Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old July 10th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I've decided!

The arrogant Joseph Joestar of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! (available on Netflix)

https://hero.fandom.com/wiki/Joseph_Joestar

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 17th, 2019, 03:31 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

JoJo is arrogant and has no problem striking a friend who has slighted him.

He's a master of sleight of hand, capable of pickpocketing and inserting into pockets instantly and undetected.
He often plants his route to victory this way.

He taunts and flaunts to upset his opponents to trick them into making a mistake.
I capitalizes on any mistake made.

his biggest battles are often counter attack after counter attack, never yielding priority until both he is safe and they are defeated.

JoJo utilizes a life magic called hamon, which acts like chakra from Naruto. allowing him to walk on water, climb surfaces.
Hamon is especially destructive versus undead

He uses a technique he uses by name called Hamon Overdrive, which appears to be a + modifier at the risk of later exhaustion. He has used this when he was too tired to used casual hamon, so the expense must be at end of turn.

JoJo will infuse items with hamon and plant it with his sleight of hand mastery
he's a master of deception and misdirection

Old July 17th, 2019, 03:35 PM

JoJo is from a show about succession, his family fighting immortal vampires. The first season featured his grandfather or great uncle and season 3 isn't available on Netflix, but he's an old man and there are 6 seasons or so.

I doubt this aspect of the character will be represented in this design.

Old July 21st, 2019, 03:08 PM

JoJo does it for the glory and thus Jandar. He is six and a half feet tall and thus Medium 5.

power brainstorming, not intended to keep all of them:

Run and Think
Once per round, JoJo may add 2 to his Move. If he does, he must end his movement unengaged and he adds 1 to his Attack and Defense until the end of your next turn.

Genuis Counter Defense
When attacked with a normal or special attack, may roll the 20-sided die. If roll 12 or higher, may add 1 to JoJo's Defense and roll again. If roll 11 or less, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Sleight of Hand Genius
At any time during any figure's movement, JoJo may move a Treasure Glyph from his card to the Army Card of an adjacent figure or move a Treasure Glyph from the Army Card of an adjacent figure to this card.

Hamon Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 2.
If the defending figure is Undead or has a Treasure Glyph on its Army Card that was placed there by JoJo's Sleight of Hand Genius, count each skull rolled twice.

Hamon Overdrive
JoJo may add 2 dice to his Hamon Special Attack. If he does, he receives a wound at the end of turn.

Old July 21st, 2019, 05:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

If you use the last two powers, I recommend 6 life.

Old August 1st, 2019, 09:05 AM

[deleted post]

Last edited by Confred; August 1st, 2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2019, 09:05 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Oh. Deleted huh? Good job getting me here at any rate lol. Good luck on Jojo, watching that show right now actually. I like run and think, don't think wounding himself with hamon is very thematic per say, but I can see it. Personally I don't like treasure glyph synergies since they are so underused. They only really come into play when the character brings a treasure glyph themself. Throughout the show JoJo uses string quite a bit, his future stand even resembles string. I would like to see that incorporated in some way, maybe subtracting from the opponent's stats if he rolls high enough. "Your next line is..." could be used to see an order marker. Just some more ideas to flood the pool, back to lurking I go. GLHF

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old August 3rd, 2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Oh. Deleted huh? Good job getting me here at any rate lol. Good luck on Jojo, watching that show right now actually. I like run and think, don't think wounding himself with hamon is very thematic per say, but I can see it. Personally I don't like treasure glyph synergies since they are so underused. They only really come into play when the character brings a treasure glyph themself. Throughout the show JoJo uses string quite a bit, his future stand even resembles string. I would like to see that incorporated in some way, maybe subtracting from the opponent's stats if he rolls high enough. "Your next line is..." could be used to see an order marker. Just some more ideas to flood the pool, back to lurking I go. GLHF
Great ideas! My next draft is super wonky and I definitely want it workshopped, but here is the first draft:

RUN AND THINK
Instead of attacking, JoJo may move an additional time. If he doesn't end this movement engaged, move one of your order markers to his Army Card.

MISDIRECTION GENIUS
At any point before, during, or after moving, JoJo may move an unrevealed order marker from his Army Card to the Army Card of an adjacent figure. That figure's controller can't look at it. Then, at any point during that figure's turn, you may reveal the order marker. If it's numbered, subtract that number of dice from its next roll or if the roll is a 20-sided die roll, subtract that number from its result. If it's Order Marker "X" negate a special power of that figure until end of turn.

ELABORATE COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal or special attack, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. Then after dealing damage and before taking damage, JoJo may roll defense dice an additional time and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. Count all shields rolled when blocking damage.

Old August 3rd, 2019, 05:59 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

I dunno how often 2 dice will come into play for a counter strike. And survivability is pretty low even with 6 life, I'd go 5 life (still above the average human) and 3 defense

Old August 4th, 2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
I dunno how often 2 dice will come into play for a counter strike. And survivability is pretty low even with 6 life, I'd go 5 life (still above the average human) and 3 defense
Using those ideas, I've removed much the wonk but kept some main concepts:

SECRET TECHNIQUE
Instead of attacking, JoJo may move an additional time. If he doesn't end this movement engaged, move one of your order markers to his Army Card.

TRICKY WIT DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice, JoJo has the Tricky personality and may reveal an unrevealed order marker from his card or from the Army Card of the attacking figure. If it's a numbered order marker, add that number of dice to JoJo's Defense. If it's the Order Marker "X" all excess shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

HAMON OVERDRIVE
Once per round, after taking a turn with JoJo, he may take an additional turn. After that turn, remove an unrevealed order marker from his Army Card. If he can't, instead remove 1 wound from his card.

Last edited by Confred; August 4th, 2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old August 4th, 2019, 09:54 PM

I like it, I like it a lot.

Old August 10th, 2019, 12:53 AM

JoJo is now available on Steam/Tabletop Simulator

Playtested him and he's fun to play. His abilities work well together and he's versatile.
However, in source, the more down on his luck, the more he seems to pull out. In this version, he's best when he's already ahead. There may be no cure for that, but it's worth mentioning.

He performs high, but I am unsure of 270 high. I think I saw a C3G file on Steam - I may test him against heroes.

Dalinar, when tested against him performed at 310 Points. His power level was oppressive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum