Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 6th, 2017, 02:09 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Very nice job on the painting @Hahma . Are the doors and chests part of the base set or part of the kickstarter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I got the chance to play Catan last night. Believe it or not it was my first time ever playing it. It was a four player game with one other person playing for the first time. I placed fourth but I actually won. Technically I won with 11 points because I turned over a third knight for two points when I was sitting at 9. The two other veterans had 8 points and the other first timer had 6. They were kind of excited at how competitively close the game was since they weren't playing with any of their expansions. Is it typically a run away? I ask because I really enjoyed the game.
I have never played Catan either but have been considering getting it just for the simple fact that it is on nearly every suggested board game list out there. It is encouraging to know that you enjoyed your first game of it. Is it a long game?
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 6th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Very nice job on the painting @Hahma . Are the doors and chests part of the base set or part of the kickstarter?
-
-
Thanks Keglo!

I'm thinking the doors and chests were a kickstarter add-on, as Jeff got it via kickstarter.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 6th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I have played once. Do not remember who won but it was fun.

There is some luck involved if I am remembering correctly.
Old August 6th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, a little bit of luck in Catan in who gets resources produced.

Old August 6th, 2017, 05:31 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I have never played Catan either but have been considering getting it just for the simple fact that it is on nearly every suggested board game list out there. It is encouraging to know that you enjoyed your first game of it. Is it a long game?
-
-
Catan is a great game. Easy to learn and teach and besides first time rules questions and getting the hang of it, should only take an hour with the base game. It's first player to 10 points and everyone starts with 2 points in the initial set-up. Games I've played are typically close to the end, at least between two or three of four players.

Initial set-up is a huge part of the game as it dictates what resources you are likely to get and what your focus will likely be (road building, settlement.building, city building). Trading with other players is necessary and encouraged but you want to also make sure you're not handing another player the game by allowing them to do everything they want. I'd gladly play it anytime.
Old August 6th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Catan is a great game. Easy to learn and teach and besides first time rules questions and getting the hang of it, should only take an hour with the base game. It's first player to 10 points and everyone starts with 2 points in the initial set-up. Games I've played are typically close to the end, at least between two or three of four players.

Initial set-up is a huge part of the game as it dictates what resources you are likely to get and what your focus will likely be (road building, settlement.building, city building). Trading with other players is necessary and encouraged but you want to also make sure you're not handing another player the game by allowing them to do everything they want. I'd gladly play it anytime.
Yeah, Catan is the textbook gateway game that can help bridge the gap between non-gamers and hobby/tabletop enthusiasts. I would call it a longer party game. It's relatively light and only takes a game or two to get the full hang of the different strategies.
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:28 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

On Saturday, got in a 5 player game of Frostgrave. It was pretty insane. Turned more into a 5 player death match than a treasure collecting gold rush. I liked it all the same. Yesterday, we got in a 5 player game of Rum and Bones second tide. I had everyone use the Core set from Season 1 and were also allowed to pick from mercenary packs 1 and 2 from season 1. I have the upgrade chest for all of them, but the reason we went with those is because I have all those sets painted and wanted to see all those painted beauties on the table. Me an my wife lost to two of my brothers and one of their girlfriends by one VP. Close game, and very fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:25 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
On Saturday, got in a 5 player game of Frostgrave. It was pretty insane. Turned more into a 5 player death match than a treasure collecting gold rush. I liked it all the same. Yesterday, we got in a 5 player game of Rum and Bones second tide. I had everyone use the Core set from Season 1 and were also allowed to pick from mercenary packs 1 and 2 from season 1. I have the upgrade chest for all of them, but the reason we went with those is because I have all those sets painted and wanted to see all those painted beauties on the table. Me an my wife lost to two of my brothers and one of their girlfriends by one VP. Close game, and very fun.
except not thread... post...
Old August 7th, 2017, 01:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post
Quote:
I took quite a few pics of the Frostgrave battle, and maybe a couple of the Rum and bones ones. Its just kind of a pain to put on the pictures, hence why I haven't put many up lately.

EDIT: Sorry about the worthlessness of the post.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 7th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Used to that

Old August 7th, 2017, 02:33 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I took quite a few pics of the Frostgrave battle, and maybe a couple of the Rum and bones ones. Its just kind of a pain to put on the pictures, hence why I haven't put many up lately.

EDIT: Sorry about the worthlessness of the post.
Oh jeez now I feel bad, I got so excited to use that emoji and I ended up just insulting a totally useful post though I do hope to see some more of your painted Rum and Bones stuff! I'm still working on painting my AotP stuff but trying to find other games that my wife will enjoy... thought Takenoko would work because she loves pandas but it was a flop... doesn't help that it was late and she is pregnant... but apparently Takenoko is more complex than heroscape lol
Old August 7th, 2017, 04:00 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Oh jeez now I feel bad, I got so excited to use that emoji and I ended up just insulting a totally useful post though I do hope to see some more of your painted Rum and Bones stuff! I'm still working on painting my AotP stuff but trying to find other games that my wife will enjoy... thought Takenoko would work because she loves pandas but it was a flop... doesn't help that it was late and she is pregnant... but apparently Takenoko is more complex than heroscape lol
That's a bummer. Got to try out Takenoko for the first time at Origins this year and really liked it. It's on our wish list now.

Have you tried something like Ticket to Ride with her?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games