Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old May 26th, 2017, 10:24 PM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker
Re: swimming pool HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Wow, this is brilliant! I like this idea so much I had an in ground swimming pool installed yesterday, and set up a sweet map all the way around it (it only makes sense for figures to be able to walk around if they want to).

I changed up the rules for moving the boats though, each ship can move one noodle, and then the smaller row boats (which seat just 3 figures) can move two pool noodles. It isn't too hard to anker them either, all you need is a few ropes and cinder blocks, making a lasso knot in the middle let's you adjust for depth.

Also, I have these pool-noodle-water-guns (I think you can find them at the dollar store, they stop working pretty quickly but they work for this still) that extend to fill with water, so I made marks on the extending part for ranges 3-10, that way ranged figures can shoot from boat to boat or from the shore. It does extend the range a good deal, but I think that's reasonable considering the size of my swimming pool.

My helicopter is arriving tomorrow so I should be able to get a nice picture of the whole set-up.

Spoiler Alert!

Aw man that would be awesome. When the helicopter gets there you have to take up a couple airborne elites. Then they can really drop in on the map.

Here's to hoping you roll a 13!

+rep dr. G.
Old May 26th, 2017, 11:09 PM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: swimming pool HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Wow, this is brilliant! I like this idea so much I had an in ground swimming pool installed yesterday, and set up a sweet map all the way around it (it only makes sense for figures to be able to walk around if they want to).

I changed up the rules for moving the boats though, each ship can move one noodle, and then the smaller row boats (which seat just 3 figures) can move two pool noodles. It isn't too hard to anker them either, all you need is a few ropes and cinder blocks, making a lasso knot in the middle let's you adjust for depth.

Also, I have these pool-noodle-water-guns (I think you can find them at the dollar store, they stop working pretty quickly but they work for this still) that extend to fill with water, so I made marks on the extending part for ranges 3-10, that way ranged figures can shoot from boat to boat or from the shore. It does extend the range a good deal, but I think that's reasonable considering the size of my swimming pool.

My helicopter is arriving tomorrow so I should be able to get a nice picture of the whole set-up.

Spoiler Alert!

Aw man that would be awesome. When the helicopter gets there you have to take up a couple airborne elites. Then they can really drop in on the map.

Here's to hoping you roll a 13!

+rep dr. G.
Aren't you guys going to draft a few Water Elementals while your at it?

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Old May 27th, 2017, 01:26 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Honestly I don't think this is a BAD idea... inflatable flotation devices have come a long way since the original post... I am pretty sure I have seen floating card tables http://www.bing.com/images/search?vi...ict&ajaxhist=0 Something like this would be a perfect way to cool off during a Heat of Battle style game

Though personally I am more about theme so I think with the original post I wouldn't want to shove my boat, I would want it on a rope like a ferry to re-enact scenes from A Knights Tale and the Lord of the Rings... though dry ice, or a fog machine would be necessary to really get a feel for the misty suspense as the character's cross the unknown expanse of water....
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:15 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post
Honestly I don't think this is a BAD idea... inflatable flotation devices have come a long way since the original post... I am pretty sure I have seen floating card tables http://www.bing.com/images/search?vi...ict&ajaxhist=0 Something like this would be a perfect way to cool off during a Heat of Battle style game

Though personally I am more about theme so I think with the original post I wouldn't want to shove my boat, I would want it on a rope like a ferry to re-enact scenes from A Knights Tale and the Lord of the Rings... though dry ice, or a fog machine would be necessary to really get a feel for the misty suspense as the character's cross the unknown expanse of water....
Perhaps but the problem with Dry Ice in the pool is that the escaping gas breaks the surface tension and density of the water and your boats, if they weren't overturned due to the bubbles, would likely not float and all your figures would drown.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:36 PM

Lightbulb Re: swimming pool HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post

Perhaps but the problem with Dry Ice in the pool is that the escaping gas breaks the surface tension and density of the water and your boats, if they weren't overturned due to the bubbles, would likely not float and all your figures would drown.
Not the Marro Drudge,they'd just water tunnel to another hex.....oh yeah, right.Can't water tunnel to another space if there are no spaces now can you?

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is the greatest necro I've ever seen. I can't believe we've been missing out on all these fantastic new ways to play Heroscape! Who needs the game reprinted when we've got endless variety right here
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:47 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
This is the greatest necro I've ever seen. I can't believe we've been missing out on all these fantastic new ways to play Heroscape! Who needs the game reprinted when we've got endless variety right here
And I thought I was being all rowdy and out of line wanting to go hexless and o natural.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Shh... CVN has eyes everywhere , you should say no such thing. If he doesn't reprint it, how will the new generation go swimming with "Secret "Agents or "Spies" or "army men" ?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions