Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:22 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 9/22/18]

I like this version a lot! Still have those battleball figures laying in my figure shelf...
Old September 23rd, 2018, 01:44 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 9/22/18]

Thanks! I personally still like him more as a Common Hero, but the Unique version has grown on me a bit. It definitely stands a better chance for SoV inclusion, since now each box practically includes the complete faction.

I'm planning on getting some playtests in for these guys fairly soon (first I need to get M.A.R.S. submitted to SoV, while his pack is still somewhat available) and then taking them to the Pre-SoV thread.
Old September 27th, 2018, 10:54 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 9/27/18]

STEEL AUXILIUS
Always Second Place

A Divided Alliance - Heroes of the Field (4/4)

The figure used is one of the Black Harts miniatures from the game Battleball. Steel Auxilius is a single-spaced figure.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • BRUTUS : TEAM LEADER
    As an Athlete Hero that follows Einar, Steel Auxilius may benefit from Brutus' TEAM LEADER activation synergy.

• LINEBACKER : ATHLETE ENHANCEMENT
    As an Athlete, Steel Auxilius may benefit from a Linebacker's ATHLETE ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.

• STALWART : PULL TO SAFETY
    As a friendly athlete figure, Steel Auxilius may ignore wounds after a successful roll for Stalwart's PULL TO SAFETY.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • IRON WOLVES : REINFORCE THE LINE
    As an athlete, Steel Auxilius may aid the Iron Wolves after being wounded to trigger REINFORCE THE LINE.

• HATAMOTO TARO : ADJACENT TOUGH 1
    As a figure that follows Einar, Steel Auxilius may aid Hatamoto Taro with his ADJACENT TOUGH 1 defense bonus.
As always, any comments or feedback are appreciated.

Last edited by Astroking112; May 31st, 2020 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Updated links.
Old September 30th, 2018, 01:12 AM

Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 9/30/18]

VIKTOR KLAW
Beast of the Black Harts

A Divided Alliance - Heroes of the Sport (2/4)

The figure used is one of the Black Harts miniatures from the game Battleball. Viktor Klaw is a single-spaced figure.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • BRUTUS : TEAM LEADER
    As an Athlete Hero that follows Einar, Viktor Klaw may benefit from Brutus' TEAM LEADER activation synergy.

• LINEBACKER : ATHLETE ENHANCEMENT
    As an Athlete, Viktor Klaw may benefit from a Linebacker's ATHLETE ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.

• STALWART : PULL TO SAFETY
    As a friendly athlete figure, Viktor Klaw may ignore wounds after a successful roll for Stalwart's PULL TO SAFETY.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • IRON WOLVES : REINFORCE THE LINE
    As an athlete, Viktor Klaw may aid the Iron Wolves after being wounded to trigger REINFORCE THE LINE.

• HATAMOTO TARO : ADJACENT TOUGH 1
    As a figure that follows Einar, Viktor Klaw may aid Hatamoto Taro with his ADJACENT TOUGH 1 defense bonus.
As always, any comments or feedback are appreciated.

Last edited by Astroking112; May 31st, 2020 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Updated links.
Old October 1st, 2018, 10:10 PM

Prompted by the discussion over in the SoV nominations thread over M.A.R.S., I'm taking him back to the drawing board for some minor tweaks and even more testing before a resubmission. Here is the original card for reference:

I'm currently considering three main avenues to pursue for changing him:
  1. Decrease his normal attack to 2.
  2. Decrease his range to 1 and increase his normal attack to 5.
  3. Increase his points by 10 and decrease his defense to 4.
Regardless of which option I choose above, I'm also going to drop Raised Chassis. Very valid points were made that it will almost never impact the design.

Each choice has some interesting pros and cons:

Number 1 makes his normal attack almost never an optimal decision (since even with height, he will only be at the same strength as his Missile Barrage), heavily incentivizing him to try to just keep on exploding stuff. Still, it lets him have some more tactical flexibility than Option 2 and keeps in line with the original design, just a little toned down.

Number 2 has the biggest change on his playstyle, as he suddenly becomes able of stomping a figure and almost serving as a can-opener if he wasn't so slow. I could really get behind this change, but I'm concerned about the versatility that it might give him. dok gave a good example of using M.A.R.S. on Common Ground, for example, where he could start adjacent to an opponent's figure halfway across the map. A high normal attack makes this a much more favorable prospect for him, along with generally making him hate being engaged a little less.

Number 3 is just some straight nerfs. The increased points total makes it even harder for him to fill out his points, and the reduced defense makes him even more of a glass cannon and less of a straight upgrade over DW9k. The more that I consider all of these options, the less that I like this one.

Thanks to everyone who left feedback in the SoV thread (especially @Kinseth , @Dad_Scaper , @Scytale , @superfrog , and @Leaf_It for their continued responses). I'd appreciate any further thoughts that people want to give on any of these options.
Old October 1st, 2018, 10:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

If you feel confident with the point cost, I wouldn't go for option 3. I'd just make sure you presented those results pretty thoroughly in your submission in case people were curious.

I'd like to see you explore options on making sure the two explosions are close together, not in opposite directions.

Just an example off the top of my head:
Quote:
LOCKED-ON MISSILES SPECIAL ATTACK (SYNCHRONIZED MISSILES? SYNCED MISSILES?)
Range 6. Attack 3.
Choose two figures to attack that are within 3 (2?) clear sight spaces of each other. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figures are also affected by Locked-On Missiles Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. M.A.R.S. can be affected by his own Locked-On Missiles Special Attack.

Last edited by superfrog; October 1st, 2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old October 1st, 2018, 10:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think withdrawing him from the process was a good idea. Not because he's bad, because a unit that's bad can go through the process and get bounced, as it should. I think it was good to pull him back for some refinement, because I like the Special Attack. He's close to excellent.

I don't think it needs to be made more complicated with range & direction or whatever limitations. I would build around it and see where it takes you.

If you do drop his range to 1, I do encourage you to bump his life up to 4, so he occasionally gets a chance to try to stomp on things. Otherwise he often won't get to live long enough to try to stomp on the things engaging him in melee.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 1st, 2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old October 1st, 2018, 10:34 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

There's real potential here, and I think with a round of changes you have a strong contender. I would be happy to see either option 1 or 2 (I don't think the power level is off, really). I would like to mention that I'm not a fan of Mindless either. After all, Soulborg are interesting as robots because they are infused with souls.

The discussion inspired the creator in me and I thought about how I would modify it if it were mine. Maybe it will give you ideas.

Missile Barrage Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 4.
Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, choose 1 figure to attack. If you roll 5-9, choose up to 2 figures to attack. If you roll 10-17, choose up to 3 figures to attack. If you roll 18-20, choose up to 4 figures to attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figure. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Raised Chassis
When attacking normally or with his Missile Barrage Special Attack, if M.A.R.S. is engaged with only small figures, M.A.R.S. may target and attack non-adjacent figures.
Old October 1st, 2018, 10:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think it's a good idea to give details of your playtesting when submitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 1st, 2018, 11:03 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I didn't get a chance to go back and weigh in on your design today because my computer is in the shop, but I wanted to drop by and throw a couple of cents at you. (And I'll try to be brief since you'll have a lot more coming at you, I'm sure.)

First off, I will say I was leaning towards a no vote, mainly due to a lot of reasons stated in the thread like how he compared to KA or Q10, or mainly DW9000. I don't think the original submission was broken, but it did feel like creep (as Scytale said well with his Explosion creep and outshining Deathwalker 9000 explanation). Mainly I felt like MARS needed some room to break away from what is already canon. For that reason, I like option 1 the best of your potential changes, as encouraging him to blow up tons of stuff seems more exciting than two really good attack options.

I also think superfrog and Scytale have some really good ideas you can pull from (and you'll probably get a lot more great suggestions -- good luck sifting through them all ).

I will say I do like Mindless if you take a route that encourages blowing tons of stuff up, including your own figures.

Overall I do like the figure and direction, and I'm excited to see how he looks when he comes out of the workshop!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 1st, 2018, 11:19 PM

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I don't have enough time to respond to everything tonight, so I'm going to sit down and write responses to everything tomorrow. I just wanted to let everyone know that I do appreciate the feedback, but that I unfortunately can't write a detailed response tonight. Sorry for any inconveniences.
Old October 1st, 2018, 11:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

This is your show, man, you get to do it on your own time. I hope nobody would feel offended or inconvenienced.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards