cards in the style of Star Wars Imperial Assault. I use all the comic minis I've collected with C3G over the years for that. It's a fairly robust game system that allows you to interpret special powers with a lot less text using shared keywords and icons.
I loved Imperial assault at the time before the epicness of legion. I'd love to see one for example. The more I look at the heroclix the more I just want to start fresh with all 3d prints of the heroes. There are lots of amazing models out there now. Just haven't done it yet since I have plenty of other games keeping me busy.
Old October 7th, 2022, 09:01 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sounds a lot like C3G 2.0
Good deal. I'll have to check out some of the designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I loved Imperial assault at the time before the epicness of legion. I'd love to see one for example. The more I look at the heroclix the more I just want to start fresh with all 3d prints of the heroes. There are lots of amazing models out there now. Just haven't done it yet since I have plenty of other games keeping me busy.
I should check out Legion too, if nothing else to understand how the system differs.

Here's a few highlights of ones I thought turned out well.

If you're interested here's an album with all the cards I've created.
https://ibb.co/album/y4qMRN

There's some card building software I found on BGG that lets you put together new cards really quickly, no graphic design software or skills needed.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/216...itor-list-buil
Old October 7th, 2022, 09:08 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not sure we have any completed designs *yet* but we might be closer than AoA.

We do have some art prototypes up in the Sanctum, though, like some Fan Four ones that are probably pretty close to what the finished thing will be.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 7th, 2022, 09:23 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like the mechanics on those cards, Good Pig!
Old October 7th, 2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Not sure we have any completed designs *yet* but we might be closer than AoA.

We do have some art prototypes up in the Sanctum, though, like some Fan Four ones that are probably pretty close to what the finished thing will be.
Cool. I won't say anything regarding it here since it's still under wraps.

I think keywords (or icons) that substitute for intuitive mechanics allow you to do a lot in the design space. Imperial Assault probably has a dozen or so of them like Mobile, Pierce, Reach, Cleave, Recover. Also, powers like Tough from HS are easily represented with +1 block symbol.

There's a few things about the IA system that I really like.
- The different colored dice for attack (red melee, blue ranged, yellow tricky, green well-rounded) and defense (black tough, white evasive) allow you to represent a ton of theme without having to creating special powers to represent every facet
- Surge symbols (lightning bolt) provide you with a way to represent attack modifications almost like special attacks, but aren't guaranteed because you have to get the dice roll you need
- Negative statuses like Weaken, Stun, Bleed also provide you with a host of options for representing abilities
- Ranged attacks are not guaranteed to hit, the dice have range values on them that have to add up to total you need

I could go on and on, but I think I've threadjacked Trex's original topic enough already.
Old October 7th, 2022, 12:14 PM
"like" happy

@Good Pig . Wow, that's pretty great. Do you just flip them 90 degrees just like in IA skirmish when you exhaust them? Also, can you play them with the other legit IA cards? Very cool. I have the custom card creator as well that you're using. I'll tell you the difference between IA and legion stuff. IA attacks with a single trooper where legion attacks by the squad. The surges are there but work a little differently. Surges in legion generally cam just be used to convert to hits or crits. I do like in legion that you have a fixed range for different weapons and can't miss if you roll short like you can with IA. I like what you've done with IA dice though. This could definitely work with and without a hex grid. I generally play without a grid or hex system nowadays and just play on awesome looking wargaming terrain. Legion is designed with that in mind. IA wasn't set up to run that way as well just from the ranges on the dice. Regardless, what you have done looks pretty good. All in all, IA and legion both have their place. I like legion quite a bit better. What you've done to use their dice and system is great though. I'd be likely to print and use your cards with my c3g figures for sure.
Old October 7th, 2022, 12:18 PM
"like" happy

@Good Pig , no worries on hijacking the thread. What you posted was the best thing in this thread hands down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion